Club Legend
Feb 12, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood, Oak A's,SF 49ers, Celtics,
Following the price fixing scandal.

First off all i would just like to say to you all that i told u so. I know some off you would remember that i was about the only one earlier in the year to stand up and say that i had a bad feeling about this guy. I was told that i am a troll and that my user name is a good reflection of me for sayign so. But it seems that i am right.

I will admit that he has been a very good president for our club. But Pratt is now seen as a white collar criminal and u can't have the HEAD off your club perceived in this way without it affectign the club. I have been reading other threads about this today and there is no doubt that other supporters just want to sink the boot in. But you can't argue it has nothing to do with Carlton and if Carlton to do nothing it is saying that they are supportive of this type off behaviour. First Elliott and now this, we are seen as the Carlton criminals and this cannot continue.

Dick do the right thing and resign now. you are welcome back at the club any time and can continue to make dontations and give advice.

First off all i would just like to say to you all that i told u so. I know some off you would remember that i was about the only one earlier in the year to stand up and say that i had a bad feeling about this guy. I was told that i am a troll and that my user name is a good reflection of me for sayign so. But it seems that i am right.

I will admit that he has been a very good president for our club. But Pratt is now seen as a white collar criminal and u can't have the HEAD off your club perceived in this way without it affectign the club. I have been reading other threads about this today and there is no doubt that other supporters just want to sink the boot in. But you can't argue it has nothing to do with Carlton and if Carlton to do nothing it is saying that they are supportive of this type off behaviour. First Elliott and now this, we are seen as the Carlton criminals and this cannot continue.

Dick do the right thing and resign now. you are welcome back at the club any time and can continue to make dontations and give advice.

So you are still willing to accept his money even though you believe him to be a criminal? You don't want him to head the club, but it's okay by you for him to donate his millions as long as he stays in the background?

Dick do the right thing and resign now. you are welcome back at the club any time and can continue to make dontations and give advice.[/quote]

You want him sacked, but still accepting his money is ok. C'mon mate, leave the guy alone. He should be allowed to be president for as long as he likes.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why should we care what other supporters think/feel. Personally i think Jeff Kennett is a tw@t but I couldnt see the dorks moving him on as a result.

Dick has saved this club by pulling it back from the brink. If the legislators forcibly remove him (by not awarding a gaming licence) then there's nothing we can do but anything short of that then we should take sticks' advice:

"we are carlton, f$#@k the rest".

2 weeks time this will all be old news.

posted by Bee
So you are still willing to accept his money even though you believe him to be a criminal? You don't want him to head the club, but it's okay by you for him to donate his millions as long as he stays in the background?

yes b/c not all his money has been obtained illegally. But unfortunately Pratt is the head of the club atm, the figurehead has to be reasonably clean and not be presiding over the biggest price fixing scandal in australian corporate history. anyone is free to make donations, but if the head off the club is seen as a criminal then the club is going to be perceived in the same light.

you see just looking at these intial resposes sums up the problem with our support base. Firstly it does matter how the club is perceived, i'm not going to provide a lengthy explanation as to why b/c it's obvious.

I'm glad to see by your responses that you all think white collar crime is a trivial thing. as a poster said in another thread you rip off Centrelink and go to gaol. rip off the australian consumer and get a 36 mil fine which for Pratt is like an ordinary australian being fined $2 for speeding.

I hate all these rich sugar daddy's at our club. and don't tell me to **** off and barrack for another one b/c this is not what Carlton is about. unfortunately most of you wouldn't know what Carlton is about and that is very sad.

Little bit of price fixing never hurt anyone. IIRC it was a civil hearing that Pratt sat, he never faced a criminal charge. It's not like all the directors from other clubs would be all squeaky clean. LONG LIVE PRATT!!!!

yes b/c not all his money has been obtained illegally. But unfortunately Pratt is the head of the club atm, the figurehead has to be reasonably clean and not be presiding over the biggest price fixing scandal in australian corporate history. anyone is free to make donations, but if the head off the club is seen as a criminal then the club is going to be perceived in the same light.

So you will only accept his legal money? I am interested as to how you can tell the difference. Does this so called legal money look and smell different to the other ill gotten money?
Hawthorn have a bloody ex-politician presiding over them. You can't get much more corrupt and dishonest than that.

I don't care what the anyone else thinks of us. Never have, never will.

you see just looking at these intial resposes sums up the problem with our support base. Firstly it does matter how the club is perceived, i'm not going to provide a lengthy explanation as to why b/c it's obvious.

I'm glad to see by your responses that you all think white collar crime is a trivial thing. as a poster said in another thread you rip off Centrelink and go to gaol. rip off the australian consumer and get a 36 mil fine which for Pratt is like an ordinary australian being fined $2 for speeding.

I hate all these rich sugar daddy's at our club. and don't tell me to **** off and barrack for another one b/c this is not what Carlton is about. unfortunately most of you wouldn't know what Carlton is about and that is very sad.

And you do? You know better than any of us what Carlton is about?
What makes you so special?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

posted by 2nd effort
Why should we care what other supporters think/feel. Personally i think Jeff Kennett is a tw@t but I couldnt see the dorks moving him on as a result.

Dick has saved this club by pulling it back from the brink. If the legislators forcibly remove him (by not awarding a gaming licence) then there's nothing we can do but anything short of that then we should take sticks' advice:

"we are carlton, f$#@k the rest".

2 weeks time this will all be old news.

yes thanks for bringing that up. this is one example of how the club could be hurt. It's ok to say we are carlton and **** the rest but that won't help the club propser. criminals come undone eventually. it ios this generation of Carlton supporters that will destroy the club. they get a hard on by having allthese rich suits around the place. it obviously gives them a big self esteem boost. obvioulsy lessons have not been learnt from the elliott era.

Hey bozo ..
Dick Pratt is head of the chairman of Visy but it was more the other board members that were more involved in the price fixing scandal, Pratt was just a figure head.
Also what about the millions Pratt has given to charity over the years.
This club would not have gotten Swann or Judd if it weren't for Dick Pratt.
And we would have nearly folded a few years ago it if weren't for Pratt's genoristy, for years he has tipped in plenty for the club.

I actually suspect you are a 'troll' plant from another club, who doesn't follow Carlton at all.

Give the man a break FFS. He is a hero.

Not that I want to stick up for Nutcase, but if this was Eddie, then we would all be calling for his head.

What Pratt did, was huge and we shouldn't sweep it under the rug. Questions need to be asked.

lol. Pratt is a large shareholder of a company that was found to be in breach of a corporate law. And the company payed a fine. So what. ALL big companys find themselves on the wrong side of business law at one time or another. That's just the nature of operating a big company, and why they have their own legal departments. There's a difference between an individual breaching the law and a Company breaching the law. A massive difference actually. The anti-Carlton football media are trying to make out the Company's breach of law is exactly the same as if Pratt himself was found guilty of an individual criminal offence, which in fact he has not. Don't suckup what the footy media feed you, without at least applying a little thought first. :)

it's amazing how people can comprimise there principles. Carlton will have to deal with it b/c it's not going to go away. Sponsors will start to get nervous, potential supporters will be turned off. action will be forced upon us. If we try and delay the inevitable and defend him we will just look like we support white collar crime and that we are the cheats that we are continually labelled as. Biggest price fixing scandall in australian corporate history, ahhh no big deal.

I heard on the radio that 36 mil is about 1% of what he earns which is about 5.6 Billion...

Since Pratt has been with the club, everything has gone well, maybe not the on-feild stuff but that is beyond his power, although he would have played a part in getting Juddy. Name one problem Pratt has done to the club thus far?

So Pratt commited a crime how ever many years ago. Who gives a $hit.

Fevola punched so barman in the head, sack him.

Players get caught for speeding sack them all.

Players take illegal drugs sack them first time they get caught.

No ones perfect. I'm sure you've broken the law once before. Does that mean you should be sacked from your job?

Pratt's never gone to jail, so to call him a criminal is to call anyone who gets fined a criminal.

Opposition supporters want him sacked because he's saved our club and now he's taking us back up to the top where we belong.

it's amazing how people can comprimise there principles. Carlton will have to deal with it b/c it's not going to go away. Sponsors will start to get nervous, ...

I think you just don't understand the difference between an Individual and a Company being found guilty of breaching the law. It is totally different, and has different implications. Big Company's are found guilty of breaching certain aspects of Buislness Law all the time. ALL companies try to push the rules to the limit to get a competitive advantage. And sometimes they over-step the mark. Welcome to the world of capitalism. :)

posted by Celtic pride
Dick Pratt is head of the chairman of Visy but it was more the other board members that were more involved in the price fixing scandal, Pratt was just a figure head

what....the head off the company has no responsibilty for what happened? It's a big like saying that Elliott had no knowledge of salary cap rorting.

posted by celtic pride

Also what about the millions Pratt has given to charity over the years.

what are u saying? people that give to charity should be given special treatment before the law? Preference for the rich?

posted by celtic pride

This club would not have gotten Swann or Judd if it weren't for Dick Pratt.

never said that he wasn't a good president. West Coast may not have won a premiership if it wasn't for Cousins but he was still sacked. Or is recreational drug use more serious than price fixing?
posted by Celtic Pride
Give the man a break FFS. He is a hero

what a very very sad statement.

it's amazing how people can comprimise there principles. Carlton will have to deal with it b/c it's not going to go away. Sponsors will start to get nervous, potential supporters will be turned off. action will be forced upon us. If we try and delay the inevitable and defend him we will just look like we support white collar crime and that we are the cheats that we are continually labelled as. Biggest price fixing scandall in australian corporate history, ahhh no big deal.

This one had me scratching my head. So because Richard Pratt got fined in ANOTHER company with an incident that happened how many years ago? will turn people away from supporting Carlton? I don't know about you buddy but I wouldn't and im sure many other Carlton supporters would not stop following Carlton because of what has occured.

I didn't know one man's actions is bigger then a club. And for anyone who has to think twice about supporting Carlton can go and shuve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pratt must resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back