Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise the guy is a wasted pick why we pickled him in the first place I will never know. He was coming off injury when we picked him his body is not up to it no matter his talent.

I hope we have not extended him he can become someone else's problem.
That's genuinely insane to not want to re-sign him, he was a top 3 pick and by all reports has been one of our best performers this preseason, sure the injuries are frustrating (we don't even know how bad this one is, could be nothing) but it would so stupid to give up on him. We have a bad enough time trying to maintain our talent imagine we just gave up on a super talented top 3 pick 2 years into his career because he struggled with injury.

Last edited:
I will wait until confirmation re any injury for Callaghan and hopefully it is only minor but with the history of the club in dealing with any kind of injury be it soft tissue, collision or rehab the club will need to seriously look at a different allocation of resources into medical and also strength and conditioning because this has been going on for too long and no sign of any improvements
I would like to be proven wrong and we will see in 6-8 weeks how the club is tracking but with the rate Giants players are going down it could end up Eagles of 22 season

Will be interesting to see the game report as it doesn't seem like much of a competitive hit out but hopefully some combos worked out. What will be interesting is Ash, Whitfield and Cumming from half back so hopefully we get to see them next weekend

Looking at some of the other photos of the fan stuff after the game and it looks like Finn is in the background of one of them signing and taking photos with all of the other boys, hopefully that means he's walking around on it all good and it's not an issue, not able to see if he's wearing any sort of boot

Wehr, Idun, Green and Peatling were the 4 players that Adam Kingsley specifically praised after the inter-club today.

That's genuinely insane

No what's insane is believing a club who has a history of not handling injuries correctly can get this guy fit. What's insane is getting excited that he is tearing it up on the training track.

His body is not up to playing contact sport that was proven in under age comps now being proven in the afl.

Top 3 pick means nothing if he can't contribute and so far he has delivered a duck egg for us. Time to cut our losses he is a bust.

• No word of any injuries
  • Whitfield 34 touches
  • "Also amongst the possessions was Callan Ward, who picked up 29 touches while playing a new role as a forward, while Perryman had 27, Nick Haynes was back to his best in the backline with 27 also while young draftee Harry Rowston had 26 playing through the middle."
  • Still nothing about Buckley yet, could be personal reasons?
  • Green getting 50 is insane but considering the competition it's probably a bit of a buffet for the talented more senior guys
  • Strong from Idun as well
  • Think Wehr is going to be best 22 at this point, not something I would've expected a few weeks ago but he seems to be stringing together some really good match sim performances

Looking at some of the other photos of the fan stuff after the game and it looks like Finn is in the background of one of them signing and taking photos with all of the other boys, hopefully that means he's walking around on it all good and it's not an issue, not able to see if he's wearing any sort of boot
Can confirm he was walking around once he was taken out of the game. Probably nothing too major.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where are these photos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear Cal did well …. He’s still necessary and him playing into next year to crack 300 is a massive plus for gws as a club
Wonder what sort of forward role he was playing today, got heaps of it yet didn't get kick a goal might be playing as a connecting half forward type that pushes up to stoppages

No what's insane is believing a club who has a history of not handling injuries correctly can get this guy fit. What's insane is getting excited that he is tearing it up on the training track.

His body is not up to playing contact sport that was proven in under age comps now being proven in the afl.

Top 3 pick means nothing if he can't contribute and so far he has delivered a duck egg for us. Time to cut our losses he is a bust.
He is not even injured.
Huge over reaction.

No surprise the guy is a wasted pick why we pickled him in the first place I will never know. He was coming off injury when we picked him his body is not up to it no matter his talent.

I hope we have not extended him he can become someone else's problem.
This post is going to make you look like a fool. Finn is going to be a gun! Just wait. Sign him up

I wasn’t talking about Finn
Agree.
Finn was the obvious choice at 2 (which became 3), regardless of how his career turns out (which is hard to predict) to suggest that the club was wrong to pick him and he is already a bust is the craziest take I'm seen.

Agree.
Finn was the obvious choice at 2 (which became 3), regardless of how his career turns out (which is hard to predict) to suggest that the club was wrong to pick him and he is already a bust is the craziest take I'm seen.
The only counter argument is that we could/ should have taken the over the top offers for the pick, like Adelaide's offer for pick 1 that year (and better positional needs like Rachele as a small forward).
Time will tell, barring injury he does look like what we need, a really really good player ( like a Petracca, Oliver, Walsh, Bontompelli).

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back