Public vs Private School funding

Remove this Banner Ad

then why are they throwing money at private schools? that must bother you too surely?
They should get some funding but it's it needs to be less.

On a side note I don't get why our school employs a chaplain..
1. Religion should have no place in a public school
2. I have no idea what the the guy actually does that's actually useful
3. He comes across as a bit of a weirdo

Needs to be instantly fired and that money put towards another special needs staff member.

Needs to be instantly fired and that money put towards another special needs staff member.
absolutely! "secular" is in the education act but religious crank Abbott saw that this was over ridden. You are dead right. Most of them are weirdos. Goes with the job. Abbott also refused to allow schools to use the funding to upgrade to a qualified professional counsellor. They had to be God botherers. FFS

That's a whole can of worms going back a fair while.

absolutely! "secular" is in the education act but religious crank Abbott saw that this was over ridden. You are dead right. Most of them are weirdos. Goes with the job. Abbott also refused to allow schools to use the funding to upgrade to a qualified professional counsellor. They had to be God botherers.
I see that it's funded from grants that schools get so at least it's not from our budget but still a waste of taxpayer money.

emerging discussion around pvt school sports/arts facilities that have received public funding to be made available to the general public ...... this is a fantastic suggestion

lets see how the wealthy elite worm their way out of this one :drunk:

AS
emerging discussion around pvt school sports/arts facilities that have received public funding to be made available to the general public ...... this is a fantastic suggestion

I think most schools already rent out their basketball courts and mixed use halls for an income.

AS

I think most schools already rent out their basketball courts and mixed use halls for an income.
only caught snippets of the conversation on abc melb radio ....... appears the suggestion included access to sporting fields and was limited to out-of hours availability which is fair enough

nevertheless, if this gains traction the following should apply:

1. management and administration of out-of-hour access overseen by a committee/org comprising school and local council
2. out-of-hours access must comply with the law (eg - no religious bans on lgbtqi+ ..... etc etc)
2. access fees modelled on not-for-profit community facilities - this is not a profit making venture for schools to double dip on the capital investment
3. all proceeds be distributed according to the overall investment breakdown - if public $ funded 70% of the build/fit out then its share of the fees should be 70%

Last edited:

I think the discussion you're referring to is this one: ABC link. From what I can see they are only referring to opening public school green spaces/outdoor playgrounds for after hours access.

Remove this Banner Ad

Public vs Private School funding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back