Prelim Finals ticketing - Sold out

Remove this Banner Ad

Same, only catch was the incl. standing and excl. standing options after all the info saying "Make sure you pick best available"...
Yeah, this confused me too. Still not certain I did it right. Picked 'including standing room', but didn't see any option for best available. Got a confirmation email of 2 tickets in ballot so I'm hoping all good. You think?

Yeah. Registered for 4 x adult 1 x kid concession. Ticketek will probably ***** it up somehow still.

Honestly, that agency is a disgrace. Kept losing my log in details and I had to keep re-entering it. Then it thought I was a robot and kept asking me to validate things. Then it told me I was registering too many memberships (5) when the maximum is 8 and kept telling me to try again with fewer bar codes. Took about 4 separate attempts before the sh*t clunky thing accepted the rego.

The MCG and the AFL need to terminate their arrangement with Ticketek immediately after the GF. Its just unacceptable.

Same, only catch was the incl. standing and excl. standing options after all the info saying "Make sure you pick best available"...

Always pick Including standing room. That was made clear last year.

Did you register more than one barcode?

Ive registered for best avail INC standing room which was apparently the right option to choose. Got an email confirming I am in the ballot!
Honestly I don't think it matters. All priority 1 are guaranteed a ticket.

Last year 3 of us all registered with exc. standing room and got seats.

Good feeling having it registered, now it rests with the boys next week!

Honestly I don't think it matters. All priority 1 are guaranteed a ticket.

Last year 3 of us all registered with exc. standing room and got seats.

Good feeling having it registered, now it rests with the boys next week!
Did you register this year INC or EXC? God I hope we dont end up with Standing room.

Won’t. Worked really well for me last week. Have booked again for next Friday. Staying two nights in the city this time with mrs headandshin. Accomodation not over the top either. Compared to hotels combined we are paying $10/ night extra.....

Agreed. Gees mate we’re you in m51 last week. You must have been pretty close to me.

So happy with it, especially as work does not allow me time to wrestle with ticketek at the moment. Absolutely stress free.
Just booked thanks heaps for the heads up am flying in from Perth with family in tow. Hotel price same as wotif . Hotel I had booked with were not an option so had to rebook but as you say am now stress free
Main stress now is being on staff travel fingers crossed there are seats for the trip across

I have a significant back issue so rang the club on Monday about the standing room option.
She advised me to be certain to select accept standing room, but then went on to say that no Priority 1 members in the ballot last year ended up with standing room, so it was a really small chance.

All done. Now it's up to Richmond to hold their end of the bargain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you register this year INC or EXC? God I hope we dont end up with Standing room.
I know they say the ballot is "random" and it is, because I know P1 members last year who ended up with L4 and P3 who got L2/L1 etc so there is no preference there... but don't know any P1 who got standing room. SURELY because they say they allocate all the P1 members first, then 2, then 3 until the computer runs out of seats it would mean that because there are more seats than P1 members, none should end up with standing room. That's the logic I am clinging to anyway.

I know they say the ballot is "random" and it is, because I know P1 members last year who ended up with L4 and P3 who got L2/L1 etc so there is no preference there... but don't know any P1 who got standing room. SURELY because they say they allocate all the P1 members first, then 2, then 3 until the computer runs out of seats it would mean that because there are more seats than P1 members, none should end up with standing room. That's the logic I am clinging to anyway.
No, you are spot on correct.

We will get the first allocation of seats as P1.

I have a significant back issue so rang the club on Monday about the standing room option.
She advised me to be certain to select accept standing room, but then went on to say that no Priority 1 members in the ballot last year ended up with standing room, so it was a really small chance.

All done. Now it's up to Richmond to hold their end of the bargain

Mine certainly isn't significant, but every couple of years I have an old back injury that flares up and leaves me essentially unable to walk for a week. I had the same concerns as you last year but yes, got a seat. If you're priority 1 you should be fine!

T
correct. The cheapest option is a $20 dorm somewhere. Ha ha if all these footy fans book it and don't show then some punter is going to be lucky and have an 8 bed dorm to themselves
the cheap rooms must all be sold out, the cheapest hotel I could find was $185

Last edited:
my first time being a category 1 member, i chose the tickets excluding standing room, can anyone confirm that I will still be 100% guaranteed a ticket?

So where do you pick your tickets up from?
Gate 7 from 2 hours before the game. I got there about 6pm and there was no q. The toughest part was deciding which of the 4 windows to approach.... it was the one on the left btw.
The hardest part is not knowing where you'll be sitting. But if you accept that they'll be the worst available category 1 tickets, you will not be disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim Finals ticketing - Sold out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back