Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the amount of money the club is spending (and benefits) I would assume patience is running out. Just buying h players with good experience at higher levels doesn’t guarantee success. The old adage of a champion team will always beat a team of champions is very appropriate in this instance. Would rather be a Rowville than Doncaster East.

I would agree however they did play in a prelim last year, so something would appear to have gone very wrong.

The old “team of champions” thing is a nice one but unfortunately not often true! Vermont spent decades buying premiership after premiership, it’s just how it works.

You almost think the games between them would decide it… having said that Norwood did get up for a big win a few weeks back so it can happen. As the year winds down if they come up against sides that can’t go up or down then they might surprise, particularly if Highmore plays.

East Ringwood looking good.

Things very wrong at Doncaster East.

Yep, They're my pick
They are very good and certainly the front runner at this time. Considering the amount of money (and benefits) East are shelling out they should be right up there. Hopefully the club is not going to be in the 'boom and bust' cycle again as this approach saw the club having to spend years to get out of the predicament they were in.

They are very good and certainly the front runner at this time. Considering the amount of money (and benefits) East are shelling out they should be right up there. Hopefully the club is not going to be in the 'boom and bust' cycle again as this approach saw the club having to spend years to get out of the predicament they were in.

All a balance… it’s fine to recruit but you have to look after the pathway and give your own kids opportunities as well. Because the imports will leave at some point.

All a balance… it’s fine to recruit but you have to look after the pathway and give your own kids opportunities as well. Because the imports will leave at some point.
Agree Bunk. I hope this time they get this right. Looking at the list of players there is a fair smattering of imports. On a positive note the reserves and unders are both doing well which augers well for the future.

Probably old news but only noticed looking at today’s scores… Lochie Dickson playing for Vermont?

Norwood lifer, they announced his re-signing in pre-season, yet he’s playing for Vermont?
They announced him as 'recommitted' I gathered with the new coach they couldn't agree to terms on an actual playing contract. Heard a few whispers they didn't see eye to eye...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it a few times but what in the actual F is going on at Donny East. How can this possibly be happening with the recruiting and spending theyve had.

Flag faves and they’re effectively last given what a joke Norwood and Berwick are.

Not sure they were favourites but predicted to be up there. Lots of egos and big heads at Zerbes. They are getting exactly what they deserve. Such an arrogant mob.

Also proves you cannot buy a premiership. Lots of individuals that cannot play as a team. Others just taking the money and giving nothing back to the club.

Great to see them in their current predicament as I am not a fan. Used to be such a great community focused club with quality people involved.

Last edited:
Not sure they were favourites but predicted to be up there. Lots of egos and big heads at Zerbes. They are getting exactly what they deserve. Such an arrogant mob.

Also proves you cannot buy a premiership. Lots of individuals that cannot play as a team. Others just taking the money and giving nothing back to the club.

Great to see them in their current predicament as I am not a fan. Used to be such a great community focused club with quality people involved.

Played in a prelim last year, added O’Brien (key forward straight out of the AFL) plus Wenn and Johnson who both recently played in the VFL. Wenn was team of the year last year.

Absolutely they were favourites.

Spewing, guess we will never see Ryan James and Gary Ayres go head to head in the eastern fl

After the way James had knifed Ayres with the backline players he coached back in the day at Port Melbourne

Clubs definitely cannot buy a premiership nowadays, with the current allowable player points a club can have each game. Doncaster East getting what they deserve. At Croydon, we despise their club, ever since some corruption between them and EFL, allowed one of their reserves players (Bremner) to get off scot free for breaking the neck of one of our players in a sling tackle. Then they decided to mock the incident at their Mad Monday event that season. Absolute scum.

They have had a bad year. The pres is stepping down at seasons end and the coach may follow (even though he's contracted) Bit of a disconnect with Beverley Hills juniors since COVID that they must fix but still a good club.

They have had a bad year. The pres is stepping down at seasons end and the coach may follow (even though he's contracted) Bit of a disconnect with Beverley Hills juniors since COVID that they must fix but still a good club.

Somebody has flushed a hell of a lot of money down the toilet this year.

I’d hate to think what they’ve spent to finish 8th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back