PS2 NBA 2K7 at cdwow.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Xtreme said:
I checked the release date on a website and it was October 27
Just checked again a few minutes ago and it's now listed as November 2

:(

it was originally oct 20... went out to the shops to take a look with no luck...

argh not this again... waited an eternity for 2k6 for xbox to come out with the same delayed release dates crap...

coxon said:
it was originally oct 20... went out to the shops to take a look with no luck...

argh not this again... waited an eternity for 2k6 for xbox to come out with the same delayed release dates crap...
Torrents are your friend. ;)

I asked at EB yesterday and was told that it was out today on XDbox 360. I'm kind of thinking now that he got the dates mixed up but I'll go have a look anyway.

Blues4Life said:
I asked at EB yesterday and was told that it was out today on XDbox 360. I'm kind of thinking now that he got the dates mixed up but I'll go have a look anyway.

not entirely unbelievable. When i called EB he said "you're after nba live 2k7? We've got 7 copies here". Got me excited for no reason :(

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick of games not being released on time. No one has any ideas about it. Like all the crap games come out on time but the good ones i like, NBA Cricket Footy etc seem to always be delayed.. I mean just release when you say you are going to. ITS NOT THAT HARD, Its really false advertising really.

I'm with you Demon - from memory wasn't NBA 2K6 put back from a release date of around September/October, to something like February/March?

Terrible effort. Let's hope 2K7 is out this Friday - which is what I was told by my local EB, not that that means anything these days.

Also, does anyone know whether Aussie NBA 2K7 players will be able to play online against each other? Would be great if so... :thumbsu: but I'm worried it might only be for the US... :confused:

Release dates have become nothing but noise i have been told the release for 360 version was 18th 20th 24th then they said 26th to me yesterday when i went in to buy it... In terms of gameplay i downloaded the demo (4 min qtrs Dallas v Miami) Absolutely sensational i love the 2k series there is NOTHING that compares

so are u saying it should be out tomorrow. I dont care which one 2K7 or Live i just want one, so whichever one gets out first i will buy and im sure a lot of other people are the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon3 said:
so are u saying it should be out tomorrow. I dont care which one 2K7 or Live i just want one, so whichever one gets out first i will buy and im sure a lot of other people are the same.

Ive heard nothing but bad news from Live and I know from first hand experience 2k7 is an awesome game.
I would deffinately be waiting for Nba 2k7

Anyone know if NBA 2K7 will be available tomorrow as yet?

I phoned EB today (Thursday) and was told they are still expecting the release date to be tomorrow (Friday).

Having said that, they didn't have the game in store yet either. My expectation is the game will be pushed back again... and again... just like last years debacle which must have cost the publishers a fair bit of cash. :(

I went to a local games shop today and they said the release date is now 2nd November.

Also rang EB games - they don't have it. In fact they said "it didn't turn up". Whatever.

:thumbsdown:

thanks for the updates luke...

i've also been checking the xbox aus forums... and some have been told dates been pushed back to the 6th... or even 7th of nov... :thumbsdown:

No idea yet.. what a pity, eh? The buzz on this game has died down due to the postponed release dates.

Having said that, I'd still consider a purchase if it's released this week...

Also have no idea, the websites i check release dates for games still say November 2nd, but they can be rarely 'on the ball' and get the release dates wrong (usually the fault of the distributors not sending the game out) - and don't change the date until the listed date passes through.

I know one particular site listed NBA 2K7 as coming out in Jan '07, then switched to December, then October. They listed the day as October 19, then October 26 and now November 2. Bloody annoying hey!

As many others have said, the same thing went on with NBA 2K6 and that was a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG wait.

I'm still keen on the game, despite not playing any basketball titles seriously over the past few months (well i have recently played the original nba jam). Like many others i had become disinterested in the NBA Live series, i never really liked it that much, i only would play it for their occasional mini games (like the all star weekend - slam dunk & 3 point shootout - as we've seen in recent installments). What really annoyed me about the series were the camera angles, and the shooting animations... its hard for me to explain, but i didn't feel as though i was shooting the ball (because of how dodgy the shooting animation variations were).

My first forray into the 2K series was NBA 2K5, loved it (even though i spent more time playing the 24-7 mode than i did use the association/season mode).

My favorite basketball game aside from Double Dribble on the nes is Total NBA '97 on the psx. I thought that game was a great basketball experience.

Xtreme said:
My favorite basketball game aside from Double Dribble on the nes is Total NBA '97 on the psx. I thought that game was a great basketball experience.
I remember that one - that was actually very, very good - wasn't it? :thumbsu:

I just phoned my local EB games - they're now saying the 8th November is the release date. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

PS2 NBA 2K7 at cdwow.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back