QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

It has to come from the Sunny Coast, cant possibly be anyone else. Its whether a Maroochydore would want to go up and lose the fierce rivalries against Noosa and Caloundra

The strong rumour is Moreton bay. Positioned well between north coast and Brisbane. Think the feeling is its a young identity, great facility and would be assisted strongly in council.
marooochy would be the best choice tight now if there was to be a side from the Sunshine Coast. Has all its ducks lined up unlike a few years ago.

The strong rumour is Moreton bay. Positioned well between north coast and Brisbane. Think the feeling is its a young identity, great facility and would be assisted strongly in council.
marooochy would be the best choice tight now if there was to be a side from the Sunshine Coast. Has all its ducks lined up unlike a few years ago.

Pleeeeeeeasee are they serious SMY, young identity is problem number 1- no history of sustained success at a reasonable level, or having a significant footy footprint in that area!
Agree facility is great but if there a plodders running around on it you may as well play in the car park.
If the council back it that's great, but seriously how much would they contribute? I read in a post on here or another thread that QLD has 2 elite levels being NEAFL and QAFL. Bit generous to call QAFL elite IMO, no better if at all as good as most Vic suburban and major country comps. If they don't get a side on the coast they are not fair dinkum about it

I heard Bond Uni are keen to join QAFL next season, ground n lights as good as any & im sure they'd get proper change rooms built plus access to Bond Uni's facilities which are AFL standard.
That would make 5 GC teams & 5 Brizy teams which seems logic to me.

I heard Bond Uni are keen to join QAFL next season, ground n lights as good as any & im sure they'd get proper change rooms built plus access to Bond Uni's facilities which are AFL standard.
That would make 5 GC teams & 5 Brizy teams which seems logic to me.
So just have good facilities and your in!
What about having earnt your stripes, developed a sustainable football model on and off the field. There is no logic imo if there is no team from the Sunny Coast. This is not an elite comp that demands elite facilities. They train 2 nights a week, maybe 3 play Saturday and drink a fair bit of piss in between!

Think Moreton bay is the compromise option mate. Can still draw bris nth players plus,sunshine coast players.
The sc council won't support unless the team is,called sunshine coast.
I think we can categorically say that there won't be another qafl team from the gold coast unless one falls out from down that way.
And agree switch in. Nothing "elite" about qafl footy , just good club based footy.

Anyone want to have a go at tips?

Coops 25 points
Mayne 30 points
Roos 60 points
Springwood 70 points
Burleigh 15 points

Some really close games in this comp yesterday - it shows that most sides will give themselves a chance on any given day. 1pt after the siren win to Mayne v Caloundra, UQ/Pumas draw, Yeronga just a kick away from Coorparoo, bit of an upset Noosa/Maroochy. Good competition.

Agree SMY, 8 points separating 3 games is impressive. Watched Noosa thump Mdore yesty, was a very ordinary display by Mdore and coach was pretty blunt in his assessment of his players and in particular the senior guys. Noosa handled the strong cross breeze much better with better skills and decision making particularly out of the back half, utilized the short hit up 45 time and time again while Mdore just bombed long and made it someone elses problem downfield where they regularly had 2 and 3 flying for the pill and came to ground everytime mopped up by Noosa. No doubt was a very physical game with both sides putting bodies on the line. Mdore restricted to just 1 rotation after 1/2 time had an impact, significant losses in Osberger & Finn, 2 inside mids and Murch up frd , but only 18 can play onfield at any time and they continued to play dumb footy. No functioning frd line would be a worry. Having said all this i expect Mdore to respond very well and Noosa can be justifiably satisfied with their win, and if they are the real deal need beat Cooparoo at home this week. Good local footy!

As expected, this competition will be the benchmark in terms of competitiveness across the board in season 2017.

Anyone can beat anyone on their day, should be a great year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few interesting results. Mayne smashing the devils, roo's having a big win. Should be a nice GF rematch. Noosa maybe the surprise early on? Caloundra with Merrett too far back to have a serious tilt?

The UQ coach must have been "A very naughty boy" to be sacked so early in the season. Much more to this story than meets the eye

any goss on what old "Toots' was up to?

Certainly a fairly strongly worded statement from UQ regarding his departure, not much attempt to sugarcoat it as a mutual!

Toots here , in a nut shell , i was issued with breaches from the club, after a couple of issues with a committe member, and not agreeing with the committee direction basically. I tried take a stand on the senior team being treated as the main team at the club.
Informed the president on saturday night that i was out.
Told the leadership group not happy with the situation.
Club issued me with the notice as they can.
We go our seperate ways. Their choice and i respect that.
No massive scandal sorry.

Toots here , in a nut shell , i was issued with breaches from the club, after a couple of issues with a committe member, and not agreeing with the committee direction basically. I tried take a stand on the senior team being treated as the main team at the club.
Informed the president on saturday night that i was out.
Told the leadership group not happy with the situation.
Club issued me with the notice as they can.
We go our seperate ways. Their choice and i respect that.
No massive scandal sorry.
Think the scandal might be that what senior coach has to fight with committee a bout the senior side being treated as the main team..... Wtf is that all about?
I know at maroochydore a few years back there was a conscious policy of making sure the colts were looked after, ensured they were successful etc but this was bc the club was on its knees and the way forward was going to be through youth but not sure UQ is in this boat?

Pretty bleak weak for UQ obviously. The old boy volunteers like myself are shocked and disappointed about how this week has panned out. Extremely painful to watch yesterday against the Kings. More injuries as well won't help things coming up against the Caloundra and Yeronga in coming weeks. Really hope the club can get things sorted quickly

Think the scandal might be that what senior coach has to fight with committee a bout the senior side being treated as the main team..... Wtf is that all about?
I know at maroochydore a few years back there was a conscious policy of making sure the colts were looked after, ensured they were successful etc but this was bc the club was on its knees and the way forward was going to be through youth but not sure UQ is in this boat?

Actually just had someone point ut that UQ have the QWAFL womens team that goes ok - there in may be the "separation of powers" - understand the frustration now of senior coach...

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back