Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes these are projections but they are based off 2020 data. The player ratings on Stats Pro uses a different formula than this one.
Ah that makes sense. Projections are basically useless. Especially if they are using some formula like "2020 data" + "secret sauce" = 2021 rating, which it seems they are.

Just release the players that were rated elite based on the data at the end of the 2020 season. Much more credible (but maybe less click-baity).

Wonder how he would go if spent most time up forward. Can we afford to do this after getting Treloar?
Free agency is the ultimate decider on where three key players will play this year in a positional sense, i have all three as quasi Centre Half Forwards, but if they don't like or enjoy the position it could bite you on the ass pretty quickly and result in a Dunkley type situation, but with no contractual control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After looking through another gallery of training photos I'm even more certain that we will win the flag. There's something different about the group this year. A level of maturity in the group that we haven't seen for a very long time. Like a fruit that has just begun to ripen.

I agree. It feels like the group know they’re good enough. No nonsense this preseason. No excuses this year.

After looking through another gallery of training photos I'm even more certain that we will win the flag. There's something different about the group this year. A level of maturity in the group that we haven't seen for a very long time. Like a fruit that has just begun to ripen.
I reckon having someone like Stef Martin rocking up and going about his business would have given everyone a kick up the ass.

If it’s all between the ears for Schache couldn’t he do a TAFE course or a cert 4 in hardening up? Maybe a bricklaying apprenticeship or a few weeks as a jackaroo laying fences outside of Bourke. Or he could travel round country towns offering any bloke $100 if they can go three rounds with him in the ring.

He’ll come back the better for it.

Schache definitely looks in the best shape he has since he arrived by quite a bit IMO, he’s slimmed down and toned up. Like I said before he doesn’t need to add size, would be better off just getting as fit and powerful as possible. If he could add just a step of pace he could be a really really damaging third tall type. Think Gunston.

Smokey for the leadership group.
I don't even think he's a smokey - leadership group at Crows, clearly and easily best 22, does a lot of organisational work down back and a senior member of the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he was made VC.

Schache definitely looks in the best shape he has since he arrived by quite a bit IMO, he’s slimmed down and toned up. Like I said before he doesn’t need to add size, would be better off just getting as fit and powerful as possible. If he could add just a step of pace he could be a really really damaging third tall type. Think Gunston.

Without any idea of what gets said at training - but surely they must be into him about his attack on the footy.

Even though he was about 10kg overweight, and had goalkicking yips, Josh Bruce kept his place in the team in 2020 purely from his attack on the aerial footy which brought other players into the contest. Sigh, if only we could bottle part of that and force-feed into Shaq!

Without any idea of what gets said at training - but surely they must be into him about his attack on the footy.

Even though he was about 10kg overweight, and had goalkicking yips, Josh Bruce kept his place in the team in 2020 purely from his attack on the aerial footy which brought other players into the contest. Sigh, if only we could bottle part of that and force-feed into Shaq!
Chris Grant pretty much said it publicly. Schache just isn’t naturally that guy.

I agree. It feels like the group know they’re good enough. No nonsense this preseason. No excuses this year.

I do hope you are right. Height in defence and quality of the talls is my concern. But luck with injury (we must be due, does it work that way?) and the future will be so bright we will have to wear shades ( nice original turn of phrase by me)

I think I’m in the minority here but I would have much preferred Schache in the team than 2020 Bruce. Bruce was a net negative on the team more often than not, at least when Shaches bad he’s just invisible, not physically making us a worse team.

it’s not his job to crash packs, he’s not that sort of player and we’ve got enough who can do that. He needs to provide an option consistently, spread the defence and convert his opportunities when he gets them.

I think he gets a raw deal around here, he’s not naturally great in the contest but I’ve never seen him squib one

Remove this Banner Ad

Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back