QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

its definitely around
Completely irrelevant to this conversation Thommo but being a Buffaloes supporter for many years and watching them go from strength to strength. I must say I'm excited to see the young fella Jack James push himself further and join the Magpies. How has he settled in there, been received and done in the practice matches ?

Completely irrelevant to this conversation Thommo but being a Buffaloes supporter for many years and watching them go from strength to strength. I must say I'm excited to see the young fella Jack James push himself further and join the Magpies. How has he settled in there, been received and done in the practice matches ?

Hi mate. Yes, we have been eager to have Jack at the Magpies for a few years, but never approached him as felt while Cam was coaching the Buffs he would not be 'gettable'. Ironically, we then approached Cam about being involved in our footy dept and while Cam opted for at least a year away from coaching, Jack opted to have a crack and he has settled in beautifully. He knew quite a few lads that were here already which no doubt helped, but he has fitted in nicely and gone well in the scratch matches and was never really in doubt for round 1 selection I imagine (i'm not on match committee)

Excited to see him shine against his dads old mob tomorrow :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt extremely rare in the last 30-40 years, a scoreboard has shown Siders seniors getting beaten by over 100? Reserves were also well beaten. Only colts held the standard. Morningside had players and their coach out (not even at the ground) with covid, a major contributing factor to the big loss. Most likely this season, all clubs will face weeks when covid depletes their list.

How about them Vultures? Didnt see that coming!

No doubt extremely rare in the last 30-40 years, a scoreboard has shown Siders seniors getting beaten by over 100? Reserves were also well beaten. Only colts held the standard. Morningside had players and their coach out (not even at the ground) with covid, a major contributing factor to the big loss. Most likely this season, all clubs will face weeks when covid depletes their list.

How about them Vultures? Didnt see that coming!
I believe Sherwood also had a large number of players out due to covid....

I believe Sherwood also had a large number of players out due to covid....

Nope, not a single senior player out due to covid, just regular injuries. We had heaps out with covid last 2 weeks, but none today.

Fletcher, Greene, Coombes, Easton, Preval, Edwards & Maricic all injured - so 5 of top 7 in 2021 b&f and our key off season recruit.

Plus captain & vice captain both first up games from 6 week injuries.

Mt Gravatt were v good, clinical in front of goal and Malone did a number on us again! Big teenager from Canberra was impressive too as were Carbone and Kerr.

Hats off to Noosa today they are much improved and will win games this year for sure. A vocal group of supporters made the trip adding to the atmosphere.
Was an entertaining game of footy Noosa led for periods of the game but in the end the Cats got it done a bit unconvincing a few blokes down but a win is a win

Tipping ladder .

Thunder doc , Goalkicker , Mudsticks ; 6
Required, de zario, stuyd, big e, noosa boy, benchwarmer, clueless, bud 3,footyboy, smy, ; 5
dusty,judge ;4
magpie boy ; 2

Anybody else see Aspley vs Grange? Be interested to hear opinions….

Firstly, there’s no doubt that Aspley are serious contenders this year, they are a big and talented team, they have good cohesion and most have been playing a higher level of footy/opposition for several years (pretty sure they only had one teenager playing yesterday).

Aspley are well coached, and barring a heap of injuries they will finish top 4. They played well and certainly hit the ground running in round 1.

Secondly, yesterday showed Grange what a top 4 side looks like, and how far off that standard we are right now.

Having said that, we played 4 NT guys yesterday and I think only one of them has trained with us more than once. We have several other players new to the club and still missing at least 4 from our best side so it will take a while for the team to develop the familiarity, confidence and combinations which sides like Aspley clearly have.

Grange played pretty well for most of the day, but skill errors and missed shots killed us and the pressure dropped off halfway through the last quarter allowing Aspley to kick the last 5 or so goals. We also gave away 3 goals from 50 metre free kicks so the winning margin probably wasn’t a true indication of the contest.

Hopefully a good learning experience for the boys, home games v Mt Gravatt and Noosa in the next two rounds will give us better idea of where we’re at.

Last edited:
Great day down at broadbeach other than the seniors not getting over the line.Cats just more composed and polished in vital times and their set up behind the footy really good.Their skipper Searle just mopping up and controlling everything back there.Noosas pressure was outstanding and will certainly be on the winners list this year! Just a great day at broadbeach,good crowd with plenty travelling down for weekend from noosa and the hospitality shown by cats from President to coach to footy manager to supporters awesome.A fun place to be!

looking at that field, Mt Gravatt shouldn't be allowed to host QAFL footy. Looks borderline unsafe and its Round 1, only going to get worse!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back