Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan Morris forward pressure tackling was unreal!

He somehow didn't register a tackle. Thought he had some big moments defensively in the forward line. I recall two leading to goals.

Pretty sure to register a tackle it has to lead to a stoppage or holding the ball free. Can't spill out

Doesn't suit Logan's game which consists of 4D chess. Half completed tackle so it spills to Lohmann so he can score. He's transcended stats!

Watching the replay outside the stress and emotion of watching the game live, he's instrumental in a number of important plays.
Yep. If he plays this weekend like he did in Saturday's but also avoids the couple of stuff-ups (no HTB, no easy misses), he could easily win the Norm Smith.

Arrived back home late last night... that was an incredible experience to be at the ground, last 2 weeks have been the top 2 emotionally charged games I have been to, both just in front of the Demons MCG Semi Final win in 2022.

RESILIENCE, CHARACTER, BELIEF AND DARE are the bedrock of what this Lions side has become, 1 more step to glory.

Arrived back home late last night... that was an incredible experience to be at the ground, last 2 weeks have been the top 2 emotionally charged games I have been to, both just in front of the Demons MCG Semi Final win in 2022.

RESILIENCE, CHARACTER, BELIEF AND DARE are the bedrock of what this Lions side has become, 1 more step to glory.
How is the bank balance going :)

On Footy Furnace last night they said the front on by Stewart on Lohmann wasn’t a free kick, and was a very bad decision.
Well, Stewart wasn’t contesting the ball, he had eyes on Lohmann and was trying to injure him. Various posters in various forums have tried to work out what rule was broken. Perhaps it comes under the category of unduly rough play?
It reminds me of an incident from some years ago. Geelong were playing Richmond, the ball was deep in Geelong forward zone, and Selwood, along with a lot of other players were contesting a mark. Dustin Martin came from the side, not in the direction the ball was coming, so he had zero hope of marking. He jumped into Selwood, his sole intention to inflict an injury. No free was paid btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t get over how good Buckley is in the media, seriously the most level headed person there at the moment.

I quite enjoyed him wondering out loud on SEN this morning why, when the media latches on to everything to generate stories; why did Stengle’s “incident” a couple months ago get completely swept under the rug?

With Geelong picking up Bailey Sniff this off season, maybe they should also pick up Joel Sniff - would let them keep supply for Baz and Stengle in house at least.

On Footy Furnace last night they said the front on by Stewart on Lohmann wasn’t a free kick, and was a very bad decision.
Well, Stewart wasn’t contesting the ball, he had eyes on Lohmann and was trying to injure him. Various posters in various forums have tried to work out what rule was broken. Perhaps it comes under the category of unduly rough play?
It reminds me of an incident from some years ago. Geelong were playing Richmond, the ball was deep in Geelong forward zone, and Selwood, along with a lot of other players were contesting a mark. Dustin Martin came from the side, not in the direction the ball was coming, so he had zero hope of marking. He jumped into Selwood, his sole intention to inflict an injury. No free was paid btw.
Still no idea what rule Stewart broke there, I thought it was a fair, although tough bump.

hippy is injured and played a very quiet game.....you wouldn't think of bringing in a full forward/ ruck?????

When you post these comments do you text your friends and giggle cause you really think trolling is the height of 13yo boy fun?

hippy is injured and played a very quiet game.....you wouldn't think of bringing in a full forward/ ruck?????
An injured Hipwood provides more in terms of team synergy and structure than any of our remaining tall forward options. Hipwood was also instrumental in setting up multiple goals and even kicked one himself so not sure where the "very quiet game" comment is coming from.

Only change will be Fort for Oscar imo.

Interesting votes

Geelong v Brisbane
9 Lachie Neale (BL)
5 Ryan Lester (BL)
4 Zac Bailey (BL)
4 Oliver Henry (GEEL)
3 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
3 Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
1 Dayne Zorko (BL)

Remove this Banner Ad