EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's rare that you get a striker who's selectable in midfield. I didn't have him in my original team, but when I realised he was part of a front pairing I had to get him in. I just hope they don't pick up anyone else and that he does well.
Especially in RDT where loads are down as strikers

I think 1 trade is on the cards. Timber > Colwill

I'll probably keep Foden but i am concerned given Man City's rotation of players, admittedly i was confident enough to pick him anyway so this should have been foreseeable. I wont be able to change formation that late either if he is benched.
Just be careful of Colwill. Reece James played DM. CHE will be getting Caicedo for that spot, then James will go to RB.
Disasi could then go to CB and Colwill could drop out. Badiashile is also expected to return in GW3, so there'll be more competition for Colwill's CB spot.

When I saw he was on the bench I switched him to Pedro Neto who was the best player I could afford from the remaining Man U and Wolves players.
Yeah, I grabbed Garnacho for now, but Pedro Neto and Kalajdzic are on the radar. Just gotta wake up early for lineups, but it's just more incentive for an early start to the day. Some nice Winter weather in Melbourne finally.

I reckon Chilwell gets back to scoring heavily again this year. Had a goal disallowed and another shot that was very close.
He really should have scored with that chance. Poor first touch pushed him wider and he hit it straight at Alisson.
But he was so far forward, you'd think he was playing striker.

Top is Chilwell's heatmap. Bottom is James.

1691991092850.png

This is Colwill's heatmap. He was backing up Chilwell to push forward.

1691991285355.png

As for Nic Jackson, he was everywhere, but nowhere. Looks like Chilwell was the focal point for attack.

1691991419935.png

I think it's rare that you get a striker who's selectable in midfield. I didn't have him in my original team, but when I realised he was part of a front pairing I had to get him in. I just hope they don't pick up anyone else and that he does well.
He was a no brainer for me. Because Toney and Mbeumo were the preferred strikers, he was reduced to cameo appearances, hence his $4.5m price tag.
But he still had 11 goal involvements in seeing about half the time of a full season. So with Toney suspended and him likely seeing full time until Xmas, had to take a punt. A few more good weeks from him and a few more bad ones from KDB, and we hopefully can do a straight flip. :D

I think the Bees will look for another striker, but probably as backup. If they don't get anyone, they'll just give Schade more time.

Last edited:
Just be careful of Colwill. Reece James played DM. CHE will be getting Caicedo for that spot, then James will go to RB.
Disasi could then go to CB and Colwill could drop out. Badiashile is also expected to return in GW3, so there'll be more competition for Colwill's CB spot.
Yeah, i will probably change formation and wait a week now that i think about it! Changing formation would put Richarlison on field. I could keep formation and go Udogie but i think that is silly given opposition and chance of negative points. Ahmedhodzic is an option to field too, id probably have him ahead of Udogie actually but Richarlison seems the go!

Last edited:
Yeah, I grabbed Garnacho for now, but Pedro Neto and Kalajdzic are on the radar. Just gotta wake up early for lineups, but it's just more incentive for an early start to the day. Some nice Winter weather in Melbourne finally.

I'm in Perth so the Man U v Wolves game is a 3am kick off, it's probably the worst possible time as it's too late to stay up for and too early to get up for.

Finished on 148. Happy enough with the score. It could've been even better if Timber didnt get injured on 0. Benching Timber for this round and going with a 2-5-3 formation. Hopefully a bounce back game for Foden and a goal and/or assist for Richarlison. If Tonali does well in a tough game against Man City and Foden doesnt excel this round, ill probably drop Foden > Tonali & Timber > practically anyone

Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 10.33.04 am.png

111 for me as well, shocking first week in the end.

My “premo” midfield of Foden 6, Silva, Mount & Havertz all 5 were all outscored by known worldbeater Garner on my bench - 8pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timber 0 pts inj

Bench

Lockyer -4 pts, bye
Udogie 5pts v Man Utd
Mudryk 2 pts v West Ham (most likely will start on the bench again)

Might have to burn a trade, not much to get in at there prices

Timber out for months it appears, so bye bye

Last edited:
Timber 0 pts inj

Bench

Lockyer -4 pts, bye
Udogie 5pts v Man Utd
Mudryk 2 pts v West Ham (most likely will start on the bench again)

Might have to burn a trade, not much to get in at there prices

Timber out for months it appears, so bye bye
Can wait a week, in case there's another injury. Timber to Varane looks like a cash move. Just need some cash to get Varane from Timber.

No Estupinan or Mitoma hurts a lot. I had Estupinan in most of my plan teams but cant say i looked that hard at Mitoma (although i did include him in my Fantasy side) but i dont think ill move heaven and earth to get either in. Their schedule becomes tough after next round so i hope they come back to earth a little. Given j.pedro was benched and he was my 2nd striker with richarlison my 3rd, i've struggled a bit this round. I spent up big on my midfield (Bruno & Foden behind Saka) and that hasnt really yielded positive results...yet

Anyway, ill be content if i hit a bit over 100 this round. I'll fall in the rankings but hopefully not too far. 81 with Diaby, Chilwell & Saka to come.

I may bring in Alvarez and Silva for Pedro and Mount. Man City's lineup is thinner than last year so there's a chance both play, and even if only one plays at times, they'll probably still score better than the other two I trade out.

What's better: Alvarez and Silva, or Sarr and Son combo?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back