Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, we are in the post season.
It seems like we've missed the 8 as many times as the Blues have made it in the last 15 years.... just some perspective on how lucky we are to be here again and have seen this team over the duration.

But as we all know, thats not what people will refer to in 15 years time.... so its 0-0 and the clock is about to start.
So in this iteration, we have a few things of note.

Tomma and his 300. Legend of the game, the club, and seriously all round nice bloke. Feed him well this game, not on his head... but out in front and he'll dine out.

Selwood - equals Boris' 332 today. Thats incredible in itself. And I know he's also knocking on the door of the most active games as Captain of any club in history.

And its history we hope to write in the next month.

After the shambles of last week, can we turn that into the fire in the belly of adding the 1% to everything we do. No looping handball and kicks, no waiting fro someone else to go.. make it our turn now and go.

Duncan back in, Holmes out. No Higgins... yet....

We win today, we get the additional week off whihc cant be bad to rest the weary bones of our aged Hooped ones.

WE know how this goes - lest use our advantage of experience and guile and get this done today.

WE are going to Perth regardless..... but lets make that flight joyous and celebratory.

Port will come and come hard - be ready and be ready early.

Go Catters

I'm going to back us in to win this one. Duncan back in the side feels good. Forwardline fit and firing - just need the midfield to break even and the fringe players must put on their big-boy shoes and play like they deserve to be out there. I think this will be one of those games where the lesser players will determine the result, with depth being key. Need the likes of Atkins, Simpson, Close, Dahl etc to put in a solid performance. The rest will take care of itself.
Hopefully the forwardline clicks tonight.

Cats by 12

As with any interstate game (not withstanding a final) we need to get off to a good start.

That combined with at least breaking even in the midfield and Cameron working his magic on Aliir will go a long way to celebrating Tom’s 300th.

We got the monkey off the back last year in terms of winning against an interstate team on their home ground in a final so no reason we can’t do it again.

Let's do this Cats, for the pre-lim, for Tom and also Joel equalling some games records.
Oh boy, think it will come down to taking their chances in front of goal.
Other points I thought of...
The PA players there supporters cringe at when the game is hot are Bergman, DBJ, Amon, Bonner all suspect under pressure. And as we've seen last yr Molop can either pop up and tear the heart out of us or be a liability.
So I don't think our suspect players are alone, let's hope ours make the lesser mistakes.
I hope Higgo is just an emg for house keeping and there isn't a query over 1 or 2 of our guys.
Our experience is noted but we'll need equally as much as quick ball movent or leg speed to counter attack Port's outside run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be nice to win a QF for once and be able to relax for a week. There are a lot of question marks but I'm going to say we should win this one and it will be disappointing if we don't.

Getting in early on the GF action?

Only allowed into WA because my employer was able to get me an exemption, otherwise I'd still be stuck in Vic for the foreseeable future. I just spent 2 months there.

I'll be up in the Pilbara working gf w/e. My only hope is if they decide not to put that bye in and just play straight through. If that happens I might be on here asking nicely again like last year for access to a ticket.

If the bye gets used, it will mean I'll be working for both the pf and gf weekends and in hotel quarantine for the qf and sf weekends.

I'm all aboard the kick straight bandwagon. Expect it to be close and if they miss and we hit will go a long way to winning.

I'm all aboard the kick straight bandwagon. Expect it to be close and if they miss and we hit will go a long way to winning.
We not only need to kick straight, we need to make sure that we convert our periods of dominance to goals, especially early in the game.
Our failure to do this has repeatedly cost us in big games.
It's why we needed to spend gazillions on Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back