Training Pre-Season 2025 - (Pre-pre-season?) - Road to Flagmantle

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you could see how good Meek was going to be the year before he left us. A lot of us here knew it. Sure he wasn’t as good but it’s the difference between playing cameos from the twos compared to playing consistently in the AFL

You said it here. He wasn’t as good - that’s pretty close to end of the discussion at the time considering Meek is older than Darcy is.

Everyone on here knew Meek was an AFL standard ruck. I don’t think anyone has said otherwise. That’s why he left.

Only reason Meek might’ve gone past Darcy is injuries. Considering Darcy played 20+ games in 2021 and 2022 and 15/17 in 2020, the injuries are nothing but hindsight.

A fit Bubba Darcy plays, Fremantle wins. I can see why people fond of Fremantle winning would get upset about Bubba being unfit and/or not playing.

He will come good though.

He’s got a lifetime of rattling like a pill bottle ahead of him, but for our brutish and desperate needs, he will come good.

**** the begrudgers.

You said it here. He wasn’t as good - that’s pretty close to end of the discussion at the time considering Meek is older than Darcy is.

Everyone on here knew Meek was an AFL standard ruck. I don’t think anyone has said otherwise. That’s why he left.

Only reason Meek might’ve gone past Darcy is injuries. Considering Darcy played 20+ games in 2021 and 2022 and 15/17 in 2020, the injuries are nothing but hindsight.
Nope I said it at the start of 2022 and clearly wasn’t alone. Yes, I was Sweetback, if that wasn’t already obvious:

IMG_5444.jpeg

Nope I said it at the start of 2022 and clearly wasn’t alone. Yes, I was Sweetback, if that wasn’t already obvious:

View attachment 2149150

Darcy missed three games total across the two previous seasons before this one and the justification was he was injury prone…

Darcy missed three games total across the two previous seasons before this one and the justification was he was injury prone…
He played 15 games last year? 12 this year. We missed out on finals by half a game this year. Maybe we wouldn’t if Darcy had played more. If Jackson didn’t have to ruck so much. Treacy was injured at the end of the Essendon game. Darcy a late out at the start of the next game against the Cats. Jackson had to ruck. We lost our last three games without Darcy and Treacy.

I like Sean when he’s not injured. Jackson can’t compete against the big bodied rucks but Darcy can. He’s also a good lead up forward. But IMO I don’t think he’s serious enough about what he has to do to get his body right.

He played 15 games last year? 12 this year. We missed out on finals by half a game this year. Maybe we wouldn’t if Darcy had played more. If Jackson didn’t have to ruck so much. Treacy was injured at the end of the Essendon game. Darcy a late out at the start of the next game against the Cats. Jackson had to ruck. We lost our last three games without Darcy and Treacy.

I like Sean when he’s not injured. Jackson can’t compete against the big bodied rucks but Darcy can. He’s also a good lead up forward. But IMO I don’t think he’s serious enough about what he has to do to get his body right.

Before 2022, which is when that post was made.

I’m saying you’re talking with hindsight and/or weren’t talking sense at that time not that you’re necessarily wrong.

Why is he back at training early then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2025 - (Pre-pre-season?) - Road to Flagmantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back