Roast Preliminary Final Umpiring Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Bulldogs supporter who incidentally really dislikes the often patronizing attitude norf fans have towArds us

The umpiring last night significantly significantly advantaged west coast

The umpires are just cowards - the parochial crowd clearly intimidates them in big games that they are incapable of not falling for the crowds demands and become fearful of the reaction they would get for making big calls against them

Whilst west coast were the dominant team in the second half - there were 4 horrible calls in the second half which either gave them goals or cost norf goals

Absent these decisions / non decisions the game goes down to the wire
And it becomes too close to call

Honestly feel for you guys
Just a pissy way to end your season with that crap

Thanks for the condolences. The big thing that burns for me and likely the players is the 'what if?'. But-for the umpires, would we have been a show to win this thing? We just don't know because the result has such a massive cloud hanging over it. I'd rather get beaten down to the wire than be put completely out of it by circumstances for the most part out of our control

I have woken up this morning completely over the officiating and feeling nothing but pride. Yes we didnt get the chocolates but we took it up to the toughest home team in the comp on their dungheap and should go home gutted, but proud with a sense of yearning for more.

Nothing but pride today. The boys played with tremendous spirit. Already toey for 2016. GO KANGAS!

I have woken up this morning completely over the officiating and feeling nothing but pride. Yes we didnt get the chocolates but we took it up to the toughest home team in the comp on their dungheap and should go home gutted, but proud with a sense of yearning for more.

Nothing but pride today. The boys played with tremendous spirit. Already toey for 2016. GO KANGAS!
I havent, we could be gearing up for a GF week today instead I'm still seething at those cheating f**kers!

If your club does not make a formal complaint about the unbelievable horrific umpiring which has changed this game around , then I will be amazed , they were on toast for you the Eagles, with free kicks going insane they have caught up and with umpiring help break the backs of your players, I have never seen anything like this.

It needs investigating this is when the gamblers come to town , I am telling you the rig looks in, to me!

Was just as bad Friday night. Umpires completely turned the game.

Im proud of the club, they had a red hot quarter, and were on top for a half, against all odds. ATEOTD they were better on the night, and the AFL got their way, but we silenced a lot of doubters, and I cannot help but feel proud of the group.

There will be no repercussions apart from the umpires getting over-looked for next week. Might get a brief mention on today's footy shows followed by a "the better team won on the day." For ex-players, their understanding of momentum in football is quite poor.

Nathan Brown on the Channel 9 show highlighted the three main incidents and called the umpires out. He also highlighted the free against Ballantyne, which gifted the Hawks their first goal.

They had a discussion along the lines of bringing in 3 other umpires from outside the six who "umpired" the two PF's.

Good call.

I suggest three from Barbour, Beitzel, Crouch, Brophy, Schwab, Nash and Blackburn, some or all of whom may be deceased.

Would all do a better job from the grave or their nursing homes than the shockers that had the job over the weekend.

Calm down mate, no need to name call, you're just making a c*** of yourself.

I do know the rules of the game mate, you're just trying to bend them to suit your little narrative. He may have been trying to avoid Shuey, but he was the one who ran into Shuey's line and made contact with his head, just finished watching the replay so I actually know what I'm talking about, not just some vague memory during a drunken stupor like yourself.

Yes, you're right you can make contact with your opponent, but you can't hold the jumper, which is what happened, but I guess because Cameron Ling who was 150 metres away from the incident on the boundary, said it was a bad call, that means it was right? The only vision you got was a far camera shot from centre wing, that only captured half of the incident, but somehow you're the expert? Mate, I was directly in line with the Darling incident, in the 2nd tier looking down on it as it happened, his jumper was being held end of story, no matter what you or anyone else who had a shoddy camera view from 150 metres away thinks.

If anybody deserves an umpire reaming next weekend is Hawthorn, they were genuinely gifted goals. End of the day, if you don't want to look at it rationally, and pretend like those 2 decisions weren't there, that's fine, just consider it karma for the Harvery incident in round 10, that actually may have cost us the game, your lot were never going to win tonight. ;)
You are a bellend, **** off to your own board you blind stupid campaigner!

I will call you names because you come onto our board talking absolute garbage.

You have NFI what you are even talking about, the fact that you are trying to convince us that the Shuey decision was correct, shows what a moron you are are. But the fact that you to are on our board and trying to inflame things shows that not only are you stupid, but also an arrogant campaigner!

The decisions to keep them in the game were disgraceful, but the Jacobs non-free was the real dagger.

If the decision is rightfully paid and he kicks the goal we are only 16 down and would have gained belief that we could have a run at them.

Instead no whistle and then he gets called for holding the ball and they take it down the other end and score a goal to put them 28 up.

Now if that doesn't deflate a team, then I don't know what else will.

The game was decided in that one moment, decided by that cheating prick Margetts. He had a clear view of the incident and clearly chose to ignore the rules to make sure West Coast were never threatened.

There can't be any other explanation as that incident is paid as a free 99 times out of 100. It's just sus that the 1 was in a pivotal moment in this game.

I hope that the club has sent a please explain. It won't make a difference, but they AFL umpiring department should be held accountable for what could seen as blatant match engineering.

I knew we were in trouble as soon as Freo didn't get the rub of the green on the Friday night and commentators thought the need to mention it.

Of the decisions the one's that really stood out for me:

1. Free against Waite for in the back, despite it being a nudge to the side, whilst in the motion of going for a mark. This was awarded by the umpire off the ball.

2. The non reversal of possession after the high tackle on Swallow who was manning the mark.

3. The Shuey free kick for too high

4. The Jack Darling free against Tarrant for no apparent reason

5. The non decision when Jacobs leg just about snapped in half

Can anyone think of any other shockers that I may have forgot?

Do they also publicise which umpires gave or failed to give free's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson took a mark that was not paid for some reason. They ran it down the other end and score a goal from memory.

Also, I think it was the Eagles first goal, but they were given a free that was fair. Play stopped, the umpire came over to set the mark. It was at half back. The Eagles players was 5 metres ahead of where the mark was, and took off.

"Play on".

What.

I knew we were in trouble as soon as Freo didn't get the rub of the green on the Friday night and commentators thought the need to mention it.

Of the decisions the one's that really stood out for me:

1. Free against Waite for in the back, despite it being a nudge to the side, whilst in the motion of going for a mark. This was awarded by the umpire off the ball.

2. The non reversal of possession after the high tackle on Swallow who was manning the mark.

3. The Shuey free kick for too high

4. The Jack Darling free against Tarrant for no apparent reason

5. The non decision when Jacobs leg just about snapped in half

Do they also publicise which umpires gave or failed to give free's?

JZ had his head torn off in the centre square (he's still looking for it, I think) in the third quarter. Play on, goal.

Hows the Waite mark on the wing...illegal
shephard called by the off duty ump!!!
It wasn't.

Just another horrible decision designed to halt our momentum.

Most supporters can cop the odd bad one, because you usually get one going the other way.

But last night every howler went against U.S. and not one bad decision the other way. The only remotely poor decision that went against West Coast was the Kennedy jumper tug, other than that it was purely one way umpiring.

As a player it must be the most deflating experience when you are gaving to battle a home side with 3 umpires clearly favouring them.

To even be in this game was a credit to the playing group. This result was AFL engineered, I refuse to believe that 3 supposedly elite umpires can get so many decisions wrong and clearly in favour of one side only.

The decisions to keep them in the game were disgraceful, but the Jacobs non-free was the real dagger.

If the decision is rightfully paid and he kicks the goal we are only 16 down and would have gained belief that we could have a run at them.

Instead no whistle and then he gets called for holding the ball and they take it down the other end and score a goal to put them 28 up.

Now if that doesn't deflate a team, then I don't know what else will.

The game was decided in that one moment, decided by that cheating prick Margetts. He had a clear view of the incident and clearly chose to ignore the rules to make sure West Coast were never threatened.

There can't be any other explanation as that incident is paid as a free 99 times out of 100. It's just sus that the 1 was in a pivotal moment in this game.

I hope that the club has sent a please explain. It won't make a difference, but they AFL umpiring department should be held accountable for what could seen as blatant match engineering.

Chamberlain made some shocker decisions. Margetts watched Andrew Swallow get held by the throat and pushed to the ground whilst he was standing the mark. Andrew stood up and protested and Margetts just gave him a mouthful; A few minutes after this, Margetts is doing the centre bounce and pays a WC player a free kick because a "hand brushed his face". This just gives me the impression that Margetts had an agenda last night. if the AFL is fair dinkum about integrity then there needs to be an external and objective review of the umpiring department, including any conflicts of interest.

As Robert Shaw said on SEN this morning "When choosing the Grand Final umpires I'd omit the six starting umpires from this weekend's games, who've all let themselves down, and instead select the two emergency umpires and the next best of the rest."

As Robert Shaw said on SEN this morning "When choosing the Grand Final umpires I'd omit the six starting umpires from this weekend's games, who've all let themselves down, and instead select the two emergency umpires and the next best of the rest."
Umpire Bannister is quite good, l would put him in, l rarely see him make a blunder.

You seriously think you should of won that game ? North we're just outclassed in the end and Eagle's had more run..But they did show some real spirit and to come from 8th into a prelim was a gallant effort they had a real crack should be proud not blaming the umpires just because the biased VIC commentators we're pointing out Norths bad decisions not the Eagle's
North weren't outclassed. West Coast were firstly kept in the game and then protected from any chance of North making a run at them.

If the shoe was on the other foot and West Coast had to endure those horrible decisions, then you lose.

Game would have been over at half time if North were given cheap goals.

West Coast were given this result, rubber stamped by the AFL.

You have got to be kidding. Have a look at the replay. The camera catches a much better view than you could have from in the stand.

Piss off back to your own board you buffoon.
If you read my posts I said i watched the replay, maybe you should too instead of basing it on what everyone else is saying. His torso made contact with shueys head like the sky is blue, it happened get over it. Where were you lot when boomer harvery got a shoddy free kick and 50 metre penalty in round 10 that actually could have been the deciding factor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Preliminary Final Umpiring Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back