QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell of a round coming in Div 1 tomorrow that’ll have major finals implications.

Springwood v Coorparoo, top of the ladder clash, even with a Springwood win can’t see them catching Coorparoo for the top spot with a few games left but a win for them would install massive confidence. Probably should’ve beaten them in the last meeting, the only team that the kings have dropped any points to this year with the draw.

Mayne v Caloundra, a win for Mayne keeps a double chance a possibility but a loss almost makes it impossible for them to get one, Win for Caloundra keeps them on the heels of Springwood for the chance of a home Qualifying final. Only a 2 point game the last time these two played so should be a massive game.

Moreton Vs Beenleigh , A loss for Moreton would almost completely knock them out of the finals race here with a win for beenleigh being massive for their chances at the 5th spot, whilst a loss for them opens the door for all 3 teams below them.

Hinterland Vs UQ, the same for these two teams as it is for moreton if Beenleigh end up winning as the loser it all of a sudden becomes very hard to make finals. However a Beenleigh loss and a win for either and all of a sudden it opens right up again. Hinterland extremely hard to beat at home so will be a difficult test for UQ.

So exciting to have this comp coming down to the wire for the final spot in the finals, could very well come down to the final round of the year.

Absolutely a cracking game up at Moreton today. The game went down to the last kick after the siren.
It was a great win by the Buffs!
Very big win for the Buffs, a win next week Vs Hinterland would almost all but seal that 5th spot for them and finals.

Hell of a game again between Springwood and Coorparoo. Almost seemed as if it was destined for another draw until suckling somehow found a mountain of space and kicked truly from 55. Feel as though it won’t be the last time we see those two playing this year.

Mayne with a strong win over Caloundra which puts them back into a close shot of 3rd and a crucial double chance.

Hinterland once again with a good win at home, they have proven to be very difficult to beat up there and if they can someone sneak a couple wins in these last few games may be a sneaky chance to get into finals.

Hey guys, have enjoyed reading the forum all year - thought it'd be worth having a chat about a recent change that's had a noticeable effect on our UQ Red Lions team: the departure of David Bagshaw. Ever since he moved for work and started to play with the Goondiwindi Hawks, we have struggled to put together four quarters.

After being in and out of the seniors side in 2022, Bagshaw forced his way into the seniors in 2023 - plain and simple. His footwork is smooth, his kicks are on point, and he had this uncanny ability to turn a game around in an instant. Sure, we have other skilled players, but none quite like Bagshaw. He's a game-changer, and losing him has left a noticeable void in our lineup. Having the likes of Crozier and Macanawi around helps, but Bagshaw brought something different.

UQ has hit a rough patch since Bagshaw's departure. We haven't been able to secure a victory, and it's frustrating to watch. Having said that, all the best to the Goondawindi Hawks in their finals campaign - i'm sure they'll all stand a little taller with Bagshaw by their side.

Hey guys, have enjoyed reading the forum all year - thought it'd be worth having a chat about a recent change that's had a noticeable effect on our UQ Red Lions team: the departure of David Bagshaw. Ever since he moved for work and started to play with the Goondiwindi Hawks, we have struggled to put together four quarters.

After being in and out of the seniors side in 2022, Bagshaw forced his way into the seniors in 2023 - plain and simple. His footwork is smooth, his kicks are on point, and he had this uncanny ability to turn a game around in an instant. Sure, we have other skilled players, but none quite like Bagshaw. He's a game-changer, and losing him has left a noticeable void in our lineup. Having the likes of Crozier and Macanawi around helps, but Bagshaw brought something different.

UQ has hit a rough patch since Bagshaw's departure. We haven't been able to secure a victory, and it's frustrating to watch. Having said that, all the best to the Goondawindi Hawks in their finals campaign - i'm sure they'll all stand a little taller with Bagshaw by their side.
This is about as funny as cancer

Couldn’t help but look. For others interested…

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Dave Bagshaw a few days ago. I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in but Dave Bagshaw himself.

I was nervous as shit, and just kept looking at him as he was sitting there with his phone and waited, but was too scared to say anything to him. Pretty soon my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother anyone, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asked what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So David put down his phone, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of the hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

Well well well haven’t hinterland now thrown a spanner into the works. Massive win for them on the road pushes them into 5th and leaves a chance still for both UQ & Moreton as well. Massive game to drop for Beenleigh as they have both Springwood and Coorparoo to finish off the season so will be very hard for them now. Pumas seal up second spot and a home final with a win yesterday. Mayne jumping into third now over Caloundra however Mayne still do have to play Coorparoo so that could very well change. Going to be an extremely exciting finish to the season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a club president tell me it was simply to ensure the season finished on a particular date! Sounds stupid. Fine line between too many byes and not enough but in a comp that has a built in bye each week I'm not sure too many fixtured ones are required.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back