QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

How many clubs did Pine Rivers approach to get players on permit?

I know dozens of blokes from a variety of clubs who missed out at the selection table this week and would have been happy to suit up via permit. Especially for an ANZAC Day clash!

Bizarre stuff

Will be interesting to see if the Pirates have the depth then if they seem to be missing a few more with injury.. Do you blokes think they'll be playing in September?

How many clubs did Pine Rivers approach to get players on permit?

I know dozens of blokes from a variety of clubs who missed out at the selection table this week and would have been happy to suit up via permit. Especially for an ANZAC Day clash!

Bizarre stuff
Good point Thommo, permits..it was mentioned on here that they had 14 Seniors, meaning 8 further players required..double ups, retirees, permit players...yet they produced a very, very strong ressies team on Friday night. Surely 6-8 guys could've thrown the gear on again? Plenty of us have played in teams that only had 20 players etc...

The Captain left this week and rumours running rife that the no-show was always going to happen so maybe he wasn't supportive and chose to play football....elsewhere.

Forfeit 2's if necessary not 1's. If getting 44 players is impossible when you have 8 unavailable then a QAFA A licence isn't justified. All the other games went ahead.

Will be interesting to see if the Pirates have the depth then if they seem to be missing a few more with injury.. Do you blokes think they'll be playing in September?
Will be like all clubs with injuries,how long players are out for and if they can win those games when undermanned.....from all reports pirates recruited well so would think better depth than last year....should go close....

ANZACS.PNG ANZACS.PNG

The SUNS wish to thank our hosts Beenleigh for the game on ANZAC day, great surface great atmosphere.

It was an honor to be involved in community football on such an occasion

A day to commemorate our fallen diggers. “Lest We Forget" immortalised in the Australian Physcie

Whilst we were fortunate enough to be victorious there has always been something special about playing Beenleigh.

The game was played in good spirits and we look forward to hosting Beenleigh in the second round. Once again Thank you
ANZACS.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 128047 View attachment 128047

The SUNS wish to thank our hosts Beenleigh for the game on ANZAC day, great surface great atmosphere.

It was an honor to be involved in community football on such an occasion

A day to commemorate our fallen diggers. “Lest We Forget" immortalised in the Australian Physcie

Whilst we were fortunate enough to be victorious there has always been something special about playing Beenleigh.

The game was played in good spirits and we look forward to hosting Beenleigh in the second round. Once again Thank you
View attachment 128047

Well said Benny

is there a guy playing for Beenleigh wearing boardies?

Also, piss weak from the Swans. I hope the fine is double, and half goes to Redcliffe for the lost revenue

QAFL_Fan - why is it piss weak that for a week the swans tried to discuss with redcliffe about the predictament they found themselves in?? Even asked to re-schedule the game to next week when both teams had byes... If anyone if piss weak its the aflq league for not stepping in and making sure something was done before the sat morning...

It's piss weak because its not a surprise that it was ANZAC Day, why did they spend all week and not all month?

Why didn't they forfeit ressies instead of seniors?

Why didn't they contact other clubs to get players on permit?

Why should Redcliffe forfeit the right (and honour) to host an ANZAC Day clash?

Apologies I forgot you have mates in aflq - actually maybe your sources from the league can tell you what happened and you can enlighten everyone

Apologies I forgot you have mates in aflq - actually maybe your sources from the league can tell you what happened and you can enlighten everyone
I'm sure you could of forfeited the reserve grade game, and fielded a side in the Seniors... At the end of the day, the Swans thought they would be stubborn and make life difficult and forfit on the day. Reserve grade wins must be held with alot of respect Strathpine ways!

And as easy as that, pine rivers have lost all respect that everyone had towards them.

I still can't comprehend that you couldn't get 18 players... I mean who wouldn't want to play on ANZAC Day? And if your reserves were too scared to play seniors or too sore that's embarrassing. It's the biggest occasion throughout the season!

Just stubbornous getting in the way of what the day is all about.

in the 2s, yep, move on, but not on in A grade IMO

Bigger things in life than one forfeited game of footy, and what are you saying len, never move on? Pretty sure what can be said has been said.

Bigger things in life than one forfeited game of footy, and what are you saying len, never move on? Pretty sure what can be said has been said.
Gotcha, sorry thought you meant an immediate action for Redcliffe would be to just accept it and move on. Needs to be appropriately handled at AFLQ level IMO and some sort of recompense made to Redcliffe from the late cancellation and loss of a home game.

But yes, in terms of this thread, probably all that needs to be said has been said

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back