Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Answerth another 8 tackles tonight after 11 last week and he also won that crucial ball in the middle and got it forward when we were down a point which led to the incredible Ah Chee goal.

Love that Answerth gets to play in a granny this year!
I agree. He is so hard at it. His kicking has improved too. His last two games for us have been huge.

Darcy Wilmot was another who might not pick up the same amount of recognition, but he had a TEAM HIGH 10 intercept possessions, while Lester had 9 and Andrews had 8.

Jeremy Cameron; you just got FROG stomped 🐸

No apology for intruding 😊

Rarely, if ever, post on opposition boards.

While I’m amazed my Geelong Cats, actually made Finals! You know why.

Was barracking so hard for Lions to absolutely belt Port!

My precious Mum was born in Queensland

🧡 🦁 🧡

Please be kind 🦁

Jeremy Cameron; you just got FROG stomped 🐸
Yep, 100% To think that people doubted his ability to close Cameron down through the week. We knew he could do it.

Couple of points

- when Cats hit the front with 2:43 to go I thought we were done;

- Lester was simply outstanding; outstanding I say;

- as much as I was so angry with Zac for those two regulation shots that were misses in the second and him being runs down again like against Collingwood, credit where credit is due; he was very good with his run out of defence tonight and was involved in some crucial plays;

- how good is the 5:15 time slot; just make it the GF time;

- I love this bloody club!

Was at the game to witness what I feared- the Lions best was on display more often than ours, and your best Is the near best in the comp. Worthy GF team, and it will be a beauty. We would have been smashed next week if we had lucked it tonight- just not quite the standard of your team. Congratulations, and if Brisbane wins next week, will truly be one of the all-time great premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess that's why we don't sub the older guys, they can always turn things around in the last quarter
Come on Nathan Barley , let’s bury the hatchet. We both love the Lions and we will both be willing them home next week. I’ll do you a deal. You admit you were wrong about Ryan Lester and I’ll admit I was wrong about James Hawksley.

Most have covered players i thought had good games
Not much mention of Zorko though. He takes chances and costs us a few goals but quite important in the win.
Don't worry i was pulling my hair out too.
Also, Answerth was very good in the first 3 quarters.
Unlike a few i thought Bailey had a much better game as an impact player. Hopefully further improvement next week
He kicked 2.2 but it really should have been 3.1 or 4.0.
Got caught with the ball a few times again, one towards the end. But he got involved in the game.
Had 527 meters gained being the third best for the Lions.

In the end it was a big team effort to get the win.
Big O was concussed early in the previous Cats game only for bad luck to strike again against them.
At least we won this encounter but so sad he will miss the GF.

All week i was praying for a dryish game but the showers came.
We were well beaten when it was wet and slippery.
However, showed our class during the dry periods of the game.
We really need it dry to show our skills. Hope the long-range forecast for dry conditions ends up being correct.

Like most i was guttered when the Cats scored that goal to again take the lead, with only a few minutes to go.
This is where the 6-6-6 enabled us to have a fair chance to get a score on the board.
We produced the goods when it mattered with 2 goals from those 6-6-6 restarts.
That gave us a huge chance to hang on and we did. It was a stressful time for us fans.
Do you think Zorks will be in trouble for that clumsy late head knock in the first qtr?

What was the 4.91 for the Cats? I know Stanley was the 4.01 and I really felt for him on one leg having to take that.

Was going to say that it was probably the soccer goal after gryan's pass, but that's down as 5.55.

Expected score a little whack on that basis for this game - that was a 5.55 xscore purely on the basis of the tap in. Gryan's soccer was about as arsey as it gets.

When he talked about his mum 😭

Love him indeed!

I had a chat with him at a post -game supporters function once.

Was an away game in Melbourne against Norf and we got belted when we were still finding our way under Fages .....2018 I think .

Anyway, I digress.

I found him an engaging, respectful young man whom I took an instant liking to.

From that interview, he's still obviously feeling the anguish from that 50 he gave away late in last year's GF

Nothing would please me more than to see him part of a Premiership team next Saturday.

All the best Bez......you deserve it

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Back