QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Palmy are getting desperate. They are playing a 17yo this week..
If that 17yr old is former Bribie/Aspley junior Dylan Patterson they'll be alright. Kid played a few senior games last season at 16 and held his own. Hasn't played this season due to Academy commitments.

If that 17yr old is former Bribie/Aspley junior Dylan Patterson they'll be alright. Kid played a few senior games last season at 16 and held his own. Hasn't played this season due to Academy commitments.

Yeah, i was just being facetious. The kid was named in the top 25 players for 2025 draft. Born here in Gatton. Started his footy here playing up in Toowoomba and Ipswich.

DYLAN PATTERSON​

Club: Queensland/Gold Coast Suns Academy/Palm Beach-Currumbin FC
Height: 183cm
DOB: 01/09/07
A super quick wingman or half-forward, Patterson excites with his energy and zest in creating opportunities for his team and has great speed which is a real weapon. He averaged 13 disposals (six contested) and four tackles to provide a real spark for the Suns during last year’s under-16 championships and was selected as an All-Australian. He has continued to develop physically since the championships last July and has shown the ability to use his power away from stoppages and win one-on-one contests during six matches for the Suns Academy this year. Patterson has averaged 13 disposals, five tackles and three clearances this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

What do we have this week?

Round 8

Surfers Paradise V Wilston Grange

Played 26: Surfers Paradise 18 wins – Wilston Grange 8 (QAFL 2011-2023)
Overall 36: Surfers Paradise 25 – Wilston Grange 11 (2000, 2005-2023)
The QAFL record leans heavily towards the Demons – although there have been numerous close games with seven decided by less than 10 points. The two clubs ended up in the same competition (AFLSQ) for the first time in 2000. This was for only one season, as promotion and relegation kept them apart until 2005. They have competed against each other in every season since then.

Labrador V Broadbeach
Played 62: Labrador 21 – Broadbeach 41 (QAFL 1997 – 2024)
As these two clubs have already met this season, I have already mentioned that I don’t have results from the GCAFL. I have made a start on collating this information – but it has a huge distance to travel yet. If anyone has any info that can help, please pass it on.
As it is, both these teams were introduced into the QSFL in 1997. With 8 single-digit margins, and 4 triple-figure margins, the Cats enjoy a much better record.
Sometimes, the head-to-head record of clubs fail to produce any trivia worthy of sharing. However, this game has a good one:
If the combined score of this week’s game reaches 152 points, then that will be the 10,000th point scored in Labrador V Broadbeach games. As a neutral, I reckon a 76-point draw would be great!

Maroochydore V Redland Victoria Point
Played 6: Maroochydore 1 – Redland 5 (2021-2024)
Overall 15: Maroochydore 8 – Redland 7 (1994-1997, 2021-2024)
The Sharks have dominated these QAFL games. However, the one victory for the Roos was pretty important, being the 2021 Elimination Final. The closest margin in the six games was 10 points – yet five of the six games have been decided by less than five goals.
I almost forgot that the two clubs also share a history of four season in the BAFL. During those years, any club would be hard-pressed to defeat Maroochydore. To their credit, Redland was Maroochydore’s final BAFL opponent, as the Sharks defeated the Roos by eight goals in the Semi-Final.

Morningside V Noosa
Played 4: Morningside 4 – Noosa 0 (2021-2023)
There was never a reason for these two clubs to meet in a fixture match until Noosa was promoted to the QAFL in 2021. Since then, the Panthers have won all four games (two with a relatively close result).
Not much more info to share though.

Aspley V Mt Gravatt
Played 13: Aspley 8 – Mt Gravatt 5 (2009-2013, 2022-2023)
Overall 73: Aspley 29 – Mt Gravatt 44 (1975-1993, 2009-2013, 2022-2023)
Going back a few years (well, maybe a couple of decades), this would have been a massive game. As a Senior club, Mt Gravatt was more established earlier than Aspley, so when they started to compete in SQAFA First Division from 1975, the Vultures enjoyed the better record for a number of years. Once Aspley consolidated, the clashes became quite even. Their rivalry represents 60 games of significance.
Within the QAFL, Mt Gravatt won the first four clashes – and Aspley has won eight of the past nine games.

Palm Beach Currumbin V Sherwood
Played 30: Palm Beach 19 – Sherwood 11 (2011-2023)
Overall 46: Palm Beach 28 – Sherwood 18 (1999-2000, 2005-2008, 2011-2023)
Of the more recent QAFL history, almost one-quarter of their games have been decided by less than 10 points (7 games of the 30 played).
Of course, if we go a little further back, the two clubs played in two tremendous AFLQ Division Two Grand Finals in 2007 and 2008, with one win each.
Dig a little deeper: when Sherwood reformed as a Senior club in 1999, they played in the Gold Coast competition. The Lions defeated Sherwood three times that season.

As usual, if anyone disagrees with any details, or has more information to share, please let me know – I want to get these records as accurate as possible.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back