Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or give us Tivendale and we'll call it square:thumbsu: Courtney Johns, Kepler Bradley and 2nd round pick for Cam Mooney and Steve Johnson

No way would we give up Watson for Tivendale. I suspect Watsons a good deal younger, and we don't have too many extractors. If Watson can get his decision making right, he'll be a top player.

And the deal you proposed is ridiculous. Think about clubs needs before proposing another one.

Tivendale for Watson very unfair. A fairer trade would be Coughlan for Watson.

Coughlans worth after two knee reco's would not be as high as you would think.

No one is untouchable these days, if the Tomahawk and N. Ablett start showing consistant form this year maybe its time for the cats to jettison some of their older brigade eg. Mooney, Cameron Ling and Steven King (while they can get a decent draft pick for him):thumbsu:

mooney still adds some intagibles to the team but i think you find most cat supporters would tell you is not maybe but definately time to "jettison" both king and ling.

In all seriousness: What would Brisbane want for Beau McDonald?

While I have great faith in Trevor Woodhouse, I dont think I am the only Eagles fan a little nervous about Spaanderman as our primary backup ruckman. We're in a premiership window, and if the worst came to fruit, both Seaby and Cox going down in the finals with injury, I'd like a backup ruckman who's been there, done that. Beau fits the bill beautifully.

You have Charman, Wood, Leuenberger and Mitchell Clark?

Would u take draft picks to help out trying to get Riewoldt to Brisbane?

would west coast consider trading hunter if the price was right??
I suspect not tbh. He's abit of a favourite son around the WCE. The Eagles stood by him when he took a few years to become an AFL quality footballer regularly, and nowadays it seems he is intent on paying the Eagles back for that faith.

Got to meet him a few times some time back thru my mum, he does a regular clinic at the school where she teaches (lower class area school, gets looked after). He initially comes across as a bit of an arrogant ********, but once he knows you, seems to be a really decent bloke.

I think you'd have more chance of getting hands on Jaymie Graham. Who, IMO, is going to be a very good player.
Agree. Jaymie just doesnt seem to quite fit in anywhere atm. Deserves a regular game, will be an excellent player, takes a great contested mark.

I wouldn't mind perhaps being involved in a 3 way trade with a Victorian club, that resulted in Meesen going to Victoria and us getting Jaymie Graham. From what I've seen, looks like he could hold down CHB, which is a position we don't really have covered.

How about Meesen to Geelong, Graham to Adelaide and Joel Corey to West Coast?

Seems equitable to me?

ETA: Is Meesen the kind who would head west? Or is he a home boy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems equitable to me?

ETA: Is Meesen the kind who would head west? Or is he a home boy?

Graham is a good player but he really doesn't fit in to our structure. Great long kick for big man and a good disposal in general. Good spoiler and has proben himself as a pinch-hitting forward. If he can work on his endurance and his speed he will be a great player. As for Joel Corey, would we want him? would he get a game in our midfield?

Seems equitable to me?

So trading a 130 game on baller who won a club B&F two years ago for a project ruckman who is yet to play a game seems equitable to everyone does it???

You must be kidding. If we were to throw Joel on the table as trade bait we'd want a first rounder and then some. Do the same with Meeson and at best you'd get an earlt third rounder. Heck, Spider was traded for a second rounder (I know he's only got a few years left) and he's a 2 time B&F and 3 time All Australian. Meeson seems to have his worth very much over-rated on this board, nothing against the young man personally (unless he's posting in disguise!!!).

As for Joel Corey, would we want him? would he get a game in our midfield?
Was thinking purely as cover. I suspect Fletch may be used as trade bait this year, should Fletch go, Corey would take his place. You could change Joel Corey for a draft pick upgrade for WC instead should Fletch stay.

Rosso, its a meeting of corresponding desires. You guys need a decent up and coming ruckman. Graham would be handy for Adelaide, with the capacity to fill almost any of the key positions and WC is always on the lookout for a reasonable draft pick upgrade cus of their "best possible" draft policy.

Tivendale for Watson very unfair. A fairer trade would be Coughlan for Watson.

Coughlans worth after two knee reco's would not be as high as you would think.
I would be happy for the bombers to give up Watson and Henry Slattery for Coughlan and a 3rd round draft pick. Coughlan could still be a star if he has a successfull recovery (Luke Darcy had 2 knee reco's), while Watson and Slattery are promising but dont have the upside of Coughlan:)

I would be happy for the bombers to give up Watson and Henry Slattery for Coughlan and a 3rd round draft pick. Coughlan could still be a star if he has a successfull recovery (Luke Darcy had 2 knee reco's), while Watson and Slattery are promising but dont have the upside of Coughlan:)

No Way...cancel that deal..:thumbsdown:

I think Geelong would put a few names up. I reckon Kelly, Tenace, Byrnes, Callan will all be up for a decent offer.

I suspect a few clubs will chase after ruckmen and Adelaide may be offering up Meeson while North could offer David Hale up. Still I think ruckmen will demand a premium in any trade.

I would like to see Tenace find a home at a bottom 4 team. I think with some regular game time he will become a good player but he isn't going to get that at Geelong.

I think ideally some of the following trades occur:
J.Kelly for Meeson (If he progresses again this season)
Courtney Johns to Adelaide
David Hale to Collingwood
Beau Mcdonald to Bulldogs

Sheeds would love to get Tenace but i reckon the Cats will want too much so it wont happen. Courtney Johns aint going anywhere..When Lloydy was out last year he was very good for us..

The bombers really need a hard nosed player like Mooney in their side he can play forward and back as well as ruck, Courtney Johns has no substance and very little style. Johnson there to get out of his rut at geelong:thumbsu:

Courtney Johns is a very promising KPP, people knock him but he will prove alot of doubters wrong..As i said before look what he did last year in his first full year of footy..In terms of substance...Have you seen the boy he is built like a tank..he HAS substance in all aspects of the game..Thankyou very much..

Would the WCE be interested in Andrew Krakouer and if so what would we have to do to get Jaymie Graham in a trade.

Hmmm, quite the tickler. If he shows his obvious talent this year then maybe but otherwise no. For Graham, perhaps coughlan and a pick upgrade. Coughlan's value is at an all time low with his injury problems. What do you want for Tambling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back