Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

How's it going, AngryRanga
Played my first match as St.Kilda in the NAB Challenge against Sydney. Lost by 250 points with McCartin getting 55 touches of the pill (Tippett kicked 23) so I assume I'm doing something wrong :$. I'm going to learn how to play before I start a long-term save.

Played my first match as St.Kilda in the NAB Challenge against Sydney. Lost by 250 points with McCartin getting 55 touches of the pill (Tippett kicked 23) so I assume I'm doing something wrong :$. I'm going to learn how to play before I start a long-term save.

Seems realistic tbh- you had a good game.

Did you play the game, or sim it?

Haha wow. Decent effort from McCartin tho lol

I used to play Deledio on the wing, as Balanced and he averaged 62 disposals a game across the season. XD

Try adjusting your tactics, and playing around with what works. :)
I have worked out the issue. May or may not have selected my team in the wrong direction. Luke Delaney at FF, Riewoldt at CHB, etc. No wonder McCartin got 55 touches of the pill, the ball must have been at full back all day :$:$

Sorry for irritating dumb questions

-With those 2015 lists, some of the ages are out (Nick Riewoldt is 30, Jack Billings 18, etc.)
-Also, it says it's 2011.
-I'm expected to be a premiership contender with St.Kilda's 2015 list.

Are those meant to be like that/is there a way to fix that/have I installed them wrong?

Thanks for anyone who can help my inadequate brain work out how to play this game properly.

In a career with Geelong and I scouted a player named Robert Chapman (No father son with Paul) with a peak of 100. I kept my eye on him, he had massive numbers in his national champions. I interviewed him at draft camp and he tested well with good leadership, pressure performances, injuries, consistency etc.

I traded so hard to get the number 1 pick and ended up giving up so much that it probably put my list back one or two years. But it was worth it.

Rob won the rising star in first season with 600+ disposals.
In his second season he got over 700 disposals and made the All Australian team.
3rd season and he won the brownlow with yet another 750 disposal season.
4th season he came 6th in the brownlow (Mitch Clark, Joel Selwood and Chapman all came top 10, stole votes off each other).
5th season he came 2nd in the brownlow to Scott Pendlebury despite only playing 17 full games (got injured then returned via sub)

SO after 112 games and still only 22 he is looking like one of my best ever PC players. I can only think of one my player that would rival him which i wrote about ages ago in this thread.

Had a guy called Trent Quarles which I drafted to Geelong with pick one, he went on to play 378 games and average about 35 touchesa game. Got 12 All Australians, 13 best and fairest, 6 MVP yet never a top 5 finish in the brownlow.
Found it. Will be interesting to see if Chapman can surpass Quarles achievements. I guess Chapman is already one up after getting a charlie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide just drafted an inside mid who was 79 ovr and 98 peak. I was going to try and turn my pick 4 into pick 1, but I forgot during trade week :oops:.

So I drafted a Defender/Ruckman/Forward triple threat 71 ovr 89 peak

How do key defenders get into the game?

I have had about 10-12 key defenders during 5 years at Sydney because all of them get ratings of 0-2 for the game. Sometimes they would have multiple games of zero stats.

This is simming by the way, not live coaching.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the games engine?

Just started playing (using the 2011 list. Lol forgot how bad the Tiger list was that year...). Really enjoying it even though I was only able to lead the Tiges to a paltry 4 wins.

Question: Is there a way to improve finances (or does that come naturally from the team performing higher on the ladder?). I've got D+ ratings for every category and want to strengthen but haven't got the budget. :(

Just started playing (using the 2011 list. Lol forgot how bad the Tiger list was that year...). Really enjoying it even though I was only able to lead the Tiges to a paltry 4 wins.

Question: Is there a way to improve finances (or does that come naturally from the team performing higher on the ladder?). I've got D+ ratings for every category and want to strengthen but haven't got the budget. :(

There are a couple of different game mechanics that control finances, with both linked to performance.

In the short term, winning builds supporter confidence which leads to revenue through membership & attendance.

For the long term, every club has a supporter base - a proportion of the total AFL market. That will shrink/grow over time, but that is a gradual process.

So if it's 2011 how many teams are in it? Will download when I get the time.
There is no GWS in the game, but GCS is included. You are able to manually edit player files (outside of the actual game) so you can change squads and player names how ever you please that way.

If you do want to edit player files, I would suggest going into the in-game editor and creating a new player data base to edit rather then editing the games original player base - that way if you corrupt the file you can create a new player data base again without having to re-install the game.

What were the rating of said key defenders?

What were their spoiling and strength levels?

They were mid around 75. So obviously not elite. But they had very high man marking, spoling, and strength levels. They should still be doing more than 0.9 disposals per game.

Is this game free? Says after about 20 rounds that I have to purchase it... I go to the link and it's not there. Won't let me progress any further.
You need to use the .dll sitting in the quick download zip file, not the one sitting in the full download zip. See the note at the bottom of the OP in the thread.

You need to use the .dll sitting in the quick download zip file, not the one sitting in the full download zip. See the note at the bottom of the OP in the thread.
nope. I got the .dll file from the zip and replaced the equivalent .dll file in the C directory. Still doesn't let me proceed past round 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back