Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

PXL_20220708_024401809.jpg

PXL_20220708_024500016.MP.jpg

PXL_20220708_024542268.MP.jpg

sosos Mate, as much as I hate the Pratt Stand going, after seeing your photo I had to go round for a look. It looks sensational from the outside. Unmistakenably Carlton. Proud, brash, bold. Going to be wonderful standing out the front of that monogram pissed as a newt singing Stand By Your Man after flag number #17

Bloody hell, that looks incredible.

I'm out of the loop entirely, what are we upgrading?

The $42 million project will see the Pratt Stand demolished and replaced by a new match-day pavilion containing AFLW changerooms, an indoor training facility and new floodlights to allow for night games, removing the need for temporary lighting which has been used for previous games.

The existing training and administration building will also be refurbished and upgraded to provide AFLW and AFL players and staff access to the same facilities and resources, reinforcing a culture of gender equality throughout the club.

Not sure I want them to, but I'm guessing AFLW will put some moniker up as well. I found this image on their website. All I can say is "ick"

1658303162754.png

Not sure I want them to, but I'm guessing AFLW will put some moniker up as well. I found this image on their website. All I can say is "ick"

View attachment 1451375
Why would the AFLW brand go up in the building?

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hilarious that the community has allowed us to install lights. Just an amazing turn around.

Im not sure they were even consulted. This might have been approved by the state/local gov without it being required.

6. PUBLIC NOTIFICATION

The Minister for Planning has referred the application to the City of Melbourne and City of Yarra in accordance with the provisions of Section 20(5) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The applicant also invited surrounding property owners/occupiers to public briefing sessions intended for March and April 2020. These were subsequently cancelled due to the current public health crisis and the Victorian Government’s later declaration of a state of emergency. No further public notice of the proposed amendment was carried out by the applicant or required by DELWP

Also Notes

7.2 Broadcast Lighting Management Plan

Prior to the operation of broadcast lighting the on the land a Broadcast Lighting Management Plan (BLMP) must be approved by the Responsible Authority. For the purposes of this control, broadcast lighting is lighting displayed at sufficient lux to support television broadcast. The BLMP must address the following matters to the satisfaction of the Responsible Authority:

(a) The maximum number of days per annum that broadcast lighting may be operated on the land. Except with the written consent of the Responsible Authority, the BLMP may not authorise broadcast lighting to be operated on the land on more than 12 occasions in any one calendar year.
(b) Except with the written consent of the Responsible Authority, Broadcast Lighting may not be operated later than 11pm on any day.
(c) A maintenance schedule

7.3.Industrial Design
 The proposed light towers must comply with Australian / New Zealand Standard 4282-2019 (Control of the obtrusive effects of outdoor lighting).
 All ground lighting must also comply with the City of Melbourne’s lighting standards.
 Following the installation of ground lighting, a post-occupancy assessment demonstrating compliance with the aforementioned standards must be submitted for further assessment. This report must be prepared by a suitably qualified individual and at the expense of the applicant.
 The light towers would need to be a minimum height of 45 metres to avoid glare into surrounding residential areas.
 All lights should be turned off by 11pm on event / game days.
 On the basis training and broadcast lighting levels differ, all ground lights must be dimmable.

ref: https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/ab...ents/914/16242/AUG20 FMC2 AGENDA ITEM 6.1.pdf

On the outside. It's just my assumption, because a lot of the money came from funding for the "home of AFLW".

Thankfully the only branding will be Carlton branding. Outside of other teams using the rooms on matchday, it's all exclusive for Carlton use.

Was very lucky to get a look at the new facilities this morning and wow, it is amazing. They are basically putting the finishing touches on everything in the main museum/cafe area. The large training area is getting very close as well, looks like the floor is mostly installed, huge space.

Great variety of memorabilia on display and a mixture of analogue and digital interactive items.

Going to be a great place to visit for Carlton supporters of all ages.

So excited to see it when it opens and how everyone interacts with it all.

disingenuous questions lead to less than genuine responses.............

Absolutely nothing disingenuous about it. I have never seen the AFL logo on a stadium so I wasn't sure why Princes Park would be any different with AFLW.

I'm wondering why you would assume there is some other motivation behind the question? Perhaps you're lumping me in with the poster I was quoting who didn't even know what the AFLW logo looked like? If you're assuming I'm not supportive of the AFLW or women playing footy, you couldn't be further from the truth. I was there for the lockout competition opener against the Pies and have hardly missed a Blues game in Melbourne since the competition started.

edit: forgot to mention that none of the renders had an AFLW logo on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back