QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said Miller1971, take it with a grain of salt. I was merely implying that the quality of football Sherwood has produced over the last month would have them on par with the top four sides of the competition. It wasn't meant to be taken literally... and I never anointed them a premiership threat 😅😅
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one error in the whole book. Nambour folded at end of 1995. Actually was 1996😅
Did a super job Murray
Yeah, smy1305 , there are some minor errors - but more important than anything else, the document now exists. And at 1,100 pages, what an ambitious scope it has for ALL of Queensland!
Murray and Greg did a fantastic job putting it all together.
On a side note, Murray was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the last ceremony. However, Greg has never even be recognised with anything like a "Volunteer Of The Year" award (probably because he is not seen as being directly involved with a specific club). I reckon that is a travesty. *

* Please note, I am neither Murray nor Greg. :D

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

A short one this week (just like the last):

Round 17

Labrador V Noosa

Played 6: Labrador 3 – Noosa 3 (2021-2024)
Last time they met (Round 7), Noosa won by 33 points.
In fact, Noosa is on a three-game winning streak, which means that Labrador won the first three clashes between the two teams.
Their only clashes have ever been in the QAFL competitions, following Noosa’s recent promotion in 2021. Of the six games, none have been particularly close (smallest winning margin is 13 points), but none have been blow-outs either. The average winning margin has been a comfortable 40 points.
As you may expect, the accumulated score across their 6 games is extremely close: Labrador 83 – 80 - 578 to Noosa 87 – 49 – 571. If Noosa can win by 7 points, then the scores will be all even.

Broadbeach V Wilston Grange
Played 19: Broadbeach 12 – Wilston Grange 7 (2014-2024)
The two clubs first met when the Gorillas returned to the QAFL competition in 2014 (whilst the Cats likewise returned having been in the NEAFL).
Their last encounter (Round 6) provided a 68-point victory for Wilston Grange. Overall, Broadbeach has enjoyed the better record during their shared QAFL tenure. However, Grange have also won the last three clashes. Four games have been decided by less than ten points (two each) – and another four have been won by over 90 points (all by Broadbeach).
Broadbeach are only 43 points short of 2,000 against Wilston Grange (287 – 235 – 1957) – and conversely, Wilston Grange require 124 points to reach 1,500 (202 – 164 – 1376).

Redland Victoria Point V Surfers Paradise
Played 5: Redland 4 – Surfers Paradise 1 (2021-2024)
As part of this short round, none of the clubs involved have an extensive history against each other. It doesn’t happen too often – but none of them have any pre-QAFL history this week.
These two clubs never met in a Senior fixture until the Sharks returned from the NEAFL. Redlands are on a three-game winning streak, winning the last clash in Round 12 by 16 points. Three results have been decided by 20 points or less – and there has been one thrashing of over 100 points.
Just to be complete, here is the accumulated score between the two clubs: Redland 87 – 50 – 572 to Surfers Paradise 52 – 42 – 354.

Maybe this will be the week for a stack of close results.

If anyone is interested, there is a relatively significant clash in QFA Division 1 this weekend – so I have had a crack at putting together a summary of University of Qld V Springwood history. I’m sure there will be story on aflq.com.au this week to give it more coverage. ;)

As usual, if anyone disagrees with any details, or has more information to share, please let me know – I want to get these records as accurate as possible.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

(I haven't seen any comment on this during the week.)

Given that the AFLQ announced a couple of days ago that Coorparoo will definitely be in the QAFL in 2025, given the absence of any further announcements, should we anticipate a 13-team competition next year?
Or does anyone have other news?

Yeah, smy1305 , there are some minor errors - but more important than anything else, the document now exists. And at 1,100 pages, what an ambitious scope it has for ALL of Queensland!
Murray and Greg did a fantastic job putting it all together.
On a side note, Murray was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the last ceremony. However, Greg has never even be recognised with anything like a "Volunteer Of The Year" award (probably because he is not seen as being directly involved with a specific club). I reckon that is a travesty. *

* Please note, I am neither Murray nor Greg. :D
Yes that is an oversight due to not many people could be bothered to put together this sort of historical record. Hopefully adjusted somewhere down the track. And i apologies - just assumed!! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back