Pratt must resign

Remove this Banner Ad

The man is a genius!

He got fined $36M but how much did he make? ;)

He could lose up to $800 million as a result of the class action suit. They're predicting $400-$800 million. As its against both Visy and Amcor though im guessing it would be split. Still, up to $400 million is heaps. This fine isn't what Pratt cares about, it's the class action suit he's gonna get ****ed over by

it's amazing how people can comprimise there principles. Carlton will have to deal with it b/c it's not going to go away. Sponsors will start to get nervous, potential supporters will be turned off. action will be forced upon us. If we try and delay the inevitable and defend him we will just look like we support white collar crime and that we are the cheats that we are continually labelled as. Biggest price fixing scandall in australian corporate history, ahhh no big deal.
Have you bought petrol lately? Or do you just sniff it?

posted by Bluegals23
This one had me scratching my head. So because Richard Pratt got fined in ANOTHER company with an incident that happened how many years ago? will turn people away from supporting Carlton? I don't know about you buddy but I wouldn't and im sure many other Carlton supporters would not stop following Carlton because of what has occured.

I didn't know one man's actions is bigger then a club. And for anyone who has to think twice about supporting Carlton can go and shuve it

As i said it is about perceptions. We are now knows as the Carlton criminals. Do u think that is going to be appealing to potential young Carltons upporters that have been raised in decent homes? We should be knows as the team that has won more premierships than anyone else. A team that succedes playing by the rules. That is how we have been for most of our existence but now these rich sugar daddy's run the club we are recognised for salary cap rorting and price fixing and tanking. The image of the club is at an all time low and we don't need this. Pratt should resign.

posted by Parrott
I think you just don't understand the difference between an Individual and a Company being found guilty of breaching the law. It is totally different, and has different implications. Big Company's are found guilty of breaching certain aspects of Buislness Law all the time. ALL companies try to push the rules to the limit to get a competitive advantage. And sometimes they over-step the mark. Welcome to the world of capitalism.

BIggest price fixing scandal in Australian corporate history

As i said it is about perceptions. We are now knows as the Carlton criminals. Do u think that is going to be appealing to potential young Carltons upporters that have been raised in decent homes? We should be knows as the team that has won more premierships than anyone else. A team that succedes playing by the rules. That is how we have been for most of our existence but now these rich sugar daddy's run the club we are recognised for salary cap rorting and price fixing and tanking. The image of the club is at an all time low and we don't need this. Pratt should resign.

Im sure the President isnt the influence on supporters choosing which club to follow. If the supporters who have been through it all dont give a damn then why should the potentially new suppporters?

Who care's what they think if they dont want to jump on bored because our President got fined 36mil then that's there problem not Richards. He has done so much for this club lately and he should NOT have to quit because of something that occured with another company, some years ago.

Im sure sponserships wont matter. Visy is now our shorts sponsere if worse comes to worse, which it wont, they can be our main sponser. No biggy.

Bring on 2008.

posted by jj1978
How does Visy reflect on CFC...?

This is a NON issue!!

Stop adding fuel to the fire!

wrong wrong wrong. It does affect CFC when the president of the company implicated is also the president of CFC. If Pratt is prepared to use illegal tactics in business who is to say that he won't do the same at CFC. This will be what people (sponsors) will think.

How about if Pratt was a billion dollar drug lord? I spose you wouldn't think that this wouldn't matter as long as he continues to run the club legally? Or maybe you think his actions aren't that serious. Ahh it's just a bit of price fixing right?

Swann, Icke, Rodgers, Justin Cordy (High Performance Manager) Judd (best player in the competition), Membership (smashed our record from last year), Sponsorship (will be getting major major sponsors v soon) , Confidence (in the board/ future of our club, playing list, & supporters)

WHY

RICHARD PRATT

enough said

wrong wrong wrong. It does affect CFC when the president of the company implicated is also the president of CFC. If Pratt is prepared to use illegal tactics in business who is to say that he won't do the same at CFC. This will be what people (sponsors) will think.

How about if Pratt was a billion dollar drug lord? I spose you wouldn't think that this wouldn't matter as long as he continues to run the club legally? Or maybe you think his actions aren't that serious. Ahh it's just a bit of price fixing right?

The difference, you out and out nimrod, is that dealing drugs is completely and utterly illegal. How many drug dealers do you know that just receive a fine then keep running their businesses when they're caught? Judging by the level of intellect and logic displayed in your posts, I'm guessing you know at least one drug dealer. Next time you're picking up your daily crystal meth hit, why don't you ask him what would happen if the police found out that he was doing what he was doing? If he was only slightly less high than you seem to be, he'd probably tell you he'd go to jail.

The fact of the matter here is that Richard Pratt has not commited one single, solitary CRIMINAL offence. Yes, he has undoubtedly been responsible for a company that has done the wrong thing and for this he has been answerable. He has paid his fine and has moved on. Carlton supporters, both past, present and future, no longer hold this against him. He has copped his wack and paid the price, much like you and I do every time we exceed the speed limit by a few kilometres and get caught on camera.

The only people dredging this up again and again are opposition supporters and media personalities that want to DAMAGE THE CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB. That is you, numnuts. You should honestly be banned from this forum for attempting to create controversy where there simply is none.

Go back to Richmond, champ. They'd love you there.

Following the price fixing scandal.

First off all i would just like to say to you all that i told u so. I know some off you would remember that i was about the only one earlier in the year to stand up and say that i had a bad feeling about this guy. I was told that i am a troll and that my user name is a good reflection of me for sayign so. But it seems that i am right.

I will admit that he has been a very good president for our club. But Pratt is now seen as a white collar criminal and u can't have the HEAD off your club perceived in this way without it affectign the club. I have been reading other threads about this today and there is no doubt that other supporters just want to sink the boot in. But you can't argue it has nothing to do with Carlton and if Carlton to do nothing it is saying that they are supportive of this type off behaviour. First Elliott and now this, we are seen as the Carlton criminals and this cannot continue.

Dick do the right thing and resign now. you are welcome back at the club any time and can continue to make dontations and give advice.

Hang your head in shame - you are speaking aout the guy who single handedly saved this club from the doldrums!!!! You are also forgetting that CEO and GM's are responsible for day to day operations of businesses and the particular piece of Visy is a small piece of a big puzzle.

The guy is a saint and I have nothing but respect and admiration for him!!! You my friend are a hypocrite for incinuating you're happy to take his money but not his participation....

How disappointing that Carlton fans would even think of this.
What's more disappointing is that people cannot seperate a football club's dealings from personal/business dealings. I can understand non-Carlton supporters because they would love to see us fall over again, but Carlton people. Disappointing and LONG LIVE the "Pratt Pack".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIggest price fixing scandal in Australian corporate history

The Oil companies are doing it on a much larger scale. And Amcor did it as well, but were given immunity. Microsoft did it. There are a huge number of large companies in Australia and around the world that have breached such rules. And of course there is always the argument between fair V unfair competitive advantage. It ain't clear-cut and is open to legal interpretation. It's just part of buisness in a competitive environment. I don't think you have any understanding of Individual V Company Law, or how the competitive market place works. You need to think about this a bit for yourself, rather than just bleat out anti-Carlton Footy media headlines, for a bit of cheap attention. That's your little challenge. Are you up to it? :)

posted by PArrott
The Oil companies are doing it on a much larger scale. And Amcor did it as well, but were given immunity. Microsoft did it. There are a huge number of large companies in Australia and around the world that have breached such rules. And of course there is always the argument between fair V unfair competitive advantage. It ain't clear-cut and is open to legal interpreation. It's just part of buisness in a competitive environment. I don't think you have any understanding of Individual V Company Law, or how the competitive market place works. You need to think about this a bit for yourself, rather than just bleat out anti-Carlton Footy media efforts. That's your little challenge. Are you up to it?

Who cares Parrott. There are probbaly other athletes out there who are doing drugs on a larger scale than Ben Cousins. Does that justify doing drugs? No matter whether other companies are doign it or not it doesn't make it right. 36 mil fine is evidence he has done somethign very wrong. Every person i spoke to about this that does not have a vested interest says that the only reason Pratt is not going to gaol is b/c Australian law is slow to catch up. I am ashamed of the Carlton fans on this thread all of who have defended Pratt except for one. I guess what those oppositions supporters say is true. You all really don't care what these guys do as long as they bring in the money. SHAME SHAME SHAME

How disappointing that Carlton fans would even think of this.
What's more disappointing is that people cannot seperate a football club's dealings from personal/business dealings. I can understand non-Carlton supporters because they would love to see us fall over again, but Carlton people. Disappointing and LONG LIVE the "Pratt Pack".

You are right Surrey ...

I am starting to think honestly that Nutcase isn't even a Carlton fan, why would he start such an illogical thread, after all the good Pratt has brought to the club ..

Why would someone write such a damaging statement if they loved the Carlton footy club ??

Who cares Parrott. There are probbaly other athletes out there who are doing drugs on a larger scale than Ben Cousins. Does that justify doing drugs? No matter whether other companies are doign it or not it doesn't make it right. 36 mil fine is evidence he has done somethign very wrong. Every person i spoke to about this that does not have a vested interest says that the only reason Pratt is not going to gaol is b/c Australian law is slow to catch up. I am ashamed of the Carlton fans on this thread all of who have defended Pratt except for one. I guess what those oppositions supporters say is true. You all really don't care what these guys do as long as they bring in the money. SHAME SHAME SHAME

Go to hell ...

Parrot is a far stronger and greater Carlton person and fan then you'll ever be ..
I bet any money you don't support Carlton, you are just 'trolling' our board again ...
Come on, admit who you follow, cause i am sure as #%@ you aren't a Carlton supporter.

posted by celtic proud
Go to hell ...

Parrot is a far stronger and greater Carlton person and fan then you'll ever be ..
I bet any money you don't support Carlton, you are just 'trolling' our board again ...
Come on, admit who you follow, cause i am sure as #%@ you aren't a Carlton supporter.

you go to hell. Just b/c i don't support a corporate crook as our president doesn't mean i don't love Carlton

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22690530-661,00.html

read the article carefully and try and understand. Let me guess some of your possible responses

1) the media is anti-Carlton
2) The ACCC just has a vendetta against Pratt
3) Pratt knew nothing about it :)

i argued against tossers like you back in the Elliott hey day and i was right. I am right about this as well

First off all i would just like to say to you all that i told u so. I know some off you would remember that i was about the only one earlier in the year to stand up and say that i had a bad feeling about this guy. I was told that i am a troll and that my user name is a good reflection of me for sayign so. But it seems that i am right.

I will admit that he has been a very good president for our club. But Pratt is now seen as a white collar criminal and u can't have the HEAD off your club perceived in this way without it affectign the club. I have been reading other threads about this today and there is no doubt that other supporters just want to sink the boot in. But you can't argue it has nothing to do with Carlton and if Carlton to do nothing it is saying that they are supportive of this type off behaviour. First Elliott and now this, we are seen as the Carlton criminals and this cannot continue.

Dick do the right thing and resign now. you are welcome back at the club any time and can continue to make dontations and give advice.

Denis, surely there was a clause in your contract stipulating that that Carlton Footbal Club would only pay you in excess of half a million dollars for sitting on your ass all day in 2008 on condition you didn't come out badmouthing the club or its inner workings...

You're treading on thin ice here, for that kidna money I'm sure the club will track your IP address and confirm that you are in fact Pagan -is it really worth it? :rolleyes:

WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED AT VISY MANY YEARS AGO!!!

We are Carlton! A completely different business. Do you really think Pratt did that all on his own? No. Nor will he ever EVER do something like that to Carlton. He has done wonders for this club since he has arrived and thank the lord or else we would still be in a hole.

If you cant be greatful for what he has done at CARLTON then you have something wrong with you. Pratt will NOT be gone from Carlton, everybody loves you (bar yourself). I would love for Pratt to stay in charge forever.

It seems as though you are the only person wanting Pratt to leave, what does that say to you? I can't see how you would want him to... he saved this club.

Who cares what the media think, who cares what opposistion supporters such as yourself think. We are Carlton, we look after our own which is what Pratt is doing.

As i said it is about perceptions. We are now knows as the Carlton criminals.

...and the perception that West Coast players are party animals who love their drugs and Collingwood players associate with murderers is really hurting their support base and big sponsorships...:rolleyes:

Maybe you want Collins or Smorgen back in charge so that they can sack Ratts and give your mate Pagan his job back and continue the AFL backed agenda of screwing our club into a position where we are forced to relocate...

And where has it been said anywhere that Pratt has been convicted of anything? All that has been said that VISY has been found guilty of price fixing and Pratt settled out of court.

So therefore going by your rules, The West Coast Eagles supporters who live in those decent homes with small kids arent going to convince their kids to support the weagles because of Ben Cousins?

And as for that comment... we got heavily penalised by the AFL for rorting the salary cap... do you think that we might have been called "The Carlton Criminals" because of that rather than this storm in a teacup over the price fixing.

You need to stop and think before coming out with dumb as **** comments like that nutcase

a couple of points [please indulge me Audus]:

is nutcase888 shlomoglickstein re-incaranate? {the newer members will not know shlomo}
what Pratt was part of is actually reprehensible ie price fixing. There is NOTHING anyone can say that would possibly defend him in this issue.
Quite frankly Pratt is lucky he is not facing criminal charges.
regarding him remaining as CFC pres - I have no issue with this. He has been publically humiliated, fined [even for him] fair whack, made an apology [of sorts], sacked the CEO of Visy that was directly involved; reckon this is fair punishment.
if anyone [nutcase888] thinks Pratts actions will ''infiltrate'' the CFC then that is just plain stupid. There is NO question that we have learn't our lesson following the Elliot years.

Finally - the price fixing was disgusting - punishment dished out. Is history essentially, we all move on and this will not affect the CFC, the AFL or us apart from the weak minded and those with agenda's.

So nutcase explain how the CFC under it's entity as a sporting club will be able to price fix??? The AFL is doing a good enough job on that already!!!

Pratt in his role as President gets $0.... and has given $$$$$$$ how about ignore what he does away from the CFC and look at his role within CFC. The guy has done an outstanding job in his role at CFC and unless he does something that personally hurts the club his private issues relating to another business must be ignored unless he personally has been found guilty, which he has not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pratt must resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back