Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just f***ing win!
Imagine if we lose...
EthicalFixedIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

The Power-Bots will attack, attack, attack and keep attacking, relentlessly
They are programmed move the ball forward quickly as possible, to beat the defensive setups.
If they get the ball to a teammate with space, they lower the eyes and pass into the F50.
Under pressure, they rush a chaos ball forward to their waiting Talls and fleet of dangerous Smalls.
Their Mids and Defenders set up forward of centre, to pick off the panic kicks, for repeat entries.
The Power System is designed to create numerous scoring opportunities, and win by weight of numbers.

The Cats cannot afford to panic-kick out of D50, nor go slow and park the ball in the backline.
Intercept marks and winning turnovers possessions, will be worth gold and must not be squandered.
The key to winning, is to move the ball quickly with precision and create quality scoring opportunities.

Step 1: Start hard and fast. Put them on the back foot. Take away the home crowd advantage.
Step 2: Flood the midfield. Stop their running game. Deny them time and space. Force a rushed kick to our interceptors.
Step 3: Rebound quickly. Maintain possession. Eliminate clangers. Control the tempo, when necessary.
Step 4: Maintain good defensive structure behind the ball. Lock the ball in our attacking half.
Step 5: Avoid slow high kicks into F50. Kick at goal within range not to a contest. Create scoreboard pressure.
Step 6: Don't get sucked into scuffles, retaliation and stupid free kicks. Especially don't risk reportable contact.
Step 7: Sustain intense pressure. Play the game out to the final siren

After squandering the game last week, the Cats won't make the same mistake again.
Cats simply have too much experience, strength, skill and desire to let this game slip.
Our Game Plan will prevail. Cats will systematically create enough scoring opportunities to win

NO INJURIES PLEASE.

For all Scott's blase in fronting the media I hope they picked our last quarter to shreds.
Really need to learn from that, and D take another step up from the loss of Stewart.
Duncan will help there, and Miers building for his usual run out. Atkins will bust a gut
and hopefully Close too, in atonement. Midfield on their toes might shut up the 15k
ferals sounding like 25k. Feel like a prawn free Danger will smash it.
Okay, let it go and let it rip and bring home the biccies.

Last edited:
Port are young, fast and flashy. They know their best is good enough, but for all of their talent they have a lot of risk takers without cool experienced heads. Were gonna have to rely on a calm experienced approach and hope we dont let them run over us.
I reckon we should win, but Port are a touch unpredictable and if they turn it right on, were gonna have to really battle for it.

Hopefully we are in for a special month!

been around the mark for 10 years and undoubtedly left a couple on the table in the process

surely the time is now
I agree, I actually think we're primed and ready for our most serious tilt in years. You need a bit of luck as always, but we have the team, the game plan and the hunger to win it IMO.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port are young, fast and flashy. They know their best is good enough, but for all of their talent they have a lot of risk takers without cool experienced heads. Were gonna have to rely on a calm experienced approach and hope we dont let them run over us.
I reckon we should win, but Port are a touch unpredictable and if they turn it right on, were gonna have to really battle for it.
Yeah they're quicker for sure. But our possession / keepings off game plan will help with that IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We not only need to kick straight, we need to make sure that we convert our periods of dominance to goals, especially early in the game.
Our failure to do this has repeatedly cost us in big games.

It's why we needed to spend gazillions on Cameron.

Here here - it would be lovely to watch Geel - and everything clicks re scoring from the word go

2016 v Hawks. Our mate I Smith helped us

Oh god imagine if a Smith point after the siren got us the win V Port.

Hope Chief has the servers in good working order because it would crash BF until the Prelim Finals.

Very nervy already. What time is it acceptable to crack my first can?
Can? Can't go past some jungle juice:

4L of white wine (box is best)
1L of vodka
2 bottles of ginger beer (the fat lamb stuff does the trick)
2L of orange juice (vitamins for the hangover the next morning)

chuck it in a plastic tub with some ice and enjoy the night.

As for start time, the earlier the better. Keep the pace up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back