QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just coming in from my sources a young development player from the Redlands will be making his long awaited debut against Mt Gravatt in the coming weeks at full forward. Will keep daily updates on who it is
Just in: Confirmed Jack Geary will be replacing Hammelmann who has seen a drop in form lately despite still kicking 8 in 3 quarters last week.

What a Round,,, the Roos knocking off Labrador ,,, Morningside taking care of PBC , Aspley get out of 3rd gear in the second half to overcome Surfers and Redlands coming home to beat the Grange with gun Full Forward Hammelman bagging 8 goals.

Went and watched my Broadbeach defeat Sherwood in a somewhat lacklusture game,, the 2 highlights were the dominating performance of Broadys Grogan Medal winner last season in Boyake whom was playing his 1st game after missing about 6 weeks because of injury ... Th other highlight was the excellant performance of the 2 field umpires ,,they were very good

Went and watched my Broadbeach defeat Sherwood in a somewhat lacklusture game,, the 2 highlights were the dominating performance of Broadys Grogan Medal winner last season in Boyake whom was playing his 1st game after missing about 6 weeks because of injury ... Th other highlight was the excellant performance of the 2 field umpires ,,they were very good
Is that cryptic for saying one of the 3 field umpires was poor?

What a Round,,, the Roos knocking off Labrador ,,, Morningside taking care of PBC , Aspley get out of 3rd gear in the second half to overcome Surfers and Redlands coming home to beat the Grange with gun Full Forward Hammelman bagging 8 goals.
The Roos on the road at Labrador were very good yesterday. Big outs Wagner, Laing and Mackenzie replaced by youth that stood up against the bigger bodied Lab boys. Fast and clean. A lot to like about their game. Scholards 4 goals early in the third really lifted the team. Gallop with 5 - he's a big strong lad. Not sure why an 18yo has 6 points? Wilson in the middle was effective and should be used there more. After the bye they'll be stronger with those three ins plus a mid forward playing his first game of the year in the 2's after a PCL injury - Cavallaro, kicked 4 in the first half. They'll be very competitive in the second half of the year.

What a round for tipping ,, Leader Pugs only picked 2 and looses his lead to Big E. .. and heaps of movement on the ladder .No one tipped the card ..

56; BIG E
55; PUGS, ALL OR NOTHING,
54; DEZARIO
53; NWO, STILL ME, QLD CLUELESS, SMY, MAGPIE BOY, FOOTY BOY,
52; WESTERMAN, TOUCAN SOUP, BIG TEX,
51; STUYD, BUD 63, THUNDERDOC
50; SIMPLE SAUCE, UP IT STUMPY
49; BUNYIP, GOALKICKER, LAGGING BEHIND, UP IT BRIZZ
48, LONGY ZILLMERE,
47; AJ8, DJONNO
46; MOBBS, 2010 PREMIER
45; SWITCHING THE PLAY
42; BOOPS
41; NOOSA BOY
40 TIME TO RETIRE

Round 11 Results

The Matter that’s Stuff

Even more tedious this week! Here are some more QAFL Scorigami references for Round 11, plus other potentially useless scraps of trivia:

Redland Victoria Point 16-11-107 d Wilston Grange 14-10-94
Played 5: Redland 5 – Wilston Grange 0 (QAFL 2021-2024)
Overall 10: Redland 10 – Wilston Grange 0 (1998-1999, 2021-2024)
This score has never occurred before.
The margin of 13 points has now occurred 121 times.

Aspley 11-11-77 d Surfers Paradise 8-7-55
Played 4: Aspley 4 – Surfers Paradise 0 (QAFL 2022-2024)
Overall 11: Aspley 6 – Surfers Paradise 5 (2000-2001, 2005-2008, 2022-2024)
This score has occurred five times previously:
1935 R2: Mayne 12-5-77 d Windsor 8-7-55 at Perry Park
1951 R15: Mayne 10-17-77 d Kedron 8-7-55 at Perry Park
1965 R11: Mayne 10-17-77 d Morningside 7-13-55
2014 R3: Wilston Grange 11-11-77 d Sandgate 7-13-55 at Lemke Road
2019 R13: Surfers Paradise 10-17-77 d Wilston Grange 7-13-55 at Hickey Park
The margin of 22 points has now occurred 145 times.

Maroochydore 16-9-105 d Labrador 12-13-85
Played 13: Maroochydore 4 – Labrador 9 (1998-1999, 2020-2024)
This score has occurred four times previously:
1953 R5: Sandgate 15-15-105 d Western Districts 13-7-85 at Perry Park
1975 R13: Morningside 16-9-105 d Windsor Zillmere 11-19-85 at Hawthorne Park
1991 PF: Morningside 14-21-105 d North Brisbane 12-13-85 at the Gabba
2011 R15: Surfers Paradise 16-9-105 d Coolangatta 12-13-85 at Sir Bruce Small Park
The margin of 20 points has now occurred 138 times.

Morningside 14-8-92 d Palm Beach Currumbin 9-10-64
Played 21: Morningside 14– Palm Beach 7 (2014-2024)
This score has occurred three previously:.
1962 R2: Wilston Grange 13-14-92 d Sandgate 9-10-64
1967 R20: Sandgate 13-14-92 d Western Districts 9-10-64
2023 R7: Surfers Paradise 13-14-92 d Wilston Grange 9-10-64 at Hickey Park
The margin of 28 points has now occurred 103 times.

Noosa 21-14-140 d Mt Gravatt 8-9-57
Played 7: Noosa 5 – Mt Gravatt 2 (QAFL 2021-2024)
Overall 11: Noosa 8 – Mt Gravatt 3 (1993, 2021-2024)
This score has never occurred before.
The margin of 83 points has now occurred 27 times.
Prior to this game, the average winning margin between the two clubs was 82.5 points. This result was right on the average.

Broadbeach 14-8-92 d Sherwood 11-4-70
Played 32: Broadbeach 27 – Sherwood 5 (2001-2004, 2009-2010, 2014-2024)
This score has occurred four times previously:
1949 R5: Sandgate 13-14-92 d Western Districts 10-10-70
1950 R11: Windsor 13-14-92 d Western Districts 10-10-70 at Toowong
1961 R7: Western Districts 14-8-92 d Sandgate 9-16-70
1999 R9: Mt Gravatt 14-8-92 d Broadbeach 10-10-70 at Dittmer Park
The margin of 22 points has now occurred 146 times.

Most Frequent Margin
There have been two games decided by 1 point this season, which meant that “1-point” was striving to be the most frequent margin.
However, the outright leader, “22-points” reasserted its position at the top with two occurrences this week.

146 = 22 points
143 = 1 point
142 = 27 points
138 = 20 points
137 = 4 points

The Roos on the road at Labrador were very good yesterday. Big outs Wagner, Laing and Mackenzie replaced by youth that stood up against the bigger bodied Lab boys. Fast and clean. A lot to like about their game. Scholards 4 goals early in the third really lifted the team. Gallop with 5 - he's a big strong lad. Not sure why an 18yo has 6 points? Wilson in the middle was effective and should be used there more. After the bye they'll be stronger with those three ins plus a mid forward playing his first game of the year in the 2's after a PCL injury - Cavallaro, kicked 4 in the first half. They'll be very competitive in the second half of the year.
I agree mate re Wilson and playing mid. Seen him play more this year than any other when might have seen the Noosa derby but he’s a very effective mid and prob better than a fwd where he doesn’t always get to contests. His skill set is enormous and I could see him and Laing waxing mid/ fwd from now on.

That is a great win and good to see the Roos getting a bit of reward for effort as they have been ok for most of the year without winning.
Gallup has made a difference as a marking fwd and is a real talent imo too. Hopefully he gets another opportunity with allies.

And yes what a ridiculous points system if Gallup is a 6pointer and guys straight out of afl are 3. Luckily Roos have heaps of space

Why is it ridiculous?

He is a Kawana Junior, never played a single junior game for Maroochydore. Went to Grange and played Senior QAFL footy before moving to Maroochydore.

He is the definition of a 6 point player.

Other clubs getting special favours and manipulating the system doesn't make the system wrong when its actually applied correctly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it ridiculous?

He is a Kawana Junior, never played a single junior game for Maroochydore. Went to Grange and played Senior QAFL footy before moving to Maroochydore.

He is the definition of a 6 point player.

Other clubs getting special favours and manipulating the system doesn't make the system wrong when its actually applied correctly
That explains it, thanks - I wasnt aware he played senior footy with Grange. How many games? I still find it unusual we have an 18yo on the same points as Rich, Hickey, Cockatoo all recently retired from the top level.

Enough for it to matter, no idea how many - but I seem to remember him playing a fair bit of Senior footy there in 2022.

Better question for Maroochydore might be how many Colts games did he really play in 2023? ;)

Enough for it to matter, no idea how many - but I seem to remember him playing a fair bit of Senior footy there in 2022.

Better question for Maroochydore might be how many Colts games did he really play in 2023? ;)
Play HQ says he played 8 senior games for Grange in 2022. That isn't enough games to matter IMO, but I understand its obviously the rule and it should be applied regardless. I'm questioning the rule not the application of it. The player points system along with the salary cap is a mechanism to assist equalisation of the comp. Considering he has always lived on the SC and is returning to the closest QAFL club to his junior club, and he's only played 8 senior games in Bris, and he's only 18yo, I think there should be provision in the the player point ratings system to rate him lower than a seasoned player from a higher comp, joining a club for big $$$. And this being his second year at Roos doesnt the points reduce each year? Or was he on 7 last year?

His decision to play at Grange is what created the issue for him, if he just went to the nearest QAFL club (like most kids should) then he would be a 1 pointer.

By playing Senior footy, his base points value is 4. By changing clubs, he then applied a 2 point penalty to himself.

Had he just remained at Grange, he would be a 1 pointer there by now.

The system is designed to discourage club hopping or poaching from within the competition.

Points don't reduce until your 3rd season (or 4th?)

Are we sure he’s 18 years old? My understanding is that under 19 is automatically graded at 2 points plus the 2 point penalty to make it 4 points grading.

Was he playing seniors 2 years ago at age 16? Possible of course but younger than most for a debut

Are we sure he’s 18 years old? My understanding is that under 19 is automatically graded at 2 points plus the 2 point penalty to make it 4 points grading.

Was he playing seniors 2 years ago at age 16? Possible of course but younger than most for a debut
Ty Gallop. height: 194cm. weight: D.O.B: 09-02-2006.

About 8 senior games. That’s y it’s ridiculous. From a junior club that has no seniors.

And the 2nd part of your question is much more valid imo 😉😅

His decision to play at Grange is what created the issue for him, if he just went to the nearest QAFL club (like most kids should) then he would be a 1 pointer.

By playing Senior footy, his base points value is 4. By changing clubs, he then applied a 2 point penalty to himself.

The system is designed to discourage club hopping or poaching from within the competition.

it is what it is now and won’t impact Roos bc they miles under pts
But can’t say it makes any sense whatsoever despite the argument u have put up Miller. He would have been better playing neafl or vfl and come bk a 2pt player 😅

For a local kid to be 6 points is ridiculous and pushes them out of our competition. Surely we can come up with another system for local kids that wants to leave a club for a valid reason or been at Uni in Brisbane like someone quoted.

Just seems crazy we forcing kids down south due to not being able to leave a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back