EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Newcastle dud keeper for the first 7 weeks.
LIV with a LUT/BUR DEF for GW2, also gets you 6/7 loops.
NEW play UCL and LIV are in Europa.
Over the year, LIV and AST will be having the most later games as Europa games are Thu night and UCL Tue/Wed.

Looking at fixtures, im going to fade Liverpool players for a little bit. Fernandes is expensive but i keep finding ways to get him into my squad because he is one that could start the season on fire with favourable matchups early. The biggest concern for me is how to structure my defense. Ive had several players rotate through and ideally i would select Udogie with the aim of keeping him on the bench but if im going all out in my midfield i need Udogie to be my 3rd or 4th back.

The decision between Estupinan and Stones looms large too. I've had both in most of my drafts but i think Colwill could be value early although having him as 3rd defender is probably not ideal. I like the idea of spending big on 4-5 players and then build a team around them, rather than reaching for mid-pricers that could be good if the chips fall right. I think thats also because im new to the game so im not backing myself to find those players in the middle that look likely to break-out. Instead ill get the proven guns and go from there.

~1.6Mil remaining

View attachment 1766201
Prices won't change until GW4, so you need to make sure your picks will see at least 3 games.
Colwill might struggle, as Badiashile is expected back and they just signed Disasi.

BRI fixtures are tough in GW4 & 5. That's put me off Estupinan.

Most times, we play 2 at the back in a 2-5-3. Dias/Stone and Chilwell, with Pau, Udogie and a SHU / LUT $3.75m seem to be the template.

Make sure you have a CHE FOR from Sterling / Nkunku or Jackson. It's a price point to make freely in one transfer should one become a must.

Prices won't change until GW4, so you need to make sure your picks will see at least 3 games.
Colwill might struggle, as Badiashile is expected back and they just signed Disasi.

BRI fixtures are tough in GW4 & 5. That's put me off Estupinan.

Most times, we play 2 at the back in a 2-5-3. Dias/Stone and Chilwell, with Pau, Udogie and a SHU / LUT $3.75m seem to be the template.

Make sure you have a CHE FOR from Sterling / Nkunku or Jackson. It's a price point to make freely in one transfer should one become a must.
Yeah I'm looking at that CHE forward instead of Diaby in my midfield. I've tried to find up to date information on nkunku but I haven't found anything. From the article I read it sounded like the injury may not be that serious but there was also no timeframe given :huh:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but has anyone created a big footy league?

There are a couple of open ones that you and any other lurkers are welcome to join. Any untaken spots are filled by randoms when the season starts

Codes:

Last edited:
I think i've almost settled on my team now. Gabriel comes in with the hope Arsenal keep at least 2 clean sheets in the first 3 games, given their opposition is quite poor. J.Pedro is starting to become popular and for good reason given Brighton's opposition for the first 3 rounds. Problem is, after that it gets tough. I feel like he will justify the rise in popularity early so im jumping on.

Mudryk is a good option for F3. My 4 starting mids have been locked in for a little while. I had Diaby in there for quite a while but dropped down to Nakamba in order to get Gabriel.

Not sure who to play out of Mudryk & Udogie

Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 2.19.33 pm.png

I think i've almost settled on my team now. Gabriel comes in with the hope Arsenal keep at least 2 clean sheets in the first 3 games, given their opposition is quite poor. J.Pedro is starting to become popular and for good reason given Brighton's opposition for the first 3 rounds. Problem is, after that it gets tough. I feel like he will justify the rise in popularity early so im jumping on.

Mudryk is a good option for F3. My 4 starting mids have been locked in for a little while. I had Diaby in there for quite a while but dropped down to Nakamba in order to get Gabriel.

Not sure who to play out of Mudryk & Udogie

View attachment 1769826
I might choose Pedro over Richarlison. Pedro has been taking penalties. I've also brought in Diaby from ASV in place of Szlobo - whatever his name is.

IMG_6762.jpeg I don’t like half my team, but this is what I’ve got sitting there for now.

Can’t believe the season starts in a couple of days, but need to spend some time before then actually researching for this season as it’s usually my starting team that ****s me and then I spend a heap of trades fixing it, before flying at the end of the season.

Don’t really want Tierney, Havertz or Mount and I’m unsure on Tonali’s prospects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest draft, probably change before kick off😳

View attachment 1770959

Probably shouldn’t help rivals :p

But your bench Ahmedodulsndivic guy absolutely LOVES a cheeky booking. Coupled with likely lack of clean sheets, I’d look elsewhere for a cheaper option.

Or bring him into the 11 and make him captain, I dunno…..

*I’m not to be blamed if he keeps a clean sheet, scores and assists in his first few games

Good start for 99% of people with Haaland VC

Of course ederson keeps a clean sheet..had him last season whilst he conceded goals every game and said never again.
I hear ya. I got Walker as a hedge. Close enough.

Went with Flekken. If he emulates Raya, will have the best GK for the lowest price, and no transfers need to be wasted on GK.

1 game in and already have regrets. No idea Dias was injured, so now I’ll need to shuffle my team around when later lineups are confirmed so I don’t cop an early donut.

Also took Foden & Silva who blanked, with Man City’s unreliable rotation it will just be a headache. Might need to flip one or both before price changes, especially if there is a bolter that rises sharply

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back