QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

whcih is why I'm sceptical of $40k as their total payment figure

Gerorge Hannaford for example holds clubs to ransom, and he is there this year
I’ve been told that both Maroochydore and Noosa’s player budgets are extremely close and not much between them.We consistently budget for around 50 k which includes 50 bucks per win for 80 per cent of the senior playing group.Contracted players receiving above 200 bucks a game do not receive the per win component.We have 150 bucks worth of cash awards that are issued weekly so in a nutshell that’s how our salary cap adds up.We have paid around this mark for the past decade barring 2013 and 14 where we lost heaps of players due to lack of employment.

$200 not bad for playing in the 3. Eat league in QLD
I’m sure half the QAFL Clubs would
Be no where near that

And neither they should.please don’t be blindsided by the QAFL being a state league as it is clearly not.The top 4 or 5 players from both Noosa and Maroochydore would be the top 4 or 5 players in nearly all QAFL clubs.Would Palmy beat Albury,Vermont,Keillor,pines,St Mary’s,Tatura,koroit nth heildelberg?
I very much doubt it! The QAFL needs a name change too many people are getting confused with what it really is

Just because they spoke to both doesn't mean they want both next year. I think we will see one of them going in 2020. It'll be interesting to see what impact it has on the club that does go - will local supporters drop off because they miss the local derbys? Will it put a strain on finances or enhance them through greater sponsorship? Time will tell, but it is time for a Sunshine Coast team in QAFL.
There are currently 3 options on the table being discussed for clubs between div1 and div 3 and none of them suggest Noosa and Maroochydore go to qafl but in on of the options they are accepting applications for 1 spot in 2020 and and there are 2 spots opening between 2021/22.
I don’t think AFLQ can really make them play qafl if they don’t want too but I could be wrong

I’ve been told that both Maroochydore and Noosa’s player budgets are extremely close and not much between them.We consistently budget for around 50 k which includes 50 bucks per win for 80 per cent of the senior playing group.Contracted players receiving above 200 bucks a game do not receive the per win component.We have 150 bucks worth of cash awards that are issued weekly so in a nutshell that’s how our salary cap adds up.We have paid around this mark for the past decade barring 2013 and 14 where we lost heaps of players due to lack of employment.

And for a short period of time when u “employed” a junior development officer I think u might have been well over... 😋😋

Last edited:
$200 not bad for playing in the 3. Eat league in QLD
I’m sure half the QAFL Clubs would
Be no where near that

The level of footy and $$ paid is not commensurate around Aust as a general rule. U can play in a average 2nd tier vic country league for $1500/game if your timing is right. Bottom line is whether clubs can afford it

Paying a few $50 out this year mate. Side going well.

And neither they should.please don’t be blindsided by the QAFL being a state league as it is clearly not.The top 4 or 5 players from both Noosa and Maroochydore would be the top 4 or 5 players in nearly all QAFL clubs.Would Palmy beat Albury,Vermont,Keillor,pines,St Mary’s,Tatura,koroit nth heildelberg?
I very much doubt it! The QAFL needs a name change too many people are getting confused with what it really is

Sorrento...😋

There are currently 3 options on the table being discussed for clubs between div1 and div 3 and none of them suggest Noosa and Maroochydore go to qafl but in on of the options they are accepting applications for 1 spot in 2020 and and there are 2 spots opening between 2021/22.
I don’t think AFLQ can really make them play qafl if they don’t want too but I could be wrong
U r right, they can’t eagle. But they can make it attractive...

And for a short period of time when u “employed” a junior development officer I think u might have been well over... 😋😋
Yes mate but luckily from outside money!Pretty sure an ex swans premiership player had his house painted and some flash kitchen bench tops put in and I’m told big sauce wasn’t just running around for the fun of it!

Hearing Noosa have had 10 players invited to rep training.Bloody ridiculous number even if sitting atop of ladder.From what I’ve seen this year Fitzpatrick Laskey Stack Woods would be certainties with Mcdonald and buntain also in mix.Our coach Bova very happy to support the concept so we will see who gets in and who doesn’t.A chance to get on a plane head to Townsville and test yourself against nth Queensland sounds like fun to me!

Hearing Noosa have had 10 players invited to rep training.Bloody ridiculous number even if sitting atop of ladder.From what I’ve seen this year Fitzpatrick Laskey Stack Woods would be certainties with Mcdonald and buntain also in mix.Our coach Bova very happy to support the concept so we will see who gets in and who doesn’t.A chance to get on a plane head to Townsville and test yourself against nth Queensland sounds like fun to me!
Being invited and getting a game are 2 different things mate. Considering the number of blokes who dropped out last year I think a bigger initial squad is a good idea. As you well know can invite 60 and get 30 there.

Yes mate but luckily from outside money!Pretty sure an ex swans premiership player had his house painted and some flash kitchen bench tops put in and I’m told big sauce wasn’t just running around for the fun of it!

It was allegedly a fairly ordinary paint job I'm told..
Can you push that bloke who paid that outside money my way mate - I have a Nigerian banker that I use and he sounds like the sort of person that would fit in.. :)

Being invited and getting a game are 2 different things mate. Considering the number of blokes who dropped out last year I think a bigger initial squad is a good idea. As you well know can invite 60 and get 30 there.
You can actually end up ringing blokes the week of the game such can be the atrition rate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But nothing like what Noosa paid Maloney - $65k per year wasnt it? Ridiculous to even mention Bevan and Merrett in the same breath.

But nothing like what Noosa paid Maloney - $65k per year wasnt it? Ridiculous to even mention Bevan and Merrett in the same breath.

Noosa spent big on Maloney and Copeland however a rumour that runs around the coast often is that Noosa have their very own millionaire who bleeds footy that shovels money into their club. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was paying those salaries. Don’t believe Merrett was on much at all to play at Caloundra. Was more swayed by Hipwood in his ear. Also with Maroochydore not sure how they even have spending money. Owe the council a lot of $$$.

I've heard the Noosa Maloney rumours and there is no way he was getting that much. I spoke to someone pretty close to the pulse and he was getting less than a 3rd of that

I've heard the Noosa Maloney rumours and there is no way he was getting that much. I spoke to someone pretty close to the pulse and he was getting less than a 3rd of that

Yeah he was on the figure first mentioned fan - so be it and good luck to him I suppose.

And re Sauce it was more about that he had a friendship with one of Caloundras supporters who had been hassling him for a couple of years.. Obviously works with the Lakes so Coorparoo have locked that one away now.

Last edited:
Noosa had a much tougher day at office than scoreboard suggests. Cooparoo threw the kitchen sink at us pressure wise and only eight points separated them at last change.Boys responded with a terrific last qtr to record a very pleasing win.Have a fair few niggling injuries and sore bodies so reckon boys will appreciate the bye.Maroochydore losing to Aspley a massive upset whilst the margin Springwood defeated Caloundra by also surprising.Pumas have plenty of scoring power obviously!

Pumas were very good (obviously). Play a good brand of footy and have multiple scoring options. was their strongest side they can put out which is great player management at this time of the year. Their footy club looked to be really ticking over which is great considering that it wasn't that long ago that they were on struggle street themselves. Good committee, good coach, some fantastic leaders at the club (Page, Hooper, Thompson) and I think they will be in it right up to their ears at finals time

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back