QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ipswich football club heirarchy have any backbone at all the 2 players responsible would be told to never come back. In 30 years of playing football it was the weakest most cowardly thing I've seen on a footy field and a lot of Ipswich people agreed.
As cowardly as that bloke from Redcliffe, who gave you a full blooded kick to the back whilst you were on your knees trying to get the ball a few years back? When you're participating in such a low level of footy, so low that any mug off the street can rock up with his boots and be given a game, every now and then you're going to get that type who just go out there to maim and bash so they can brag to their mates that they knocked some poor bastard out. Maybe the rule should be reviewed, where only fully paid up, registered members of the club, can play. Making up numbers with strangers off the street is asking for trouble. Not saying this was the case here but seen it plenty of times before where a guy has rocked up as a spectator only to be roped in to playing to make up numbers, regardless of whether he's ever played before or not. Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Hope the kids ok.

As cowardly as that bloke from Redcliffe, who gave you a full blooded kick to the back whilst you were on your knees trying to get the ball a few years back? When you're participating in such a low level of footy, so low that any mug off the street can rock up with his boots and be given a game, every now and then you're going to get that type who just go out there to maim and bash so they can brag to their mates that they knocked some poor bastard out. Maybe the rule should be reviewed, where only fully paid up, registered members of the club, can play. Making up numbers with strangers off the street is asking for trouble. Not saying this was the case here but seen it plenty of times before where a guy has rocked up as a spectator only to be roped in to playing to make up numbers, regardless of whether he's ever played before or not. Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Hope the kids ok.
Given his age, size and nature, yeah the worst, especially when it was 2 so called men ( in appearance only )

This league requires the ability to call on ring ins to survive so not sure that is the answer mate.

He's all good, ripping kid and took it like a champ.

Given his age, size and nature, yeah the worst, especially when it was 2 so called men ( in appearance only )

This league requires the ability to call on ring ins to survive so not sure that is the answer mate.

He's all good, ripping kid and took it like a champ.
Good to hear the kids ok and understand the ring in situation but at the very least, clubs should know a bit of background on a ring in before they throw him a jumper and ask him to represent their team.

Good to hear the kids ok and understand the ring in situation but at the very least, clubs should know a bit of background on a ring in before they throw him a jumper and ask him to represent their team.

To make clubs more accountable for whom they chose as ring- ins , clubs should be fined $1000 for every week suspended & then they might scrutinise more stringently who they pluck from the crowd or main bar

15 is the youngest a player can be to play senior footy, an he also turns 16 this year

Just a thought and by no means condoning what has appeared to have occurred but I know we always felt that the lower the standard of senior footy then obviously the lower the standard of reserve footy - and therefore not a great place for a kid to play. If he is as good as you say, then skip 2's footy and play senior footy where it is much more unlikely for him to get targeted.
Otherwise permit him out to a club closer by occasionally that has 17's playing in a higher grade.

To me it is a situation where clubs have to work with each other and trust each other that they will do the best by each other and especially the player. You dont want some knob getting in the kids ear trying to recruit him over permanently or you wont do it again but if the kid can play 6-8 17's games plus a balance in your senior side (assuming good enough) then it is a pretty good year of footy. Playing in the 2's is really a waste of time for a decent junior at that level as it is for anything below QAFL 2's imo.

Last edited:
Just a thought and by no means condoning what has appeared to have occurred but I know we always felt that the lower the standard of senior footy then obviously the lower the standard of reserve footy - and therefore not a great place for a kid to play. If he is as good as you say, then skip 2's footy and play senior footy where it is much more unlikely for him to get targeted.
Otherwise permit him out to a club closer by occasionally that has 17's playing in a higher grade.

I certainly agree with this Smy
But each kids circumstances vary
Personally I don't think he was or has been targeted per say. This was an isolated incident by two cowards trying to flex their muscles and they picked the smallest target they could find. The one playing on him was probably getting reemed by his coach and team mates due to a kid 10 years his junior making him look more stupid than he was, if possible, and decided that trying to be a hard man was his way of squaring the ledger.

I don't think he will do it again in a hurry though in my humble opinion.

I've seen reserves at the levels above and I wouldn't think that its any better , obviously the top clubs have a bit more depth but reserves anywhere is almost the same standard imo . He has played most the year in the seniors and coming back from a week off because of school footy. However the discussion was not about his playing ability it was about the incident that took place.

On another note " pirates would like to send the buffs all the support and love they need, loosing another club icon this season , testing times at the buffs but I'm sure robbo, kiwi and all the support staff at buffs will do there lost mates proud"

I certainly agree with this Smy
But each kids circumstances vary
Personally I don't think he was or has been targeted per say. This was an isolated incident by two cowards trying to flex their muscles and they picked the smallest target they could find. The one playing on him was probably getting reemed by his coach and team mates due to a kid 10 years his junior making him look more stupid than he was, if possible, and decided that trying to be a hard man was his way of squaring the ledger.

I don't think he will do it again in a hurry though in my humble opinion.
Sounds like there might have been a bit of footy Justice handed out.
It doesn't matter what grade or comp you play in. Shit behavior is still shit behavior and cannot be tolerated in any from.
We all take risks when we play but that's our choice.
But beaing bashed by two bloke's isn't one you sign up for irrelevant of age.
Just because your on a footy field does not give you the right to that.
So any talk about the lad playing ressies or any other grade is irrelevant.
Address the issue and deal with the problem at hand.

It doesn't matter what grade or comp you play in. Shit behavior is still shit behavior and cannot be tolerated in any from.
So how would you handle this issue outandabout ?

I've seen reserves at the levels above and I wouldn't think that its any better , obviously the top clubs have a bit more depth but reserves anywhere is almost the same standard imo . He has played most the year in the seniors and coming back from a week off because of school footy. However the discussion was not about his playing ability it was about the incident that took place.

On another note " pirates would like to send the buffs all the support and love they need, loosing another club icon this season , testing times at the buffs but I'm sure robbo, kiwi and all the support staff at buffs will do there lost mates proud"

Gee I recon NP that reserves footy at QAFL standard is significantly better than reserves footy at QAFA A standard! 2's footy is 2's footy but at the higher levels you dont find too many eggs who go out and assault others (kids or not).

Maybe not mate but a tad easier to defend yourself if you are 25yrs old and got a bit of meat on your bones..
I think its very relevant what grade he is playing bc it goes directly towards the element of risk. If he is a good player he will be able to protect himself when the opposition are playing within the laws of the game, but you cant protect against outright thuggery.
Like Morro said he wasnt usually playing this grade so just unfortunate but I dont think kids this age should play against men in this level of footy - ironically a lot safer playing a higher standard.
An on the other side of the coin I've never been one to use a birth certificate as an excuse as to "going easy" on a player. If you run across the line you are fair game no matter how old (or young) but within the spirit of the game.

So how would you handle this issue outandabout ?
I would simply request a hearing at aflq and hear what the culprits had to say.
From there an appropriate punishment should be handed down.
If no umpire has done anything don't let it go. You have rights and I would exercise them.
Many years ago I played and coached an indigenous side in Brisbane.
One bloke from the the opposition thought it was fine to call some of our players dirty black c****.
Not on and followed it through with aflq.
I suggested he come and train and play with us for a few weeks so we could educated him.
He didn't want to do that so I recommend we would be happy if he got 12 weeks.
Not sure he ever played again.
The point is if you feel it's just not on then follow it through. Umpires report or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ipswich football club heirarchy have any backbone at all the 2 players responsible would be told to never come back. In 30 years of playing football it was the weakest most cowardly thing I've seen on a footy field and a lot of Ipswich people agreed.
Back bone, what about the dog from the pirates that king hit one of the eagles off the ball?? I saw it all and if the pirates weren't so dirty for the entire game with head high hits and off the ball crap nothing would have escalated!
The other issue is that your club umpire was an absolute cheat, completely concede our clubby called in sick, so we had one cheating umpire not calling anything at all and when he did it was for the pirates, he caused that game to implode by allowing the pirates to not be pulled up for shitty tactics. We have already put in a complaint as that was the worst umpired game I've played in 30 years of footy

Back bone, what about the dog from the pirates that king hit one of the eagles off the ball?? I saw it all and if the pirates weren't so dirty for the entire game with head high hits and off the ball crap nothing would have escalated!
The other issue is that your club umpire was an absolute cheat, completely concede our clubby called in sick, so we had one cheating umpire not calling anything at all and when he did it was for the pirates, he caused that game to implode by allowing the pirates to not be pulled up for shitty tactics. We have already put in a complaint as that was the worst umpired game I've played in 30 years of footy
you weak prick, how the hell can you sit there and put a report in on a volunteer umpire when you didn't even supply an umpire or boundary umpire yourself?
shit look from a shit club and I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.
Bunch of mouthy goats in your peanut gallery also look like they have just left a methadone clinic.

Not sure what's going on these days.
We had an incident at our 17s game on the weekend.
A parent and a few players from another club thought it was a good idea to wait and belt up one of our players when he came out of the shed after the game.
His 12 year old brother went over to help him and they hit him too.
The incident has been reported to afl and the police.
Great example of an adult showing kids how not to behave.
It's a game of football and it's supposed to be fun.
Ban these people for life and clean up the whole bloody lot.
Wake up to yourselves and stop blaming other people for your actions.
It's you who is to blame and it's time to stop this behavior.
I'm saddened to keep hearing stories of what is quite simply deplorable behavior.

If your clubby called in sick, why couldn't you find someone else or better off why didnt you put the green shirt on an have a crack? Soaring eagle

you weak prick, how the hell can you sit there and put a report in on a volunteer umpire when you didn't even supply an umpire or boundary umpire yourself?
shit look from a shit club and I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.
Bunch of mouthy goats in your peanut gallery also look like they have just left a methadone clinic.
Wasnt it only a few pages back there were a few comments about a peanut in ur gallery i think you have a short memory and for ipswich being a shit club they have a great relationship with a number of clubs from a number of divisions where they have helped one other i believe and with the gold coast suns facilities moving to the Eagles id say they would be happy for you guys to keep playing out of your little school oval with them little boxes on the side you have and your little esky behind the gazebo. We know who the shit club is going from one school too another must be nearly time to find another school isn't it

Wasnt it only a few pages back there were a few comments about a peanut in ur gallery i think you have a short memory and for ipswich being a shit club they have a great relationship with a number of clubs from a number of divisions where they have helped one other i believe and with the gold coast suns facilities moving to the Eagles id say they would be happy for you guys to keep playing out of your little school oval with them little boxes on the side you have and your little esky behind the gazebo. We know who the shit club is going from one school too another must be nearly time to find another school isn't it

Judging success based on facilities. Hahaha what next. Bashing kids for fun?

Must have been watching a different game.

Ipswich v Pirates?

No i dont think the Eagles would judge success by what they accumulate off the field. Bashing kids? if this was the case wouldnt have your club umpire made a report or maybe he was just turning a blind eye like he was to all the shit you guys did all game. Anyway both sides are blaming each other but i believe the senior game was good hard fair game which would most likely be a fair/true reflexion of both clubs

11 team comp, each week in seniors and reserves there are over 400 players taking the field. With thoughs numbers your sure to get a few pips in the fruit, probably a good time to focus on the juicy taste of the fruit and forget the pips.
A wise man once told me that without opposition there is no competition so be respectful.
Positive topics please

I wasn't going to comment but felt it worthy to. Going at an umpire who is a volunteer to help you out is a bit rich "Soaring Eagle"... Would you have preferred us say "sorry you can't supply officials, we win on forfeit"? If that had happened this would be up to page 80 with outrage. I also hope you aren't who I think you might be, as putting comments about cheating umpires isn't a good look for someone of power within the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back