Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Matthew Green from Barkly NT on the training track today?

Are you able to confirm whether he’s an NGA player? Because I know he didn’t receive permission to train at Collingwood as an AFL Academy scholarship holder.

From a selfish POV I would be excited if he were eligible, but either way I think it’s fantastic that the NT system is on track to have a few players make it on to senior lists in the 2018 draft. It’s a real validation of the work being done by AFLNT!

Are you able to confirm whether he’s an NGA player? Because I know he didn’t receive permission to train at Collingwood as an AFL Academy scholarship holder.

From a selfish POV I would be excited if he were eligible, but either way I think it’s fantastic that the NT system is on track to have a few players make it on to senior lists in the 2018 draft. It’s a real validation of the work being done by AFLNT!
Not NGA but I think you’ll find he did train at Collingwood as his AFL Academy placement. Long way out but good to have a few NT guys in the mix early.

Which one? Maybe the one due out tomorrow.
There's a player you can see in the preview of Ep5 of this enjoyable series who does somewhat resemble Matthew Green, but it also looks a lot like Nathan Murphy, and I suspect it may be the latter!! They're about the same height, both rather skinny, and have hair that's pretty similar as well! I suspect it's probably the player we actually have on our list, but will tune in to see the full version!

There's a player you can see in the preview of Ep5 of this enjoyable series who does somewhat resemble Matthew Green, but it also looks a lot like Nathan Murphy, and I suspect it may be the latter!! They're about the same height, both rather skinny, and have hair that's pretty similar as well! I suspect it's probably the player we actually have on our list, but will tune in to see the full version!

Having got confused about this on Friday, I think Green is in Ep 5. Not to keep labouring the point, but he’s a lot skinnier than Murphy, and younger looking.

See the new faces + make some new Magpie friends - http://magpi.es/2j03X7D Head to our open training session on Wednesday to watch our 2018 playing list up close #FOREVER

DQ6EzBUWkAEqtHN.jpg

Calf issues 'the least of my worries': Wells

INJURY-PRONE Collingwood midfielder Daniel Wells is relatively confident his troublesome calves will not cause him more major problems, declaring them "the least of my worries".

Wells played just 10 games in his first season since crossing over from North Melbourne.

The 32-year-old twice had stints out of the senior side with injuries to both calves, while a thigh injury prematurely ended his year.

Wells told collingwoodfc.com.au he hadn't had recent concerns but acknowledged it was tough to predict when he would be struck down.

"The times it (calves) went, I felt great and you're sort of a bit scared when you come back into training and then play games. You're just not quite sure," Wells said.

"This year, it's been pretty steady. There's still the unknown. You can put in as much work as possible but sometimes you can get caught at a wrong angle and it can go.

"But, I haven't felt it at all. I've felt pretty strong and it's the least of my worries at the moment."

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said last February Wells' three-year, $1.8 million deal would be a "massive success" if the silky onballer lined up in 15-16 games per season.

The former Roo has played 253 career games since he was drafted with the second overall selection in 2002.

Wells has managed fewer than 20 matches in eight of his 15 seasons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-17/calf-issues-the-least-of-my-worries-wells

Calf issues 'the least of my worries': Wells

INJURY-PRONE Collingwood midfielder Daniel Wells is relatively confident his troublesome calves will not cause him more major problems, declaring them "the least of my worries".

Wells played just 10 games in his first season since crossing over from North Melbourne.

The 32-year-old twice had stints out of the senior side with injuries to both calves, while a thigh injury prematurely ended his year.

Wells told collingwoodfc.com.au he hadn't had recent concerns but acknowledged it was tough to predict when he would be struck down.

"The times it (calves) went, I felt great and you're sort of a bit scared when you come back into training and then play games. You're just not quite sure," Wells said.

"This year, it's been pretty steady. There's still the unknown. You can put in as much work as possible but sometimes you can get caught at a wrong angle and it can go.

"But, I haven't felt it at all. I've felt pretty strong and it's the least of my worries at the moment."

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said last February Wells' three-year, $1.8 million deal would be a "massive success" if the silky onballer lined up in 15-16 games per season.

The former Roo has played 253 career games since he was drafted with the second overall selection in 2002.

Wells has managed fewer than 20 matches in eight of his 15 seasons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-17/calf-issues-the-least-of-my-worries-wells
Won 8 of the ten he played, we need him healthy and showing the next gen how it’s done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Data (Glenn Luff) just gave a huge compliment to Stephenson, said he has excellent leg speed and will take huge amounts of territory in games.
He said he was considered to be a KPF as a youngster and is deceptively tall

Was that on SEN?

When I watched him in the 2015 Tac GF I thought he was a KPF. Though he is around 190cm's and Players about the Height have Played Tall.

I do like he can gain Big Territory instead of us Kicking Backwards and Sideways

Was that on SEN?

When I watched him in the 2015 Tac GF I thought he was a KPF. Though he is around 190cm's and Players about the Height have Played Tall.

I do like he can gain Big Territory instead of us Kicking Backwards and Sideways

Remember the days when 190cm was a key position player? Like - Chris Grant. Kouta was really the first, wasn't he? Now half the midfielders are that size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back