List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s what I’ve been saying for the past two off-seasons!
If younger and talented guys are jumping ship, what the **** does this guy think he can do to help them anymore? Makes logical sense now to head over based on what he hasn’t been able to accomplish there and what he could do for the north side
GWS will entertain it next year as he will be absorbing massive amounts of cap space. He’s one of the highest paid players in the comp

Before Perez did his knee the second time he showed he could take intercept and contested marks, defend and compete, move well, kick 50m plus accurately and that he was tough as nails. If his knee had held up we wouldn't need to chase Houston.
I can see your point but I think it may be reaching in terms of ceiling. If he was that good the club probably would have continued to assist him.
Instead of giving him the same timeline as Paul Ahern, or there abouts.

One thing for certain is, if history tells us anything. This will be either be the last contract for Brayden George or he defies the odds (which we all hope).

Me again sorry but have been stuck reading your board 😂 It has always baffled me why clubs at the bottom end of the ladder ignore the advantage of the PSD, IMO Clubs like North, WC & Rich should have been targeting the best uncontracted players and offering them life changing $ provided they walk to the pre season draft and can be acquired without losing a pick, however this is rarely used because clubs want to play nice..
I agree entirely.

Free agency, regardless of how it’s designed, tends to benefit the clubs around the mark at the time.

The Pre Season draft piece was a mechanism to help lower placed clubs gain access to experience.

Ironically, as the pendulum shifted more and more to free agency assisting club’s at the top of the table, the mechanism that was used di often by teams at the bottom to attract experience has been deemed “disrespectful”.

I 💯 agree we should be using it.

Only scumbag clubs walk players to the PSD.. kinda like what your mob did with Jack Martin. Frowned upon and disrespectful. Trading is mutual and professional, doing shit like that only burns bridges. You wouldn’t like it if bottom clubs started picking off your team players by doing that.
They already try with Free Agency.

Only scumbag clubs walk players to the PSD.. kinda like what your mob did with Jack Martin. Frowned upon and disrespectful. Trading is mutual and professional, doing shit like that only burns bridges. You wouldn’t like it if bottom clubs started picking off your team players by doing that.
They got their karma with Martin being continuously injured.

Would be funny if he did a Stengle at the cats n made AA

Me again sorry but have been stuck reading your board 😂 It has always baffled me why clubs at the bottom end of the ladder ignore the advantage of the PSD, IMO Clubs like North, WC & Rich should have been targeting the best uncontracted players and offering them life changing $ provided they walk to the pre season draft and can be acquired without losing a pick, however this is rarely used because clubs want to play nice..
Couldn’t agree with you more. We have been derelict in that area IMO. I’m hoping we are ballsy enough to take Baker if WC and Richmond try and concoct that FA pick 2 for Jack Graham and let Baker through to PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they bring in a rule change for one year, just so happens to coincide with us having an academy player corruption at its best I say🤷‍♂️ I’m really starting to believe they don’t want us in the afl anymore

I think it's more that they're really sick of Essendon being irrelevant and are chucking them a freebie. A team that truly needs some elite talent if they're going to get anywhere, but the concept of them bottoming out under Brad Scott probably sends chills down the spines of those at AFL HQ 😂

Yes had 15 years of mid range shitness because of only getting pick 10+ of first round picks. The same chicken littles who spent time calling for us to bottom out now want to trade out pick 2 and pick 2-5 next year for a hbf and downgraded draft picks in that 10-20 range because it's a deep draft and we also get a Jeremy Cameron type forward with that pick based on watching couple of YouTube videos and feedback from an online 'draft expert" who in all likelihood is a 15yo Gen Z with no friends sitting at home in mummies

For those simpletons here are the options across the 2024/25 drafts

Pick 2 and Pick 2-5
Vs
Houston and a couple of picks from pick 8 -20

Anyone proposing the later hasn't watched us play for he last 40 years and / or / is a complete moron.

If the current collective group 'GROW THE **** UP' and start being men be proffesional they can achieve 8 wins without Housten.
Lmao and adult would know how to spell Houston.

But you're also inventing things to get angry at because no one's suggesting doing what you've outlined here.

Are we playing tiddlywinks, this is a ruthless sport where all advantages seem stacked towards the strong clubs.. the only armoury North have is salary cap space, not using this to get a head is IMO weak.. this is not an attack on North I just do t understand why it’s not commonplace.

I feel like it just doesn't burn bridges these days. All the clubs that have done scumbag shit during trading have gone on in the following years to trade normally.
Case in point: we are going back to the same rancid, mangy, swamp-trough that is PA after the JHF debacle…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back