Media PugMedia - Congatulations to the man, the legend and SFA favourite KohPhi on 300 SFA games

Remove this Banner Ad

May 19, 2014
Earth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It was Season 21 when I landed in Abdu and quickly formed a bond with teammates KohPhi and the dearly departed miggs. This thread isn't about me. I can hear miggs saying this isn't about you Pugsley. This thread isn't about me. It is about a bloke that has always been a constant and loyal to Baghdad.

KohPhi represents what Baghdad is about. A TFLUA winner and three time premiership player. He is a great teammate to have around and play against with his witty, sharp banter. KohPhi embraces all of those around him whether it be rookies, veterans or opponents. They soon know he is a lovable, effervescent character and people are drawn to him instantly.

A couple of teammates have provided insight into what it is like taking the field with KohPhi

Jabba73 had this to say:

Well, who would have thought that the person responsible for the KohPhi video collection would make it this far? The guy has a better teflon coating than a set of Jamie Oliver cookware ... and has been used more times too.

A Baghdad stalwart, his only failings appear to be a reluctance to post regularly in match threads and the amount of opposition posters who seem to like his rare and always welcome contributions.

Congratulations on making the milestone, your guidance to the regular batch of rookies in the team PM is as invaluable as your sage advice to the LG during some of the more complicated discussions.

The other rascal of our great team BLUEALLTHRU had this to say about the great man:

It's a pity I wasn't around to witness KohPhi in full flight.

What I do know is just how highly he is held internally within the four walls of Baghdad.

His exploits are legendary and what he's managed to get away with, wouldn't be possible in the current day!

True Baghdad legend and although he doesn't post much anymore, he's an absolute jet. He helped put Baghdad on the map!

Go well KohPhi and I love running out there each Sunday arvo with you.

Both are great, accurate descriptions of what it is like to take the field with the legend each week.

I still remember a photo we had after a Baghdad win in Season 21. It is still on my mantlepiece

twinning.gif

Go well my good friend, you deserve every accolade you have achieved. We all love you.

Last edited:
KohPhi in his prime was unstoppable. A man with a gif for every occasion, no matter how freaky or painful. The Bombers were at their best during his tenure as captain, and I'm glad to have been mentored in the ways of the league by him back in my rookie days.

Congrats on the triple century, Fly Guy. Here's to seeing you back as a regular poster.

It was Season 21 when I landed in Abdu and quickly formed a bond with teammates KohPhi and the dearly departed miggs. This thread isn't about me. I can hear miggs saying this isn't about you Pugsley. This thread isn't about me. It is about a bloke that has always been a constant and loyal to Baghdad.

KohPhi represents what Baghdad is about. A TFLUA winner and three time premiership player. He is a great teammate to have around and play against with his witty, sharp banter. KohPhi embraces all of those around him whether it be rookies, veterans or opponents. They soon know he is a lovable, effervescent character and people are drawn to him instantly.

A couple of teammates have provided insight into what it is like taking the field with KohPhi

Jabba73 had this to say:

Well, who would have thought that the person responsible for the KohPhi video collection would make it this far? The guy has a better teflon coating than a set of Jamie Oliver cookware ... and has been used more times too.

A Baghdad stalwart, his only failings appear to be a reluctance to post regularly in match threads and the amount of opposition posters who seem to like his rare and always welcome contributions.

Congratulations on making the milestone, your guidance to the regular batch of rookies in the team PM is as invaluable as your sage advice to the LG during some of the more complicated discussions.

The other rascal of our great team BLUEALLTHRU had this to say about the great man:

It's a pity I wasn't around to witness KohPhi in full flight.

What I do know is just how highly he is held internally within the four walls of Baghdad.

His exploits are legendary and what he's managed to get away with, wouldn't be possible in the current day!

True Baghdad legend and although he doesn't post much anymore, he's an absolute jet. He helped put Baghdad on the map!

Go well KohPhi and I love running out there each Sunday arvo with you.

Both are great, accurate descriptions of what it is like to take the field with the legend each week.

I still remember a photo we had after a Baghdad win in Season 21. It is still on my mantlepiece

View attachment 2121242

Go well my good friend, you deserve every accolade you have achieved. We all love you.

300 is a flipping lot. Congrats KohPhi

Analyze These
  • KohPhi was recruited to Baghdad in S21
IMG_5648.jpeg
  • Premiership player and Baghdad Best & Fairest in S23 and S24
IMG_5600.jpeg
  • Stand-in Captain of the S24 Premiership team and stand alone Captain in S25 and S26
IMG_7354.gif
  • 2nd most games ever for Baghdad - 300 (only behind iDon 587)
IMG_5076.jpeg
  • Top 20 posters of all time in the beez
IMG_9659.gif
  • Created the iDon Baghdad Bombers Hall of Fame in S25
IMG_4295.jpeg
  • Kohphi Defenders Award named in his honour in S32
IMG_5667.jpeg
  • Member of the Gentlemen’s Club
IMG_5647.jpeg

#nightprowl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KohPhi I’ve never looked at a chicken the same. I refuse to watch dirty dancing because i can’t get that scene out of my head! You ruined my innocence and for that I’m eternally grateful. Congratulations on 300 games

I don't eat watermelon for the same reason. This is why I love KohPhi. He helps make food choices.

KohPhi in his prime was unstoppable. A man with a gif for every occasion, no matter how freaky or painful. The Bombers were at their best during his tenure as captain, and I'm glad to have been mentored in the ways of the league by him back in my rookie days.

Congrats on the triple century, Fly Guy. Here's to seeing you back as a regular poster.

200w-61.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Media PugMedia - Congatulations to the man, the legend and SFA favourite KohPhi on 300 SFA games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back