Prendergast report

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
I'm pretty sure the AFL said earlier in the year these reports would only result in a fine for a first time offence so long as the contact wasn't deliberate. Would seem a fair penalty to me.

That doesn't mean much when it comes to Carlton. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Prendergast report

Originally posted by goaldrush
Have another look at the replay. It is reportable and yes he will get a big penalty.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What just like you predicted that Daniel Kerr would get a big penalty prior to that report being withdrawn.

How could you possibly know what the likely sentance will be, if indeed there is one.

Pull your head in occassionally :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jaybee

2 weeks ago the Geelong player was not put up on report as it was stated, that the colission was unavoidable and the umpire ran into the player.

Why was that umpire not susoended??????????

That umpire [Stefan Grun] had a 'Danny Jacob's suspensioin'.He was injured,so he got his penalty.

Originally posted by McGough27
WTF was Predergast thinking ?

Everyone knows once the umpire bounces the ball up , he runs backwards away from the contest . What did he think the umpire was going to do - bounce the ball up and run forwards , right between the ruckmen . :rolleyes:

I agree with this statement. I think Prendergast might find himself in a little bit of trouble here. This wasn't the case of an umpire changing direction causing accidental collision.

Players have been told repeatedly not to run around behind the umpire at centre bounces, and yet that is precisely what he has done.

Very silly, very avoidable, very guilty.

It's hardly a major issue, however Prendergast hasn't a leg to stand on.

He deviated into the umpires line (clear for all to see), a line that the umpires track at every centre bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prendergast report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back