QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not discounting the Suns at all mate, think obviously them and Viccy Point will be also up there. But can only comment as we play teams mate and what I seen of Kedron yesterday they would be equivalent to Bond last year or even better.

And speaking to a few people I know over there they expect 3 or 4 more players from Wilston Grange plus had a few out. So the Suns will have to be a lot better side than last year to get hold of them.

If you reckon Suns are a better side then there might not be much between them then mate.

All I know is we have a lot of hard work to do to get close to either side probably.

can say we did have a couple out on the weekend, but who are these Wilston Grange boys you speak of? wouldn't mind if it was true but definitely the first I've heard.

Wynnum played Cooly down the coast and got a bit of a touch up. game called off in the last qtr due to an all in. very young wyynum side running around the park on Saturday against the bigger bodied cooly guys. a lot of late hits and cheap shots.

Although only there a short time, I see Tyson Lane still left his mark.

can say we did have a couple out on the weekend, but who are these Wilston Grange boys you speak of? wouldn't mind if it was true but definitely the first I've heard.

You know what rumours are like keggers. But my source tells me a former Kedron player from the 80's has a couple of sons at Grange that are looking to head back to dads roots. Have they got a cousin playing there or something?

Is that any clues mate?

Wynnum played Cooly down the coast and got a bit of a touch up. game called off in the last qtr due to an all in. very young wyynum side running around the park on Saturday against the bigger bodied cooly guys. a lot of late hits and cheap shots.

Were you at the game 15 or is this a second hand report?? Just curious.
You are right Wynnum certainly does have a young team, especially since my retirement from the senior team!!
Was not there on the weekend but certainly cannot wait to hear the stories at training this week.

You are right Wynnum certainly does have a young team, especially since my retirement from the senior team!!
Was not there on the weekend but certainly cannot wait to hear the stories at training this week.

Must have been something in the water on the weekend, as I heard same sort of thing happened at the Buffs vs Chooks practice game?

Anyone confirm or deny rumours?

was there for the whole thing..

Must have been something in the water on the weekend, as I heard same sort of thing happened at the Buffs vs Chooks practice game?

Anyone confirm or deny rumours?

Cheers to Beenleigh for coming out for the run. Match was played in good spirit with nothing out of the unusual. Both teams stuck around afterwards for beers. All positive mate.

You know what rumours are like keggers. But my source tells me a former Kedron player from the 80's has a couple of sons at Grange that are looking to head back to dads roots. Have they got a cousin playing there or something?

Is that any clues mate?
Vass boys would be handy if that's who your talking about !

was there for the whole thing..

Fair enough, I was not at the game myself so i can only take my guys at their word, and that is there was a lot of cheap stuff off the ball and it was not all Wynnum's to blame either. I'll admit we are not angels but as you said we are a young smaller team, so hardly the type to be trying to throw in cheap shots really...especially against bigger guys!!
And my mail is it was a cooly guy who was sent off in one quarter for basically belting one of our players and then when he came back on decided he wanted to pick up his dirty play where he had left it off and our guy decided he had had a gutful and there you go! my understanding was that the cooly guy was the only guy sent off and has since been suspended??
As i said, was not at the game but that is the word down Viking way. Glad to hear it if you have a different perspective.

Fair enough, I was not at the game myself so i can only take my guys at their word, and that is there was a lot of cheap stuff off the ball and it was not all Wynnum's to blame either. I'll admit we are not angels but as you said we are a young smaller team, so hardly the type to be trying to throw in cheap shots really...especially against bigger guys!!
And my mail is it was a cooly guy who was sent off in one quarter for basically belting one of our players and then when he came back on decided he wanted to pick up his dirty play where he had left it off and our guy decided he had had a gutful and there you go! my understanding was that the cooly guy was the only guy sent off and has since been suspended??
As i said, was not at the game but that is the word down Viking way. Glad to hear it if you have a different perspective.
they (Cooly) had two guys sent off macman, one sent off with two yellow cards which in turn went to automatically red, then the other had a straight red card for belting a player in front of the umpire. I think part of the problem was that the incidents weren't knocked on the head from the start, ie rough conduct/ late incidents. if the umpires (not bagging them) had of been more proactive the game probably wouldn't have deteriorated to the level it did. There were some good passages of play from both sides, don't get me wrong. I think Wynnum will certainly be a much better side when they play more with one another. Cooly older stronger bodies wont be a pushover, but the competition in their division is a lot stronger.

how's doggy brown and the lads at Viccy Point going?? Aldridge still running around down there? must be his 10th club he's played for by now:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they (Cooly) had two guys sent off macman, one sent off with two yellow cards which in turn went to automatically red, then the other had a straight red card for belting a player in front of the umpire. I think part of the problem was that the incidents weren't knocked on the head from the start, ie rough conduct/ late incidents. if the umpires (not bagging them) had of been more proactive the game probably wouldn't have deteriorated to the level it did. There were some good passages of play from both sides, don't get me wrong. I think Wynnum will certainly be a much better side when they play more with one another. Cooly older stronger bodies wont be a pushover, but the competition in their division is a lot stronger.

Sorry but 2 x yellows do not automatically mean a Red Card. Technically you can get 5 yellow cards and still not get a Red. They might have been new umpires but I can assure you that the 2 x yellow = red is not applicable

Look to the Kedron v Suns game on Saturday at Yeronga, should be a cracker
Will really depend on who's available this week. I will say if kedron get up it will be a good win and the signs look good for the home and away.
Probably will need to check out the team sheet to see who's having a week off.

No problems #15, I have seen that happen many times before in other games. You original post just made Wynnum sound like the culprits and so just wanted to put the other side of the story. We have had a bit of player turn over and a new coach so we are slowly coming together. Not sure how we will go this season but we will certainly be giving it a good crack.
Doggy knows how to pull in players but tends to get some older guys who cant go the distance, so they can be up and down a bit but would expect them to be very competitive.

Sorry but 2 x yellows do not automatically mean a Red Card. Technically you can get 5 yellow cards and still not get a Red. They might have been new umpires but I can assure you that the 2 x yellow = red is not applicable
thanks for clarifying that Moro. But the umpire after seeing the incident pulled out a yellow then maybe after a bit of lip from the player changed it to a red...

No problems #15, I have seen that happen many times before in other games. You original post just made Wynnum sound like the culprits and so just wanted to put the other side of the story. We have had a bit of player turn over and a new coach so we are slowly coming together. Not sure how we will go this season but we will certainly be giving it a good crack.
Doggy knows how to pull in players but tends to get some older guys who cant go the distance, so they can be up and down a bit but would expect them to be very competitive.
nah Mac, couldn't be further from that, they certainly weren't the culprits. I think they were in a bit of shock with what was going on. prior to the game being called off the wynnum capt was from what I could see looking to have the game stopped anyway as he didn't want anymore of his players injured. very strong individual!

Good to see you still out and about Moro. Gong around again this year mate?

Will really depend on who's available this week. I will say if kedron get up it will be a good win and the signs look good for the home and away.
Probably will need to check out the team sheet to see who's having a week off.
a lot will depends on which club has had the quietest night on Friday...or had any sleep for that matter... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back