Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be biased, but I don’t think I am, but Port Adelaide needs to be much higher. Champion Data has us as the 2nd best list in the AFL. If you need help with our ratings feel free to PM me.
Port and Essendon are probably underrated given they've been outside the 8 both times, yet the apparent consensus before the season would tell you they almost certainly should make the 8.North and St Kilda are obviously overrated and probably West Coast too
Don’t have a major issue with Footscray winning the spoon... Seems accurate after the last two weeks.

I have been running tests throughout the night. Most teams are very close or spot on with Port, North, Sydney & West Coast the exceptions. West Coast is always high, North is a bit higher than I want, Sydney & Port is always finishing too low. I had been tweaking the ratings & all stay about the same. Must be the game's logic.
I'm happy the ratings are fine. I've got small changes to do & I'll run a test in the morning & see if anything changes.

The lists are live.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/658zqmbu9dcti6s/user_2018.zip

A few items. These are playing lists ONLY, nothing else has been done to it, no clubs or records have been updated. I have tried to make it as balanced as possible. Last test had Brisbane playing a Prelim. I have tweaked that. Mids now win the Brownlow medal. No more Ruckman (almost 100% sure). I now understand Haydo's plight over why he doesn't want to do it every year.
If you liked what I did, let me know & why you liked it.
If you didn't like it, let me know & why you disliked it. Please don't leave me a messaged saying you didn't like it because your favorite player was underrated. There is an editor for a reason. These were my opinion of each player's ability, not everyone will agree so be constructive not abusive.

After Haydo said he was getting back into it, this as far as I want to go. If Haydo is going to continue with his then good luck Haydo & I understand your issues now.
Lastly I didn't do this all by myself. I had Sab22, Schods, Jrob1103 & Haydo (eventually) giving me advice on ratings & how to do things. For that, thanks guys.
Enjoy everyone.

The lists are live.

A few items. These are playing lists ONLY, nothing else has been done to it, no clubs or records have been updated. I have tried to make it as balanced as possible. Last test had Brisbane playing a Prelim. I have tweaked that. Mids now win the Brownlow medal. No more Ruckman (almost 100% sure). I now understand Haydo's plight over why he doesn't want to do it every year.
If you didn't like it, let me know & why you disliked it. Please don't leave me a messaged saying you didn't like it because your favorite player was underrated. There is an editor for a reason. These were my opinion of each player's ability, not everyone will agree so be constructive not abusive.

After Haydo said he was getting back into it, this as far as I want to go. If Haydo is going to continue with his then good luck Haydo & I understand your issues now.
Lastly I didn't do this all by myself. I had Sab22, Schods, Jrob1103 & Haydo (eventually) giving me advice on ratings & how to do things. For that, thanks guys.
Enjoy everyone.
Legend for doing that Mate. I hope everyone who has a go with your lists, appreciates your effort and time. Thank you very much.

Just finished a season with Essendon.

Adelaide finished top of the ladder, with the rest of the top 8 being Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney, Melbourne, St Kilda, Geelong, Richmond. GF was Adelaide vs Essendon, with Ess winning by 21 and Daniher winning the Norm Smith after kicking 5.2.

Dusty won the Brownlow by 10 votes from Cotchin, with Joe Daniher (the Coleman Medalist) coming in 3rd

Can someone please explain to me why I can't seem to get this working? I have extracted it and put the user_2018 folder into the base section but it crashes whenever I try loading it.

Can someone please explain to me why I can't seem to get this working? I have extracted it and put the user_2018 folder into the base section but it crashes whenever I try loading it.

You probably extracted the folder so that once you open the extracted folder, the folder inside is "user_2018" in which files for the list are stored inside. You want to have it so that once you open the extracted folder, you immediately see the list files (such as the players and club folders). Currently your directly for the list folders would be /Base/user_2018/user_2018, but you want it to be /Base/user_2018 for it to work.

To fix this, the easiest way is right clicking the zipped folder and selecting "Extract Here" so that you avoid this problem. The other way is to go to the list files and move them up one level in the directory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing to note with SJLs lists is that the contracts haven't been altered, so they are basically only useful for a single season as the contracts as they stand result in some very weird roster management decisions by the AI

Working on that at the moment as well as correct ages and stuff and draft details. Finished Carlton and Collingwood. Slowly getting there

What did I get wrong & how much of it was wrong?
I did leave out the training groups, because I didn't want to have to open a game & check for every player I changed.

Working on that at the moment as well as correct ages and stuff and draft details. Finished Carlton and Collingwood. Slowly getting there
Was that the draft picks from GWS or the mini draft they had?

What did I get wrong & how much of it was wrong?
I did leave out the training groups, because I didn't want to have to open a game & check for every player I changed.

Was that the draft picks from GWS or the mini draft they had?

Some of them were GWS picks, some were wrong years and some were wrong picks. Fixed training for Carlton and Collingwood. Few things like Hoskin-Elliott and Cameron OShea were just a few examples that did my OCD in. I can upload a new version of mine every team I finish. Just started to do the Essendon one.

Some of them were GWS picks, some were wrong years and some were wrong picks. Fixed training for Carlton and Collingwood. Few things like Hoskin-Elliott and Cameron OShea were just a few examples that did my OCD in. I can upload a new version of mine every team I finish. Just started to do the Essendon one.
I think it would be better to upload 1 version with all the changes. 16 hour sessions of xml files probably did those mistakes.

What was the other stuff?

Things I'm currently fixing:

Names (for my OCD)
Date of Birth
Weights and Heights (confirmed by club websites)
Training (to my knowledge from what I have seen this season)
Contracts
Draft History
Years missing in players history

SJL93

i know i said no more, but I'm going to do some Club history, season history & I'll see where i go from there.

The lists are live.

Enjoy everyone.

Nice job with the lists!

Just one thing, Callum Coleman Jones is listed as a rookie in the game, but was our second pick in the draft last year.

Nice job with the lists!

Just one thing, Callum Coleman Jones is listed as a rookie in the game, but was our second pick in the draft last year.

I believe Schods is doing a cleanup of the mistakes I made, contracts, names, DOB, Training, all those issues. He may cover that I'm not sure. If not you can always change it yourself. I'll talk you through it if you want.

I believe Schods is doing a cleanup of the mistakes I made, contracts, names, DOB, Training, all those issues. He may cover that I'm not sure. If not you can always change it yourself. I'll talk you through it if you want.

Been busy of late, so haven't got around to it.

I have taken up the work, Schods was doing. I don't know when I'll be able to release the patch. I'll work on it as much as I want to. Doing contracts at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Back