Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby was on SEN for a little bit this afternoon and said that the game style is going to look completely different to previous years, less basis on stoppages and more speed involved, said pre-season has been brand new style as well. Really keen to see how we look on the field.

Here's our current injuries:

View attachment 1608277
Only slight worry is I believe Gruzewski's knee issue was the same knee that caused him to miss time in his draft year, hopefully in an AFL program they can get some more extensive rehab to limit this type of thing in the future especially for a guy that's main selling point is his leaping.

Toby was on SEN for a little bit this afternoon and said that the game style is going to look completely different to previous years, less basis on stoppages and more speed involved, said pre-season has been brand new style as well. Really keen to see how we look on the field.
That's really interesting and a positive going into the season. I think losing Taranto and Hopper isn't such a loss, maybe even a positive to really concentrate on this game style in 2023. Expect Kelly and Finn Callaghan to have big seasons.

That's really interesting and a positive going into the season. I think losing Taranto and Hopper isn't such a loss, maybe even a positive to really concentrate on this game style in 2023. Expect Kelly and Finn Callaghan to have big seasons.
I would have liked to keep taranto for another 2 years, but they are gone.

I think this is pretty good for this time of year.
We are due for a good year with injuries, gives me hope for this year after all.
It's extremely good, Toby can play the first 5 rounds too *touch wood.
It's been exciting hearing how the group has changed their mindset around training differently and a new game plan.
Could be a little sloppy for the first half of the year as they learn to implement it and play their roles but our backline can be pretty effective so that's a strong base.

A little bit of competition for spots is also awesome. I think continuing to load up on talls in the draft is a good idea.

There's been real balance issues in this side for quite a few years and losing two inside mids really does help to relieve those issues while we still have the talent to cover for it
Yep. It hurt to lose two quality players (and individuals) as TT & Hopper were, but the outcome should be a better balanced side.

The unfathomable aspect is that sports writers were calling out the imbalance, but with those 2 gone, they still think the team will perform much worse than last year.

How poor was the clubs write up of the match today!? So vague

I look at what other clubs are putting up and we suck by comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callaghan hype continues! Maybe Wehr is the wing we're looking for?
Yes, that was an interesting comment. We've talked about various options, and while I've always thought about Wehr and where he might play, I haven't had him in my best 22. You'd think that if he did get there, he pushes out someone such as Cal Ward, or Adam Kennedy.

Preuss listed at 207cm/118kg on the AFL Record Book

Huge man

Idunbulivit. He looks noticeably slimmer comapred to his North days unless he has been piling on the kilos in the last few months.

Anyway, hopefully he can finally get a good run at it. I think he definitely has a lot of talent but has been stuck behind Goldstein, then Gawn, then his spate of injuries/suspensions for you guys.

Idunbulivit. He looks noticeably slimmer comapred to his North days unless he has been piling on the kilos in the last few months.

Anyway, hopefully he can finally get a good run at it. I think he definitely has a lot of talent but has been stuck behind Goldstein, then Gawn, then his spate of injuries/suspensions for you guys.
An Ozil appreciator is an opinion I respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back