QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Very early for this chat but hearing Hinterland are kicking off there recruiting next year with what would be the best player in the league. Ex junior

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was only a few years back it was 6 teams.

Do Beenleigh stay? Who comes up?

HQ massively dragging the chain on planning and structure.
Dont think its ever been 6 teams since the old North South split, did have 7 a couple times between 2020-21 when Caloundra didn’t compete and then after Noosa went up.

I’d imagine Beenleigh will be in a similar situation to Mt Gravatt are for QAFL after all Beenleigh did have a horrible run of injuries this year. Think they’ll stay up for another year at least. Dont think any team is clawing at the bit though to come up. Although probably 3-4 total from the north/south that have the capability of coming up.

Used to HQ dragging the chain on it like they do everything else though.

Dont think its ever been 6 teams since the old North South split, did have 7 a couple times between 2020-21 when Caloundra didn’t compete and then after Noosa went up.

I’d imagine Beenleigh will be in a similar situation to Mt Gravatt are for QAFL after all Beenleigh did have a horrible run of injuries this year. Think they’ll stay up for another year at least. Dont think any team is clawing at the bit though to come up. Although probably 3-4 total from the north/south that have the capability of coming up.

Used to HQ dragging the chain on it like they do everything else though.
Agree that 3-4 could come up. But I can’t see it being from the GC unless 3 come up together. Think of Coolangatta, they have a good rivalry with Bond and Burleigh that remains competitive. The furthest they drive is to Coomera. Why would they want to head up to the north side of Brisbane to play Mayne & UQ and even further to play Moreton Bay and Caloundra? Even Springwood is a hike compared to what they do now.

Unless you’re aiming for QAFL why bring the travel in?

Last edited:
Normally a competition meeting late November, early December so surely we'll have an answer by then. Most teams starting preseason in about month you'd assume.
Yes apperently heaps to discuss and act upon in the Div 1 space for both Men’s and Women’s.Most AFLQ staff on leave during October! How many teams and who? the big question with the men whilst fixturing times for the Women under review.

Agree that 3-4 could come up. But I can’t see it being from the GC unless 3 come up together. Think of Coolangatta, they have a good rivalry with Bond and Burleigh that remains competitive. The furthest they drive is to Coomera. Why would they want to head up to the north side of Brisbane to play Mayne & UQ and even further to play Moreton Bay and Caloundra? Even Springwood is a hike compared to what they do now.

Unless you’re aiming for QAFL why bring the travel in?
Why does the south comp not have to travel but the north has to go from Gympie to park ridge. Way more travel!

Why does the south comp not have to travel but the north has to go from Gympie to park ridge. Way more travel!
I think a few too many clubs getting comfortable in their little north or south comp. Not sure why suddenly all teams in div 2 that are successful want to continue to stay in div 2 now. I think a few clubs need to harden up and move up when it is time.

Massive talks on any club who’s senior team is a Friday night team that’s wanting a second team that they MUST go Saturdays the year after for the sake of Saturday footy. Which is huge effort going from Fridays to Saturdays. Yet when it comes to moving up from div 2 to div 1 in the last 2-3 years on a Saturday. It’s too hard and the travel is too much?

Think we all forget the old pineapple cup days? Noosa to Palm Beach? And I agree with Akers, we got Park Ridge going up to Gympie. But we don’t want to upset Burleigh, Coolangatta and Bond Uni?

QAFL has 5 GC teams plus 2 SC teams. Not sure Maroochydore and Noosa really worried about the drives to 5 Gold Coast teams when they went up.

Having 6 or 7 teams in div 1 when we have around 12 in div 2 north is ridiculous.

I’m not getting into the Park Ridge & Gympie debate GA. I’ll leave that for AFLQ Freddy & SM to debate.

But I think what you say backs up what I said. A promoted 2 North club up to Div 1 forgoes the Gympie trip AND then plays others located in a similar geographic area as they have now. A promoted Div 2 South club makes a significant change in travel.

I think a few too many clubs getting comfortable in their little north or south comp. Not sure why suddenly all teams in div 2 that are successful want to continue to stay in div 2 now. I think a few clubs need to harden up and move up when it is time.

Massive talks on any club who’s senior team is a Friday night team that’s wanting a second team that they MUST go Saturdays the year after for the sake of Saturday footy. Which is huge effort going from Fridays to Saturdays. Yet when it comes to moving up from div 2 to div 1 in the last 2-3 years on a Saturday. It’s too hard and the travel is too much?

Think we all forget the old pineapple cup days? Noosa to Palm Beach? And I agree with Akers, we got Park Ridge going up to Gympie. But we don’t want to upset Burleigh, Coolangatta and Bond Uni?

QAFL has 5 GC teams plus 2 SC teams. Not sure Maroochydore and Noosa really worried about the drives to 5 Gold Coast teams when they went up.

Having 6 or 7 teams in div 1 when we have around 12 in div 2 north is ridiculous.
I don’t disagree with any of that BP (except I think it’s 4 QAFL clubs on the GC, not 5).

The same goes the other way too. A couple of clubs should be bumped down. There needs to be a criteria instead of self interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back