Robinson - Gone
Brown - Out For Season
Franklin - Not Playing
Thwaites - Gone
Michie - Retired
Scanlon - Interstate for first half of season
Hameeterman/Baxter - Unsure at this stage
B.Batt - May be interstate

Obviously there will be a drop in talent but through playing juniors right through i do know Langy has had strong juniors and even though they may not be big names, they are kids that have played together for quite some time, very similar to bunyip at the moment, and i think they may scrape into the 6 but in a couple of years time if those guys hang around they will be a strong local side, and thats really how a club should be formed

Spot on chuck. At the moment we have a strong core of local players between 18 and 22. Obviously for us to push for a premiership the most important thing to do is to get games into these players. Having players leave will allow us to do this. Players who were fringe last year will become key players, guys who played in the twos will be getting senior games. And hopefully then in 2 or 3 years when the core is 21-25 we will be able to have a real crack at a premiership.

Spot on chuck. At the moment we have a strong core of local players between 18 and 22. Obviously for us to push for a premiership the most important thing to do is to get games into these players. Having players leave will allow us to do this. Players who were fringe last year will become key players, guys who played in the twos will be getting senior games. And hopefully then in 2 or 3 years when the core is 21-25 we will be able to have a real crack at a premiership.
This is true sneak, but I would think your young talent advancement has been ushered upon you. I'm sure your club have had to do this because of your current position of players leaving, not a concentrated effort to do so. Having said that, I hope the progression of your younger players comes along quick and you don't have to wait too long. I'm tipping you guys to finish in top 6, but I wouldn't expect too much more than that this year, that would be unrealistic. But the future would still obviously look bright.

Yeah you are right dukes, obviously in a perfect world we would have kept everyone from last year but circumstances haven't allowed that. It could be looked on as a bad thing for the club but the way I see it is as an opportunity for others.

yeah ive heard that but also heard the gulls got up with davey leishout barr gray etc only playing one qtr against nearly ever person dusties have

Yes, well I spoke to one of the players that has gone to the Dusties from Narre Warren on Saturday night and he tells me in his words: "I don't know if I've made the right decision going down there, the ground and everything about the set up is great, but the training is terrible and the skill level is the worst I have ever seen"

Heyfield play Maffra 20th a Friday Night at Maffra.

THE ROO will be playing as he will have lost to Stratford in SMCA A grade Semi Final at College, the previous weekend. Sorry Roo. Corey Mckernan may make the trip down (85%) to humiliate Maffra.

The same can not be said of Jack 'I am better than Andrew' Tatterson last years WGLFL
leading goal kicker, who won't play too.

His preparations for a vital cricket match involve talking s### to Keamy at legends on a friday night.

Heyfield play Maffra 20th a Friday Night at Maffra.

THE ROO will be playing as he will have lost to Stratford in SMCA A grade Semi Final at College, the previous weekend. Sorry Roo. Corey Mckernan may make the trip down (85%) to humiliate Maffra.

The same can not be said of Jack 'I am better than Andrew' Tatterson last years WGLFL
leading goal kicker, who won't play too.

His preparations for a vital cricket match involve talking s### to Keamy at legends on a friday night.

Thats not what the Roo told me, he said that Stratty are absolute dog shit, and that they aren't in the same league as College (g'day Roo, if you are out there!). He also said getting Sam "Justin Langer" Anstee out for a duck will be his favourite finals moment in his career, just above the day he dropped into Stephenson park from a helicopter and bowled the Collegians to victory.

Corey Mac will be bursting through packs and taking more overhead marks than any man has taken before. Sam Bristow certainly won't be up to that task. Maffra better get a real defender to play on him.

Jack "I'm probably never gunna be as good as Taylor" Tatterson has probably never played in a practice match in his life. The therapist will need him in at Legends on Friday nights for his betting and batting tips.

Wonder whether Hayden Burgiel will suit up for Maffra after the local council decided that as a requirement of him living and working in the vicinity of Sale he is now required to play for a Sale side. They have said that it is about time for him to give back to the community. Rumor has it, due to the Maffra Sale rivalry, that he doesn't want to play with Sale, so, he will play with Sale City. (I got the inside mail from a moron on Bigfooty, it must be true)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lang Lang played against Tarwin Lower last night. Pretty sure we had a narrow win. Plenty of good signs from the younger kids who will be looking to fill the gaps left by the departures.

Darnum played Traf tonight.

First 3 "quarters?" were for mostly 2s players. I think Traf sort of won that by maybe 5 points. Second 3 quarters were for mostly seniors. Traf scored maybe 2 goals to Darnum's 9 or 10. Attrocious conditions with the wind and the water lying on top of the ground, but Darnum seemed to handle it better than Traf. Traf, under Dave Dawson will still be right up there in the MGFL.

The ground held up very well, so all the hard work over the summer has paid off. Probably got at least 2 inches of water on it today.

Cora Lynn had a good win against Devon Meadows yesterday in the seniors, Dvon Meadows seemed to be devastated to lose to an ellinbank side as they were quite arrogant about the how much more superior there league is compared to ellinbank. Both sides did have players out and the game was played in wete conditions. Cora Lynn's pressure was fantastic while Devon Meadows seemed to try and rely on Henneman to get there score, but he was pretty well subdued by O'Hara in his first game back from injuries sustained in the car crash last year.

From what i hear Cora Lynn had more out than Devon Meadows. Will be the team to beat again for sure.

Devon won the twos comfortably, correct?

Lang Lang played against Tarwin Lower last night. Pretty sure we had a narrow win. Plenty of good signs from the younger kids who will be looking to fill the gaps left by the departures.

Popped in to have a look sneak. Even though it was a practice match, was a terrible game. Turn over after turn over from both sides. Was not a pretty match to watch at all, having said that there was a few good things that your younger players done that impressed me.

Yes Devon won the two's quite comfortably, were a lot more composed with the wet footy early on and got the jump, there u18's were also a lot more physically developed than Cora Lynn's. Half of each side was u'18's as Cora Lynn didn't haven't enough to field an 18's side just yet.

I hear Lang Lang are playing against the East Dargo Knighthawks this weekend. Should be a good clash, with the Knighthawks one of the stronger sides in the North Southern Gippsland Football League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Practise matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back