Rumour Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

To anyone calling for us to go with Nike: have a look at the mess they’ve made of Carlton’s guernseys this year. Iron on numbers for an elite sporting club is pretty pathetic.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And sponsors. It's horrible. Not only that, there seems to be too much length over the back and shoulders that makes the back of the arm holes stick up. If that makes sense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least the eagle head is actually centred on the jumper!

Not off to the side like now.

Mind you still better than the rubbish on 2006 jumper where it looks like the eagle wasn't cut properly along the edge and white bits were left and glued on during a collage class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who follows soccer, fans dread anyone sponsoring them apart from Nike or addidas. Puma is know for not being particularly creative. If we had Nike, guarantee we would get a spectacular jumper along traditional line. They take this sort of thing seriously.

As someone who follows soccer, fans dread anyone sponsoring them apart from Nike or addidas. Puma is know for not being particularly creative. If we had Nike, guarantee we would get a spectacular jumper along traditional line. They take this sort of thing seriously.

this is not soccer tho. There's so much ****ing money at stake in soccer. AFL sponsoring is not even a second or third thought for them. As a few mentioned above, their work is pretty average for the blues and they only have one club to take care off. Puma on the other hand has been with us for 30 years and probably failed once but have been to notch for so long. ISC will look like shite tbh.

Being a big club we need to be a bit more creative and approach someone like underarmour.

this is not soccer tho. There's so much ******* money at stake in soccer. AFL sponsoring is not even a second or third thought for them. As a few mentioned above, their work is pretty average for the blues and they only have one club to take care off. Puma on the other hand has been with us for 30 years and probably failed once but have been to notch for so long. ISC will look like shite tbh.

Being a big club we need to be a bit more creative and approach someone like underarmour.

Yes yes it's not soccer but both are sports.

I have not seen anything from puma makes you think "that's clever". Soccer or otherwise. All fairly basic stuff.

I have not seen anything from puma makes you think "that's clever". Soccer or otherwise. All fairly basic stuff.
difference is that soccer teams change their kit every season and there's a need/demand to look clever. In footy there's no such thing. keeping it simple often yields in better jumpers. In footy quality is keys. Puma don't try to experiment like ISC and etc do and their work looks end up being so much better.
give me quality over creativeness any day.

Its the clubs responsibility to be creative with their jumper and design and its the manufactures responsibility to finish off the clubs work.

If this is the result of being "clever" then I'll stick with a dumb jumper manufacturer thanks

707d83de7d782a1cad72095bc7fa5a14

Have you watched a single Carlton game this year?

Their jerseys look like someone ran to kmart, bought the generic jumper and ironed on the numbers and sponsors.

People overthink this stuff, who cares who makes it as long as it looks good, only issue with the ISC gear are how they'll make the shoulders work, I still have no idea why the crows have those awkward yellow patches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The jumpman logo on anything but basketball gear? Lel

I take it you didn't watch the Golovkin-Alvarez fight earlier today, or college football. Starting this season they'll feature on the Charlotte Hornets' gear too, clearly a brand looking to expand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back