QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

My Gravatt keep announcing new and returning players. After all the talk, if they can get a competitive team on the park, you have to take your hat off to the new coach and footy director, tremendous effort in such a short time after all the doom and gloom talk from November.
That's awesome news!

My Gravatt keep announcing new and returning players. After all the talk, if they can get a competitive team on the park, you have to take your hat off to the new coach and footy director, tremendous effort in such a short time after all the doom and gloom talk from November.
They could have easily crumbled and fallen through the cracks. But they havenā€™t and itā€™s great they keep pushing to be competitive for this season. The practice matches will be a real indicator of where they are at.

However, my question would be if they are to survive this season. How will they go in 2025 with another very close Brisbane team in Coorparoo coming in? Seems QAFL colts will be interesting as many of coops talented 14s, 16s or colts move to Mornginside, Sherwood and Mt Gravatt to have a crack at QAFL. And if they donā€™t play seniors they tend to go back to QAFL colts. Wonder how many of those borderline ressie/colts or even youth will return to Coorparoo. Let alone those who are already playing seniors at other QAFL clubs.

They could have easily crumbled and fallen through the cracks. But they havenā€™t and itā€™s great they keep pushing to be competitive for this season. The practice matches will be a real indicator of where they are at.

However, my question would be if they are to survive this season. How will they go in 2025 with another very close Brisbane team in Coorparoo coming in? Seems QAFL colts will be interesting as many of coops talented 14s, 16s or colts move to Mornginside, Sherwood and Mt Gravatt to have a crack at QAFL. And if they donā€™t play seniors they tend to go back to QAFL colts. Wonder how many of those borderline ressie/colts or even youth will return to Coorparoo. Let alone those who are already playing seniors at other QAFL clubs.

you would think Coorparoo's elevation hurts Morningside more than anyone. It's been a production line for the Panthers for years.

They get them early in youth footy, or they wait until they finish - but nearly all of them end up there, no longer will have any reason to go now.

The real test will be for the 3 clubs that grabbed the Vultures best talent. All those players are 6 points. Squeeze is surely on to stay under.

Any truth to the rumour that Buddy Franklin is lining up for Palm Beach Currumbin?

have heard he has committed to 4-6 games.

you would think Coorparoo's elevation hurts Morningside more than anyone. It's been a production line for the Panthers for years.

They get them early in youth footy, or they wait until they finish - but nearly all of them end up there, no longer will have any reason to go now.

The real test will be for the 3 clubs that grabbed the Vultures best talent. All those players are 6 points. Squeeze is surely on to stay under.

have heard he has committed to 4-6 games.
That is a magnificent get for the comp if Buddy does play. IMO the most charismatic and best 3 this century. Hope he plays the away game v Maroochydore... :) Be a great story for a local bloke to say they played on him.

That is a magnificent get for the comp if Buddy does play. IMO the most charismatic and best 3 this century. Hope he plays the away game v Maroochydore... :) Be a great story for a local bloke to say they played on him.
I think every team would be hoping for an away game. Great rumour if it is true. Would be a GF like crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Cameron as Development Coach at Sherwood.

Very saddened to hear of the passing of Brian Millar who was involved at Sherwood in recent times but was at Coorparoo when I played with all his brothers Kel, Les and Bruce.

He never played but was always a Team Manager every year and always helped around any club he was involved with. Also spent a good amount of time at MtGravatt.

Sad when we lose great club people like this as there isnā€™t a big line of these type of people left at many clubsā¤ļø

Talk is buddy will only play one game if he plays.
Hopefully he does a little better than the duck did when he lined up for PBC back in the day. Carey tore his calf four and a half minutes into the game that day.

mSJfJVQ.jpg

Hopefully he does a little better than the duck did when he lined up for PBC back in the day. Carey tore his calf four and a half minutes into the game that day.

mSJfJVQ.jpg
šŸ‘ did his calf in the first 10min. Massive crowd though from memory.

So where are u guys at in this early stage of the year ,, like whats your predictions for the ladder ,,???

Here are my way too early ladder predictions...

1. Aspley
2. Redland
3. Broadbeach
4. Wilston Grange
5. Palm Beach
6. Labrador
7. Surfers Paradise
8. Noosa
9. Morningside
10. Maroochydore
11. Sherwood
12. Mt Gravatt

Subject to change once fixture is released.

Here are my way too early ladder predictions...

1. Aspley
2. Redland
3. Broadbeach
4. Wilston Grange
5. Palm Beach
6. Labrador
7. Surfers Paradise
8. Noosa
9. Morningside
10. Maroochydore
11. Sherwood
12. Mt Gravatt

Subject to change once fixture is released.
Looks in the ballpark to me but Iā€™d have surfers inthe 6 over Lab and Maroochy a bit higher. Grange have recruited really well after making a prelim so anything less than a GF is underachievement.

Most clubs seem to be shaping up well expect a logjam of clubs winning around 10 games

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back