News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if this belongs in here, but membership arrived today, can't wait for the season ahead!!

Concerned about Smith's injury, he emerged as a really important member of the team last year, and wouldn't want him out too much. How's Bird tracking?

The Swans did their player portraits a few days ago. Here's a selection of them:

http://images.slatterymedia.com/pho... - Sydney Swans Player Portraits&sub_code=all

My out-there conspiracy theory:
  • McVeigh's portrait is the only one facing sideways. i.e. he's looking forwards, he's forward looking, he's the one to lead us forward, he's going to be our new co-captain.

How is looking sideways looking forward grim?

Looks more to me like a side portrait as he sits on the bench.

I hope we don't have co-captains, it's stupid. All the captain does call a coin toss and hold the cup aloft.

I was intrigued by this conspiracy theory amongst other things, so rang the club with the following questions regarding the player portraits:

Q) Why is Jesse White's photo so obviously designed to highlight his cartoons?
A) He wanted it that way and the photographer didn't feel like arguing

Q) Why is McVeigh facing sideways?
A) He had an unsightly blemish on his cheek where he prematurely attacked a blind pimple

Q) What's with Mal's hair?
A) Excellent question

Q) I have a Mona Lisa smile
A) Who is Shane Mumford?

Q) Rhyce Shaw looks interesting...
A) He's playing an extra in the next series of Underbelly, what's your friggin' problem?

Q) Ahhh, when's training?
A) No open sessions...ever again.

How is looking sideways looking forward grim?

Looks more to me like a side portrait as he sits on the bench.

I hope we don't have co-captains, it's stupid. All the captain does call a coin toss and hold the cup aloft.

Wow...

A captain is so much more than that.

Stewie Dew is apparently engaged to Sarah Cumming from the 7 News.

Respect to Stewie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He lost his last hottie to Topher Grace, didn't he? I hope he keeps Sarah Cumming.

Respect to you for such stellar wordplay.

And yeh I think Dew was with Teresa Palmer. How he managed to pull her and Cumming is just so far beyond me.

Depends if he puts on weight all over his body I guess.

Stewie's CV is up there with the best going from those 2.

Can only imagine how much attention a club like ours would get if it were a Melbourne club.

Like McVeigh's comments, bit of bite behind those words.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back