Politics Q and A audience tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
1. Catherine Deveny should never be allowed near a media outlet ever again. If I wanted someone shouting bumper sticker slogans at me, I'd re-enrol in uni.

2. The smarmy, arrogant lefties who were essentially laughing at Jensen need a smack around the chops. Show some respect you little terds. (And I disagree with everything Jensen stands for).

3. Tony Jones, reign them in. At times this year, the show has become unwatchable. Waffling barely coherent guests, bullying audiences and halfwit questioners.

2. The smarmy, arrogant lefties who were essentially laughing at Jensen need a smack around the chops. Show some respect you little terds. (And I disagree with everything Jensen stands for).

During Q & A, it's usually the latte' sipping lefties who boo like the mules of the wilderness. You don't hear the conservatives jeer at a panelist fighting for the freedom to abort; their moral repulsion is usually introverted.

Regardless of how you felt on any of the issues spoken about tonight, you must have sheer admiration for Peter Jensen's composure he showed tonight. This man stands for what he believes and lives it out accordingly. He was bullied and patronised by an utterly disrespectful and uneducated member of society.

Regardless of how you felt on any of the issues spoken about tonight, you must have sheer admiration for Peter Jensen's composure he showed tonight. This man stands for what he believes and lives it out accordingly. He was bullied and patronised by an utterly disrespectful and uneducated member of society.

Couldnt disagree with Jensen any strongly, but he handled himself with class and dignity.

Deveney is the left wing Andrew Bolt. A simplistic 'thinker' who reduces everything to bumper sticker slogans.

Like Bolt, she contributes nothing to a reasoned debate and is only cheered on by those who agree with her.

Deveney is the left wing Andrew Bolt. A simplistic 'thinker' who reduces everything to bumper sticker slogans.

Like Bolt, she contributes nothing to a reasoned debate and is only cheered on by those who agree with her.

She's a stupid cow. Hope she gets sent to an unauthorised abattoir in Indonesia and dealt with accordingly.

I use to watch this show because you'd get a feel for what the guest polly was about, as someone who would never vote liberal I came to respect Turnbull and his sorte into politics actually being noble. I saw Rudd admit on q@a that the destruction of Libya was about oil security and so on.

But it got over run by social do gooders who have no idea about human rights and audience questions that were "how fracking smart am I on telly asking these famous people these questions". Especially the misrepresentation of events to make the questions more image building.

No one ever asks about Abbotts cabinet being mostly Howard era and that alot more people are seeking Howard for war crimes with his mates Bush and Blair. No one ever asks will we ever be a peacfull nation again that doesn't infringe military on others for purposes of greed, do they? they have the oppotunity every week.

The most hate was on the gay issues.

I'd like to challenge that the more radical gays are actually left wing, I think they're simply using the left to run their messages

We won't be used in this way, thanks very much

On the other hand lots of christians are true left wing because its obvious christ was.
I know which group I'd rather mix with, and I'm not particularly religious

I stopped watching when tweets started coming up on the screen (that, and the fact my house was without a TV for a number of months probably got me out of the routine of watching it... still) - Who are these tweeters? Who is choosing what tweets get broadcast? We are not privvy to such information and that makes it dangerous - It reaks of agenda, even if for the most part the agenda aligned with my political bias...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Catherine Deveny should never be allowed near a media outlet ever again. If I wanted someone shouting bumper sticker slogans at me, I'd re-enrol in uni.

3. Tony Jones, reign them in. At times this year, the show has become unwatchable. Waffling barely coherent guests, bullying audiences and halfwit questioners.
Whoooooa!!
Now that is Aphorism Overload!!!
(Reference point 1.!!)

It seems every time I switch over to this show the topic is 'boat people', and last night was no different. The same arguments are repeated ad nauseam from both sides of the spectrum, it's tedious to the extreme (but this is probably a discussion for another thread). The inclusion of tweets in the broadcast only serves to further lower the quality of the show.

During Q & A, it's usually the latte' sipping lefties who boo like the mules of the wilderness. You don't hear the conservatives jeer at a panelist fighting for the freedom to abort; their moral repulsion is usually introverted.

I have got to say as far as good manners and sober reactions is concerned the conservatives beat the lefties hands down. Deveny should change her name to "Captain Obvious"

For some reason I very much doubt that.

But yes OP Catherine Deveney had nothing of depth to say, just another unfunny feminist comedian.

And I have to say I did find it hilariously ironic that the shadow minister for mental health, Concetta F wells, is a rather evidently fundamentalist Christian.

How is that ironic at all? Good to see you're accepting of other people's beliefs :thumbsu:

I fully accept another persons beliefs right up until the point that they try to use those beliefs to restrict mine or the people I love and hold dear rights and opportunities. At that point I choose to call the hateful old homophobes for what they are and ridicule their absurd beliefs, many of which aren't that much different to the delusions of full blown schizophrenics :)

I fully accept another persons beliefs right up until the point that they try to use those beliefs to restrict mine or the people I love and hold dear rights and opportunities. At that point I choose to call the hateful old homophobes for what they are and ridicule their absurd beliefs, many of which aren't that much different to the delusions of full blown schizophrenics :)

Pretty much this. If she is as fundamental as she came across in her tag teaming with Peter Jansen, there is every chance she believes things that happened in the bible literally, and thus has no place being in mental health services, let alone a senator for said service.

catherine deveney with her rants, made you feel sorry for jensen, and start to feel sympathetic for the old guy having to put up with her, tony jones should have known better and tried to reign her in , he came across as cheering her on, he needs to make sure his guests are respected by the other panelists not belittled or people will switch off

Fundamentalists like Jenson are not trying to restrict your beliefs or freedoms in anyway (unless you hold a Christian belief that is). It's like if I play for Sydney and you play for Collingwood and I tell you during play to kick or handball to me. You're fighting for a different cause, you would never pass the ball to me willingly. Similarly, you are on a different team to Jensen. You hold completely different values and ethics in life. He is not trying to condemn your beliefs but merely trying to educate you about how he perceives life... his own opinion which he is fully entitled to.
Thus, being cynical and sardonic towards other people's views is completely contradictory and hypocritical of the basic tenets of your own beliefs

What people fail to realise about Q&A is that it is less about identifying the "right" and "ethical" standpoint of different issues and more about having mutual respect and to a lesser extent, appreciation for the multiplicity of views on offer in our society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Q and A audience tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back