Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a richmond supporter there a few things i would LOVE to see:

- Trade pick 2 for a quick consistent player such as shannon byrnes
- Pick up a unit, team player like Daniel Chick with number 1 pick in the PSD
- Trade for a good fullback with pick 18 or 19 such as Merret, alternatively lure Gaspar out of retirement.
- Also overheard Wallace at 'Cafe Smidgeon' talking about offloading a third round pick and tambling for the duo of lonergan and playfair from geelong, two key forwards who havent been given a chance but would really thrive at richmond.

Is that you Gerard Neesham?

I didn't know you were a Tigers man these days.

As a richmond supporter there a few things i would LOVE to see:

- Trade pick 2 for a quick consistent player such as shannon byrnes
- Pick up a unit, team player like Daniel Chick with number 1 pick in the PSD
- Trade for a good fullback with pick 18 or 19 such as Merret, alternatively lure Gaspar out of retirement.
- Also overheard Wallace at 'Cafe Smidgeon' talking about offloading a third round pick and tambling for the duo of lonergan and playfair from geelong, two key forwards who havent been given a chance but would really thrive at richmond.
Dear god I hope you are joking

Collingwood Supporters

What would you want for Chris Egan.

and keep it realistic !
We wouldn't look at less than pick 20. I'm not saying he's worth it at the moment, but much like the Coughlan thread on this forum, he's worth more to us in upside than we're likely to get in trade.

You have him all wrong.

Farren can win his own ball. Farren picks up his opponent. Farren is not skinny, he has skinny legs, but is very strong across the shoulders.

Pigdog, I too am a Bulldogs supporter so don't get me wrong when I have to agree with a few of the other postings. Farren was taken at number 4 and by comparison to other years he has not 'yet' lived up to his draft pick. I think he'll be another one of these bulldog players who can't put the weight on, ie. Murphy, Eagleton, Power, Faulkner, McMahon, Hargrave, Skipper, Wight. Sure enough I know you need those quick running types although a top four pick for a wingman is not warranted. Daniel Wells perhaps is an exception although even he is in the middle from time to time. If you look at our list for next year I don't think we need him and he would be good trade value, perhaps back to WA or in a 3-way trade somehow. You need about 14 smaller type players (max) in your 22 and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Farren falls behind most of: Johnson, West, Cross, Cooney, Griffen, Boyd, Higgins, Giansiracusa, Akermanis, Murphy, Hahn, Gilbee, McMahon, Eagleton and perhaps even Harbrow. At the end of the day you need to give to get! The likes of Ray, Power, Faulkner, Addison, McMahon and McCormack I believe could all be offloaded although if you were an opposition club who would you chase? Our tall department is coming along a little better now, with the likes of Grant, Harris, Williams, Everitt, Wight, and McDougall (perhaps) with Morris and Hargrave able to play on talls. We still have the likes of Street, Minson, Walsh, Baird and Skipper who won't come on so I think there needs to be a fair clean out. I know as a bulldogs supporter you wouldn't want the majority of these guys to go and I know we have a few who are ageing although if we want a flag crack then we need to do what Sydney has done and get the blokes who can come straight in and make an impact. Ruck and full-forward are our primary concerns and if we had the luxury of aquiring the likes of Fevola and Jolly we would be right up there. Likely, probably not, although Eade knows that he has something special and would want to capitalise on it. Your thoughts?

If everyone else likes I can have a go at their team also so as not to be so biased.

Pigdog, I too am a Bulldogs supporter so don't get me wrong when I have to agree with a few of the other postings. Farren was taken at number 4 and by comparison to other years he has not 'yet' lived up to his draft pick. I think he'll be another one of these bulldog players who can't put the weight on, ie. Murphy, Eagleton, Power, Faulkner, McMahon, Hargrave, Skipper, Wight. Sure enough I know you need those quick running types although a top four pick for a wingman is not warranted. Daniel Wells perhaps is an exception although even he is in the middle from time to time. If you look at our list for next year I don't think we need him and he would be good trade value, perhaps back to WA or in a 3-way trade somehow. You need about 14 smaller type players (max) in your 22 and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Farren falls behind most of: Johnson, West, Cross, Cooney, Griffen, Boyd, Higgins, Giansiracusa, Akermanis, Murphy, Hahn, Gilbee, McMahon, Eagleton and perhaps even Harbrow. At the end of the day you need to give to get! The likes of Ray, Power, Faulkner, Addison, McMahon and McCormack I believe could all be offloaded although if you were an opposition club who would you chase?

Where do I start, maybe by asking you to use paragraphs, shit that was hard to read.

Ray will be a late developer, he was a late starter to football (played soccer up until his mid teens). His best football will not be for probably 2 more years, his 2nd 100 games will be much better than his first 100 games.

I dont really want to pick apart your entire post, some of it makes sense, but:

* Farren has far greater scope for improvement than many on your list of 14 smalls.

* Farren chases and harrasses unlike many on your list.

* Yes we need talls, but we also need a midfield that is accountable. Farren can play accountable football, many on your list can't.

* Farren is fit and can run all day, many on your list can't.

I want to keep Farren and would trade/ delist/ retire as many as 6 or 7 of your list 14 before even contemplating trading Farren.

At the end of the day you need to give to get! The likes of Ray, Power, Faulkner, Addison, McMahon and McCormack I believe could all be offloaded although if you were an opposition club who would you chase?

You talk about saying Ray isn't even good enough to make our best 22 then you say you want to trade for Fevola or Jolly who are both very good players. Your bolded section makes no sense if that is the case.

Where do I start, maybe by asking you to use paragraphs, shit that was hard to read.

Ray will be a late developer, he was a late starter to football (played soccer up until his mid teens). His best football will not be for probably 2 more years, his 2nd 100 games will be much better than his first 100 games.

I dont really want to pick apart your entire post, some of it makes sense, but:

* Farren has far greater scope for improvement than many on your list of 14 smalls.

* Farren chases and harrasses unlike many on your list.

* Yes we need talls, but we also need a midfield that is accountable. Farren can play accountable football, many on your list can't.

* Farren is fit and can run all day, many on your list can't.

I want to keep Farren and would trade/ delist/ retire as many as 6 or 7 of your list 14 before even contemplating trading Farren.

You talk about saying Ray isn't even good enough to make our best 22 then you say you want to trade for Fevola or Jolly who are both very good players. Your bolded section makes no sense if that is the case.

Apologies for the long winded piece pigdog. Just trying to get accross my point in full.
Of the 14 I've listed there are untouchables and you know that. Perhaps the last few may fight for a spot with Ray.
The reason I selected him was because he is not in our best 15 guaranteed, and is probably the only one along with McMahon with trade appeal. I never said he wasn't any good I am arguing that we have an abundance of midfield players ahead of him.
Everyone is worth a lot more on the market and the fact he was number 4 pick would be enticing to some clubs who desire a good midfielder.
We wouldn't get Fevola for Ray anyway but perhaps a draft pick which could be used for someone of quality.
I hope that clarifies where I rate him?
There's been a lot of talk of Essendon trading Hille on this forum and I think that would be an okay fit for us. Perhaps you already answered this previously but your thoughts (again)?

Apologies for the long winded piece pigdog. Just trying to get accross my point in full.
Of the 14 I've listed there are untouchables and you know that. Perhaps the last few may fight for a spot with Ray.
The reason I selected him was because he is not in our best 15 guaranteed, and is probably the only one along with McMahon with trade appeal. I never said he wasn't any good I am arguing that we have an abundance of midfield players ahead of him.
Everyone is worth a lot more on the market and the fact he was number 4 pick would be enticing to some clubs who desire a good midfielder.
We wouldn't get Fevola for Ray anyway but perhaps a draft pick which could be used for someone of quality.
I hope that clarifies where I rate him?
There's been a lot of talk of Essendon trading Hille on this forum and I think that would be an okay fit for us. Perhaps you already answered this previously but your thoughts (again)?

You know doubt would have heard that we've delisted 4 (listed) players and obviously the retirements of Darcy and Robbins makes way for 6 places as Harbrow will remain on the list in place of Montgomery. Who in your opinion of the remaining players would be up for trade?

It is well documented now that we need a full-forward (seriously looking at Fevola) and a ruckman. I just hope that we don't go for any more second-string players if we miss the guns!

What do you think you could/would give us for Hille.

Remembering the type of player we NEED is not a Ray, McMahon "type"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think you could/would give us for Hille.

Remembering the type of player we NEED is not a Ray, McMahon "type"

I agree with you that those two would not fit in at Essendon. It was mentioned previously that you have the likes of Dyson, Monfries, Houli, Dempsey, Lovett, Jetta, Davey, Winderlich, etc... although the only inside ball getter is Watson with the Johnsons seemingly finished. The others are all young flankers and can't see them slotting into the midfield for years to come and competing with the class acts of the AFL.

In terms of a trade for Hille I think that the likes of Daniel Giansiracusa would be reasonable. He is a very good midfield player who attracts plenty of the ball and has great delivery but is forced out of the centre on most occassions because of West, Cross, Cooney and now Boyd.

Sure I wouldn't want to lose him either but again we have many midfielders and need a quality ruck. Every supporter will always rate their players so much higher than an opposition player that's just the nature of supporters, although if you look at what those two guys bring for their team week in week out then I believe it's fair and reasonable.

I guess though there will be plenty of comments on this.

I look forward to the response!

Overheard Wallace talking into his cellular phone this morning walking Brunwsick Street, sounded like he was talking to Richmond's recruiting manager, heard a few snippets:
- will be chasing robert shirley for tambling + a second round pick
- trade kelvin moore for pick 3 from carlton so we can get some young talent
- pick up danny meyer in the PSD

Overheard Wallace talking into his cellular phone this morning walking Brunwsick Street, sounded like he was talking to Richmond's recruiting manager, heard a few snippets:
- will be chasing robert shirley for tambling + a second round pick
- trade kelvin moore for pick 3 from carlton so we can get some young talent
- pick up danny meyer in the PSD

tambling is worth more than shirley
somehow i don't think kelvin moore will be enough to snare the number 3 pick
meyer is a hack so who cares

You know doubt would have heard that we've delisted 4 (listed) players and obviously the retirements of Darcy and Robbins makes way for 6 places as Harbrow will remain on the list in place of Montgomery. Who in your opinion of the remaining players would be up for trade?

It is well documented now that we need a full-forward (seriously looking at Fevola) and a ruckman. I just hope that we don't go for any more second-string players if we miss the guns!

The easier question is who isn't? The only players under 25 who I would't put up for trade are Cooney, Griffen, Gilbee, Harris, Ray, Murphy and Williams. I would also not trade any player drafted from the last 2 years (Higgins, Everitt, etc..). The older players wouldn't have too much value. From the rest it's open slather, but only at the right price.

I agree with you that those two would not fit in at Essendon. It was mentioned previously that you have the likes of Dyson, Monfries, Houli, Dempsey, Lovett, Jetta, Davey, Winderlich, etc... although the only inside ball getter is Watson with the Johnsons seemingly finished. The others are all young flankers and can't see them slotting into the midfield for years to come and competing with the class acts of the AFL.

In terms of a trade for Hille I think that the likes of Daniel Giansiracusa would be reasonable. He is a very good midfield player who attracts plenty of the ball and has great delivery but is forced out of the centre on most occassions because of West, Cross, Cooney and now Boyd.

Sure I wouldn't want to lose him either but again we have many midfielders and need a quality ruck. Every supporter will always rate their players so much higher than an opposition player that's just the nature of supporters, although if you look at what those two guys bring for their team week in week out then I believe it's fair and reasonable.

I guess though there will be plenty of comments on this.

I look forward to the response!

While i think Gia is handy, we have not seen enough of him in a midfield role to know if he can give us what we need there.

I doubt he is a real ball winner and we need someone to help with our stoppages.

I also value Hille higher than Gia, as Rucks are far harder to get than a HFF/Midfielder.
While Hille is no great ruckman, he is very good on his day and serviceable most games.He would also fit in very well at the doggies as he can go forward and kick goals on a regular basis.

IF he were to go to the doggies, it would take more than Gia imo.

While i think Gia is handy, we have not seen enough of him in a midfield role to know if he can give us what we need there.

I doubt he is a real ball winner and we need someone to help with our stoppages.

I also value Hille higher than Gia, as Rucks are far harder to get than a HFF/Midfielder.
While Hille is no great ruckman, he is very good on his day and serviceable most games.He would also fit in very well at the doggies as he can go forward and kick goals on a regular basis.

IF he were to go to the doggies, it would take more than Gia imo.
You don't know enough about Gia to know whether he can give you what you need but you know he's worth less than Hille?

The people that are considering a trade for John Meesen have obviously never seen him play. He is below average at SANFL level and hasnt shown anything whatsoever in the time he has been here. He is simply a 1st round pick in a past draft, if he was taken at 60 his name would never be mentioned again.

You don't know enough about Gia to know whether he can give you what you need but you know he's worth less than Hille?

He only meant in terms of a ruckman being more worth than a HFF/midfielder, as without Hille we only have Laycock and Ryder. How old is Gia btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back