Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Live blog for the game tomorrow
Shame the match isn’t being broadcasted on our club website for members, will just get a 30sec highlight package with some music at the end of the day 🤦‍♂️

• Seems to be a 1s and 2s situation, no Kelly, Cogs or Greene
  • Preuss listed as the sole ruck in the 1s
  • Cadman 1s
  • XO 1s, could be a replacement for Cogs or Kelly
  • Riccardi 1s
  • Lloyd 1s
  • Leek 1s
  • Hamilton 1s
  • Phil 2s
  • Rowston 2s
  • Buckley and Hogan not listed anywhere, could be an error?
1s lineup

Cumming Taylor Haynes
Ash Leek Whitfield
Wehr Green XO
Stone Cadman Kennedy
Peatling HH Lloyd
Preuss Perryman Finn

Idun Hamilton Riccardi Ward

Last edited:
Of course. Just our captain and two vice captains all out injured.
Same old.
Yes, concerned that this is happening before the season has even started. However, the club says that they will all be playing in our one and only pre-season game, so it would seem they are not worried.

Hogan is also not playing in the intra-club, but presumably they are giving him a break?

Yes, concerned that this is happening before the season has even started. However, the club says that they will all be playing in our one and only pre-season game, so it would seem they are not worried.

Hogan is also not playing in the intra-club, but presumably they are giving him a break?
Buckley as well wasn't listed

Cogs said Finn was best on in the first quarter, kicked 2 so far as well. Bedford said Finn, Green, Wehr and Preuss the standout so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finn and Green looking pretty good together out there. Pruess a level above Flynn. Ricardi chopping out in the ruck. Actually liked what Gilbee was doing on the Orange team. But Finn just has superior skill, speed and decision making. He is definitely standing out. Mind you, this all against a VFL side....

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks! Keep the updates coming! Better than what the club provides..

All finished up. Rowston was great for the orange team in the first half was also handy for the charcoal team in the second. He replaced Finn..... don't really want to speculate too much be seemed he injured his foot. He was looking very upset, hopefully nothing major.

Pez was hard at it all day and classy. Ward was great in the forward line and ran through the middle in the last quarter. Kennedy looked lively upfront, think he had a few goals.

Cadman was quiet, but looked like he matched up on Davis and Keefe most of the time.

Pruess was off at 3Q, and Flynn switched to the charcoal team.

Hamilton and Wehr as wings for most of the match got involved a fair bit. Think Wehr got on the scoreboard a few times.

Ash looked dangerous all day, really fast, and taking the game on. Made a few errors though hopefully he gets them out of the way in the pre season. Got pinged at least twice for running too far with the ball.

Himmelburg did Himmelburg things in the forward line. He's ready to go!

Defence for charcoal looked pretty tight, but they hardly saw the ball as the team was far too strong.

Tom Green dominant all day. It looked like he copped a shoulder in the final 5 minutes. Nothing serious, I think.

That's about what I noticed. Hit me up if there's anything specific you need to know...?

All finished up. Rowston was great for the orange team in the first half was also handy for the charcoal team in the second. He replaced Finn..... don't really want to speculate too much be seemed he injured his foot. He was looking very upset, hopefully nothing major.

Pez was hard at it all day and classy. Ward was great in the forward line and ran through the middle in the last quarter. Kennedy looked lively upfront, think he had a few goals.

Cadman was quiet, but looked like he matched up on Davis and Keefe most of the time.

Hamilton and Wehr as wings for most of the match got involved a fair bit. Think Wehr got on the scoreboard a few times.

Ash looked dangerous all day, really fast, and taking the game on. Made a few errors though hopefully he gets them out of the way in the pre season. Got pinged at least twice for running too far with the ball.

Defence for charcoal looked pretty tight, but they hardly saw the ball as the team was far too strong.

Tom Green dominant all day. It looked like he copped a shoulder in the final 5 minutes. Nothing serious, I think.

That's about what I noticed. Hit me up if there's anything specific you need to know...?

Finn foot injury doesn't sound good at all...

Dare i say it… any other injuries?

Really hope it's just a precautionary thing and they took him out just to be careful
Wishful thinking...I like it.
I'm excited that Rowston got a run for the Charcoal. He is a tough customer and might get a game sooner than expected.

Wehr and Hamilton running the wings sounds interesting. I'm excited to see how we go against the Suns next weekend.

Should give us a better idea of structures.

Thanks Ppollen
Do you have any comment on the playing style?
Lot's of playing on, tackle pressure, or the like?

He replaced Finn..... don't really want to speculate too much be seemed he injured his foot.

No surprise the guy is a wasted pick why we pickled him in the first place I will never know. He was coming off injury when we picked him his body is not up to it no matter his talent.

I hope we have not extended him he can become someone else's problem.

Thanks Ppollen
Do you have any comment on the playing style?
Lot's of playing on, tackle pressure, or the like?
There was definitely lots of playing on and quick forward handballs. Lots of running support for the ball handler. Tonnes of pressure on the ball in the forward half. It will be interesting to see how it holds up against an AFL side.
The charcoal tsunami was in full flight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back