QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

15 - 9 for Quinn. Tied with Magin from Hinterland for most goals 74
geeeeeze just one of those years for the buffs. They do play some pretty good football. At times today they looked the better team, but they really let themselves down with poor/sloppy second efforts.
I hope they regroup over the off season and build for 2025. With Coop moving into Qafl we dont need any other teams to drop out.
Mayne must be favorites with home ground advantage in finals. UQ on a roll and will push coops next week.
You're joking aren't you?

Take Quinn and Morrison out of Mayne, and they’re like a sandwich without the filling—pretty unimpressive! Without them, the margin would've been 20 points. The Buffs had their moments of brilliance but then decided to play like they were utter trash at times too. UQ will beat coops and win win the flag is my tip.

Take Quinn and Morrison out of Mayne, and they’re like a sandwich without the filling—pretty unimpressive! Without them, the margin would've been 20 points. The Buffs had their moments of brilliance but then decided to play like they were utter trash at times too. UQ will beat coops and win win the flag is my tip.
Well based on that Quinn and Morrison are worth 165 points.

Wasn’t at any of the games but jeez all 4 finals games had some different results.

Hinterland knock out the reigning premiers Springwood in the seniors by almost 10 goals.

UQ challenged Coops most of the way but in the end Coops too strong.

Ressies- Hinterland also knocks out Springwood. And seems Mayne came from behind to win by a single point against UQ.

Next week with Coops and Mayne @ Mayne in both grades 1v2 will be a cracker. And another double header in both UQ and Hinterland @UQ in both grades.

Anyone go out to either game? Uni v Coorparoo by the looks of the score just looks like the kings were too strong in the second half. Hinterland very impressive,
what happened to the reigning premiers in the back half of the season? Looked like they were right in the premiership race up until a few weeks ago. No doubt they will be back up and around it next year.

Anyone go out to either game? Uni v Coorparoo by the looks of the score just looks like the kings were too strong in the second half. Hinterland very impressive,
what happened to the reigning premiers in the back half of the season? Looked like they were right in the premiership race up until a few weeks ago. No doubt they will be back up and around it next year.
I reckon injuries hurt pumas first and foremost, coupled with improved opposition in mayne, uni and hinterland (coorparoo still just as strong) and they struggled to keep pace. I reckon a full list would see the pumas right up there, and they will be again next year.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would think the clubs that were struggling for numbers in their senior ranks, are now better off without Colts (Jindalee might be a good example?)

Then those that already had solid numbers, have a Friday night side as well - and the Colts aged kids are dispersed across the 3 teams on ability

I think the Rolls boys are actually Kenmore juniors, before treading the well worn path across town to Morningside/Coorparoo thanks to academy coaches..
Morningside local

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like 13 backing up from the senior team of last week. I would assume the same issue as Redcliffe had last year

I stand corrected - maybe the issue is numbers to fill 2 teams!

If you back up players in the 2sa all year, its a recipe for diaster.

Your 2's will be artificially good, because Senior players are playing every week - but come finals time, none will be eligible.

They have an u17 girls team in Division 1 by the looks of it, they should have planned ahead.

It’s hard enough filling a ressies team. Imagine trying to fill a women’s reserve team that starts at 6:30 on a Saturday night!
Is there a particular reason for playing the ressies after the seniors? In a sense you’d still have a crowd if your women’s team had men’s playing before hand. Which you’d probably want your seniors playing in a bigger crowd than your ressies. But I agree 6:30 on a Saturday is not great. If the home side doesn’t have men’s playing. Why not play earlier games in the day? I’m not involved in any women’s teams but I assume there is a reason why.

Just a thought. Would AFLQ or any clubs with women’s teams look to make a Friday night comp? Or would it just clog up Fridays and not have enough umpires as there would now be 5 competitions on a Friday night.

Is there a particular reason for playing the ressies after the seniors? In a sense you’d still have a crowd if your women’s team had men’s playing before hand. Which you’d probably want your seniors playing in a bigger crowd than your ressies. But I agree 6:30 on a Saturday is not great. If the home side doesn’t have men’s playing. Why not play earlier games in the day? I’m not involved in any women’s teams but I assume there is a reason why.

Just a thought. Would AFLQ or any clubs with women’s teams look to make a Friday night comp? Or would it just clog up Fridays and not have enough umpires as there would now be 5 competitions on a Friday night.
The 6.30pm Saturday time slot was introduced to keep the Ressies with the seniors, after their 4.45pm game. Separating the teams would make it worse imo.

Big win by Mayne today and deserves to be in the last game of the season.
Coop apparently only had 17 fit payers in the 4th Qtr today but they lost the game well before that, with very poor displine. I believe they gave up 3 100 mtr penalties which created goals for mayne.
interested to watch the replay, but it was a dominant performance by the tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back