Premier League 28/04 - 02/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Next round is the make or break round for 3rd, depends on how hard the 6 teams involved are fighting - Arsenal has safe from relegation and going nowhere else Norwich at home, Spurs go to Villa who really need points this week to avoid getting dragged into the final round relegation catastrophe, and Newcastle have City, which is enough said.

Arsenal central midfield is rubbish without Arteta, Ramsey is not up to being a gunner long term, but how hard will Norwich fight with nothing to fight for? If the gunners win, then a loss to Newcastle knocks them out of the race for 3rd, leaving just Spurs to challenge - and Spurs has the last game of the three this week.

Chelsea are out of it - they need a 1-0 win and a draw, with Newcastle to lose both and Tottenham to lose both by 1-0 to take 4th spot on goal difference, and two 1-0 wins while Arsenal draw one and lose the other 2-0 as well to take 3rd place the same way.

Hats off to Newcastle. Unbelievable performance and they would be completely deserving of fourth place this season. Hopefully Spurs choke the next two games and they can do it.

Hats off to Newcastle. Unbelievable performance and they would be completely deserving of fourth place this season. Hopefully Spurs choke the next two games and they can do it.

The moral handwringing of wanting to see Newcastle finish fourth or Citeh win the league is quite entertaining.

Amazing goal. Cisse does seem to be worthy of wearing the 9 of United after all.

his first goal had me jumping out of my seat

his second one had me sitting there in disbelief

what an absolute monster strike

Cisse does seem to be worthy of wearing the 9 of United after all.

i couldn't see any doubt after his first few matches, when he signed i thought he'd be in ba's shadow, but they're all blending so well

No Kompany for City this weekend...Kolo's going to have to deliver a ripper performance if he's going to make up for that up against Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa.

This is the most dangerous Newcastle side I've seen since Sir Bobby...they're coming close to the Entertainers too, loving it.

No Kompany for City this weekend...Kolo's going to have to deliver a ripper performance if he's going to make up for that up against Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa.

This is the most dangerous Newcastle side I've seen since Sir Bobby...they're coming close to the Entertainers too, loving it.

and why would that be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Sometimes you just have to say too good...those Cisse strikes were unstoppable.

All on the CL now. Absolutely have to win it.

Crouch's goal can **** right off after seeing Cisse's goal. That second goal is arguably the best goal in the last five years of the EPL.

I hope he pulls out something like that on the weekend against City. Even just to take something away from that game would be great service for us.

Personally I was more impressed with his first than second.

Looked a bit of hit and hope for me.

I agree. I think that the first is being underrated while the second is being overrated.

It's a very good goal but as you said, just seems like one of those where he lashes at a bouncing ball and hopes for the best and what do you know, it finds the net.

Crouch's goal vs. Man City required far more skill and is comfortably the best this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League 28/04 - 02/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Back