Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Caroline Wilson is awesome.
And love that she gets under all your skins, so much so that you feel the need to attack her so. o_O

A bit relieved on the Cyril front, I am glad we are being cautious.
If we get through, he would be a handy in for a GF.

Saw Caro at Richmond station last year - almost barged people out of the way to give her a hug due to her being one of only a few last year who stuck it to Essendrugs relentlessly. Got a lot of time for Caro - is usually more accurate than most of the journos and cops double the shit because of vocal douchebags who find it confronting that a female knows more about footy than them.

Gee Suckling gets a raw deal on here. He's not our toughest player, but we've got plenty of them but a player who can cut up teams from the back half on his day are not that common. For all the hate for Suckling on this board his numbers this season are quite strong and if there is any team left in the comp that he is suited to playing against it would have to be Port.

When you think about the rational behind the decision it is actually quite sound. It gives Port another weapon to think about and try to contain one they probably weren't planning for, meaning Birchall, Smith or Hill have more chance of getting off the chain. And Sewell's lack of leg speed and run could have been exposed by the Port runners.

Gotta love the Hawks selection committee, not afraid to make a tough decision. Leaving Rioli and Big Boy out and dropping Sewell are all hard decisions, whether they are the right ones or not we will see on Sat arvo.

And Sewell hits a target lace out every time he gets it, some people being completely blinded by past perfomances of Sewell.

No but Sewell is a big time player. Suckling, well who fu..en knows. All Im saying Suckling better pull his bloody finger out!!

No but Sewell is a big time player. Suckling, well who fu..en knows. All Im saying Suckling better pull his bloody finger out!!

Sewell has been a big time player, his form this year has been okay, he was okay in the final 2 weeks ago but was subbed out of the game.

Suckling will not be the difference between winning and losing so I don't know why everyone is so concerned, Clarkson wanted Suckling in, simple as that.

Yep. Goal assist role. That said Smith played in the back half a lot in the last game. Clarko will rotate people every which way

He was utterly useless when he played in the midfield, just doesn't have the feel for it. He's in our backline, a defensive vulnerability, that we're backing will be offset by his ability to counter attack.

Saw Caro at Richmond station last year - almost barged people out of the way to give her a hug due to her being one of only a few last year who stuck it to Essendrugs relentlessly. Got a lot of time for Caro - is usually more accurate than most of the journos and cops double the shit because of vocal douchebags who find it confronting that a female knows more about footy than them.
Agree it took guts for her to speak so strongly about Essendrugs ,but believe me if we salute she will be the first on the 'Lets take the Hawks down' bandwagon...just watch.

"Hello!"
"Hi Clarko, its the fellas here from Bigfooty... we want to understand why you have selected suckers??"
"sorry, have you guys got some idea on wtf happens with selection here?"
"Yes, we have a lot of threads that talk about why suckers should not be picked over sewelly..."
== beep == beep == beep ==
"Clarko? Clarko?"
Good work although maybe not enough beeps

some people need to check their heads. we complain that Clarko has his premiership favorites and then we complain when we drop one. Hard call but right call if you ask me. Port are too quick and we already have the firepower to win it inside. Harsh but correct call. I love Sewelly

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about goals against? The game includes both score for and against.

Anyway, point was Hawks tend to be flat track bullies - good with a tailwind, but have not handled the heat such as crafting the kind of win Port had on the road last Saturday.
Excuse me! We came back against the All Powerful Swans after being 30+ down in the Third and did the same vs the Cats twice in three weeks. Nah , you are right we can't "craft"a win like you. Campaigner.

Not really surprised this happened, I said earlier in the week Sucking if they wanted more run.

Sewell may have played his last game for the Hawks but if he goes out with a win in his 200th against Geelong it's not a bad way to go.

Bring on Saturday

Hartung is an interesting emergency
Yup - could be an interesting late inclusion of Suckling doesn't come up - thought it was weird they didn't play Suckling last week, if they were thinking of bringing him back for this game. The other options is that there could be a tagging role - someone posted that Shiels left training early.

I wonder if Sewell put his hand up and said his body wasn't right?
Wondered if that happened during the Geelong game, which led to his move to the forward line, and then getting subbed.

was our 2nd best player last time we played Port, but the 2012 gf is far more relevant apparently.
Watched the first three quarters of Round 10, and Suckling was excellent!!

There is of course a chance that Suckers knee will 'flair up' and he will be replaced by Sewell, the emergency, before the game. Maybe its a ploy?
Or Hartung ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back