PSD - Fergus Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Flashhh

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
After St.Kilda delisting Watts i think we should go for him to help in the replacement of Neitz. He is a good size and him with Newton in the forward line... thoughts?

After St.Kilda delisting Watts i think we should go for him to help in the replacement of Neitz. He is a good size and him with Newton in the forward line... thoughts?

It's an option, although I am worried as to why he was delisted after only 2 years, especially with Gehrig and Hamill retiring.

No point filling our forward line with 2nd rate players.....bailey has thrown his support behind miller. Go back and have a look at the early rounds of 05 when brad miller was killing it....if dean bailey can get his confidence back then our CHF problem will be solved. He needs to get back to the fitness and confidence levels which saw him leading and marking up to the wing...like what chris tarrent was very good at doing....then bombing it long or hitting a tartget within goal kicking distance. Ferguc Watts can head back to collegians and play there.....about his standard.

It's an option, although I am worried as to why he was delisted after only 2 years, especially with Gehrig and Hamill retiring.
Broke his leg at the start of 2006 but was never given much of a shot. Also i think Brad Miller will be used as a backman leaving Bate to be a Travis Cloke like lead up forward and then Newton as the main man. If we can pick up Watts in the pre-season draft for free then surely its an option... We need three talls in our forward line and unless Paul Johnson improves massively then we are looking for someone to go with Bate and Newton.

Depends on wat other players nominate for the PSD, if we have room on the list he wudnt b the worst depth player goin round.

Tenace has the pace we need and if we can improve his kicking we'll a handy midfielder on our hands. If we can't then we can delist him in a year or two and won't have lost anything as I doubt there will be anything much better at #3 in the PSD.

Tenace has the pace we need and if we can improve his kicking we'll a handy midfielder on our hands. If we can't then we can delist him in a year or two and won't have lost anything as I doubt there will be anything much better at #3 in the PSD.

I would prefer Tenace over Watts but I don't think he'll be delisted. The only real reason he's so popular though is because of his pace. But that is just what we need.

According to The Age, Melbourne are after Tenace, but Geelong want to hold on to him. Won't take too much convincing for him to realise he'll play more senior footy with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Vogels (delisted by swans) would be my pick way b4 watts. at 194cms he has the makings as a key position forward but can also play down back...perhaps another Brad Miller?

Luke Vogels (delisted by swans) would be my pick way b4 watts. at 194cms he has the makings as a key position forward but can also play down back...perhaps another Brad Miller?
hmmm would still want watts though... if guys like wheatley warrant a spot on the list then surely he does. He is tall and can jump

fair point...i don't know why Bailey didn't give him the flick! I just wonder why StKilda delisted him when the G-Train has hung up his boots.

hmmm would still want watts though... if guys like wheatley warrant a spot on the list then surely he does. He is tall and can jump

Ignorant comment about Wheatley. He may not be the best player on the list but he showed in the second half of the season that he is more than worthy of a spot on our list.

fair point...i don't know why Bailey didn't give him the flick! I just wonder why StKilda delisted him when the G-Train has hung up his boots.
Thats what i dont get and its not like he hadnt been performing at VFL... he kicked 7 in the last game someone was saying.

And as for Wheatley i mean really.... he is only good for supergoals outside 50 in the nab cup. he is a fringe player at his absolute best.

Whats with all the Wheatly bagging.. one of our better kicks in the team...
and he'll be doing the kicking out in 2008... as he deserves to be.

cant believe people dont rate the guy.

I like the look of Vogels to be honest. Watts, meh - it was just a trumped up f**k you to SA when the Saints took him.

Remove this Banner Ad

PSD - Fergus Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back