Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Where is the love for Misfits and Dead Kennedys

The love for the Clash

Lets get it on in here

I honestly think Static Age by the Misfits is the best punk album ever

Very broad genre. Over the journey have listened to Ramones, GG Allin, Antiseen, Poison Idea, Toy Dolls, Cockney Rejects, **** Sparrer, Misfits, Chaos UK, Agnostic Front, Rupture, Mob 47, Conflict, Extreme Noise Terror, Special Duties, Oxymoron, Circle Jerks, Discharge,The Business, Vice Squad, Abrasive Wheels, The Varukers, The Exploited, The Macc Lads, Blitz, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion etc etc.

The Clash were the best of the punk era bands.

They were more of a punk rock band though, their two biggest hits were more rock than punk.

Reckon you’d like a bit of the material from Stiff Little Fingers and Angelic Upstarts.

Punk is alive and well, there are plenty of great new punk bands to discover and enjoy. One of the great things about Spotify is what it throws at you that you'd never find on your own. I was listening to a fair bit of punk on it because I went to a couple of punk themed festivals and wanted to listen to the bands beforehand. Here's five bands I absolutely love that I'd never even heard of a year ago.

Local band Downgirl who I've seen live twice recently:

Another local band I've seen, The Owen Guns, do a fantastic left-wing cover of a right-wing anthem from Romper Stomper:

Then there's Private Wives and a song comprised almost entirely of Tinder comments from sleazy guys:

I'd love to see these girls:

... and these guys from Glasgow:

do like the misfits and exploited. found my way to punk backwards via grindcore/death metal though as i was nowhere near it and not yet alive in its heyday. have lately sought newer and local stuff out. amongst others.

do like crossover and others

Remove this Banner Ad

Back