QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve won back to back premierships at state league level. And are most likely going for a third. I think they are entitled to confidence. And whilst it was a close game, they beat your cats again so it worked. I’d also argue if this was Broady, you wouldn’t mention it. Can’t wait to hear what they say when they are playing the Vultures.

Rechecked playHQ after your comment and seems he only kicked 3. He’s a good player but not 17 goals worth lol. In saying that I didn’t watch the live stream so maybe I am wrong haha.
They did drop down from the VFL. You’d expect them to be good. Plus all the concessions they got ?

They’ve won back to back premierships at state league level. And are most likely going for a third. I think they are entitled to confidence. And whilst it was a close game, they beat your cats again so it worked. I’d also argue if this was Broady, you wouldn’t mention it. Can’t wait to hear what they say when they are playing the Vultures.

Rechecked playHQ after your comment and seems he only kicked 3. He’s a good player but not 17 goals worth lol. In saying that I didn’t watch the live stream so maybe I am wrong haha.
Back pocket ,, you are not getting where Im coming from ,, I said they deserve to have some arrogance due to being premiers twice and attempting the 3 peat,, but what was heard was over the top,, and noted by Aspley supporters ,, and as for your comment if it was Broady ,, well that s non existent as we have not won 2 flags in a row going for 3 ,,
Put it this way ,, am I not doing Aspley a favour with this info ,, ???

Back pocket ,, you are not getting where Im coming from ,, I said they deserve to have some arrogance due to being premiers twice and attempting the 3 peat,, but what was heard was over the top,, and noted by Aspley supporters ,, and as for your comment if it was Broady ,, well that s non existent as we have not won 2 flags in a row going for 3 ,,
Put it this way ,, am I not doing Aspley a favour with this info ,, ???
Well what were some of these comments?

And honestly if you’ve overheard comments that are deemed inappropriate and/or have offended you by a player/s. Then make a complaint to the club or AFLQ (not that they will do anything). Just my opinion.

At one stage (according to play hq so I could be wrong) but Redland were leading 83-1, that’s pretty alarming for the Roos. I quite fancied the Roos pre season to possibly sneak into the finals , not so sure now.

Interesting at Aspley today Hornets dominated in the first half but errant kicking had the margin at only 20 when it should have been 7-8 goals. cats came out after halftime gained momentum and got to 2 points down and had a couple chances to hit the lead. At that point it looked anyone’s game and the potential of another nail biter.

Aspley got a steadier against the run of play just before the 3/4 siren. In the end the cats used their petrol tickets getting back into it and Aspley ran away with it in the last. Still the benchmark the hornets but Broady definitely not disgraced.

Some high scores today Hammelman will kick 125 if that trend continues

RVP will be good. No doubt about that. Looking at Roos side on paper I’m not sure they were ever going to threaten.
How is Clay Cameron straight out of SANFL only 3 points? Surely he is 5 points every day of the week? Another gift form Headquarters for Redlands unless rules have changed again?

Also how is Sullivan that went from MtGravatt to Redlands whilst VFL listed only 3 points?

Seems leg ups continue.

How is Clay Cameron straight out of SANFL only 3 points? Surely he is 5 points every day of the week? Another gift form Headquarters for Redlands unless rules have changed again?

Also how is Sullivan that went from MtGravatt to Redlands whilst VFL listed only 3 points?

Seems leg ups continue.
Agreed. Both are have sufficient points as Mt Gravatt juniors to be one pointers there but both played NEAFL at Redlands. Presume the prior years service is used to diminish points??

There is a few others now starting to look at these points. How does AFLQ even say there is any transparency.

Kailiem Baker at Grange how is he not 6 points? He is listed at 4 points, can anyone explain that one from Grange?

There is a few others now starting to look at these points. How does AFLQ even say there is any transparency.

Kailiem Baker at Grange how is he not 6 points? He is listed at 4 points, can anyone explain that one from Grange?

Moved to grange area for work so league agreed to not give him a 2 point penalty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moved to grange area for work so league agreed to not give him a 2 point penalty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Really that was approved? I know a few other clubs that have been down that path with Coast kids moving to Brisbane previously and never getting it over the line.

How do the Brisbane and Gold Coast teams get the benefit of VFL listed players and both Sunshine Coast clubs nothing. That's gotta be one of the biggest inequalities in the comp!
Probably agree with that statement. Should it go back to like the 90’s where we had a draft for all the Bears players.

If Southport and Lions put up all their top up players unless they were original juniors with a QAFL Club into a pool and have a draft from bottom side up. Even number of picks. Might squeeze out any inadequates.

Probably agree with that statement. Should it go back to like the 90’s where we had a draft for all the Bears players.

If Southport and Lions put up all their top up players unless they were original juniors with a QAFL Club into a pool and have a draft from bottom side up. Even number of picks. Might squeeze out any inadequates.
Pretty sure there was a 'draft' system in place for QAFL clubs when the NEAFL abolished reserves. Makes sense, but (potentially) tough on the player travel wise.

Pretty sure there was a 'draft' system in place for QAFL clubs when the NEAFL abolished reserves. Makes sense, but (potentially) tough on the player travel wise.
Yep draft system sounds like the only logical outcome. Reckon the travel excuse is null and void with them already travelling interstate for games and Coast sides been doing it for yours. You come into a qld vfl side, you understand that you will be allocated a QAFL team when not required at vfl level and that's your pathway back into the team. It's not ideal with players potentially not knowing any team mates, but at least all sides have the same opportunity, its up to the individual how they respond and embrace the concept. I'm sure some will not be so keen and others will just get on with it, know which player ide prefer. If your not selected generally the reason is your not performing, go back to qafl level and put your claims forward, all players on vfl list should be more than capable of quality performance at this level. Both clubs need to be on-board , educate their players on the process and get on with it. Understand it may make selection a little tricky but open dialogue between both clubs is paramount to make it work. I know some clubs will say just its to hard not knowing on a Thursday, but again be very clear with your players especially the last few picked. It's not a ideal solution but may level the playing field a little more.

Really that was approved? I know a few other clubs that have been down that path with Coast kids moving to Brisbane previously and never getting it over the line.
Plus Grange have a lot of Lions Vfl players at 2 points that rarely get a game for lions and therefore available for grange each week

Tipping ladder ; Round 1

well 2 tipsters picked the sweep ,, QLD CLUELESS,, WELL DONE .. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT LAST SEASONS WINNER BE IT THUNDERDOC ALSO DID ... WELL DONE GUYS

6; THUNDERDOC, QLD CLUELESS
5; LONGY ZILLMERE, ALL OR NOTHING , SIMPLE SAUCE, DEZARIO, BOOPS, STILL ME , SMY, TOUCAN SOUP, BIG E , UP IT STUMPY, PUGS, WESTERMAN, TIME TO RETIRE
4; STUYD, DJONNO, NOOSA BOY, BUNYIP, NWO, BUD 63, MAGPIE BOY , GOALKICKER, AJ8
3; VIC LAD, SWITCH THE PLAY, BIG TEX, 2010 PREMIER,FOOTY BOY, LAGGING BEHIND, UP TO BRIZZ, MILLER

ALSO 13 GUYS PICKED 5 ,, GOOD EFFORT ..

Agree that’s the way to do it. Original juniors no dramas but for other clubs to benefit from a bloke who has flown in from SA to end up in their side bc they miss out on a game with a vfl side is just plain stupid

And yea those points discrepancies are simply the icing on the cake. If the qafl wants to be seen as a legit state league then get rid of the issues they can control - like a b&w points system.

“Moved to the area for work “. What a ridiculous reason to provide dispensation.

So be it. One of the parts of playing that standard of footy
Do you guys seriously expect a player who lives on the Gold Coast plays at sharks and works all day to drive to training in Noosa on a Thursday as they were drafted there? And then back to play there on Saturday.

I can understand the frustration but the proposed solution isn’t feasible. A tweak of the points and maybe some dispensation for the Sunny coast teams is the only thing that works imo

Do you guys seriously expect a player who lives on the Gold Coast plays at sharks and works all day to drive to training in Noosa on a Thursday as they were drafted there? And then back to play there on Saturday.

I can understand the frustration but the proposed solution isn’t feasible. A tweak of the points and maybe some dispensation for the Sunny coast teams is the only thing that works imo
Maybe the GC players (Suns/sharks) can be only drafted to bris and south but anyone on lions list would definitely be expected to do that trip.
I’m sure I know of some Noosa guys who did that trip to Southport as well to play high level footy.

Didn't say anything about training on a Thursday if your from the gc and I wouldn't expect them to do that. If your from the lions, yep get in the car and get ya arse up there Turn up to the game, play, go home, if your any good you won't have to do it long.

Didn't say anything about training on a Thursday if your from the gc and I wouldn't expect them to do that. If your from the lions, yep get in the car and get ya arse up there Turn up to the game, play, go home, if your any good you won't have to do it long.
How about the Lions to the 4 northern clubs, Southport to the 4 central clubs (all Southside of Brisbane) and Suns to the 4 Gold Coast club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back