QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Please explain??
I could be wrong but we were told he was suspended, but i believe the umpire told Ash that he wont be getting another free kick for the rest of the game Ash then said you cant do that you cheating campaigner, exact words i believe and the umpire didnt really appreciate it.

I could be wrong but we were told he was suspended, but i believe the umpire told Ash that he wont be getting another free kick for the rest of the game Ash then said you cant do that you cheating campaigner, exact words i believe and the umpire didnt really appreciate it.
error on both parties there if that's the case. umpires shouldn't engage in that sort of chatter, and players need to keep their mouth's shut.

you think it will come from one of the top 4 teams. I agree mccoy is good but they havent won enough. viccy points best chance will be eadie the back flanker or the tall forward, lewis... he is better than templar. The saints have some handy players, westbury was going well but has been out for a month or so, allan always in the best too. brick & dick for the eagles and niven is always a standout for the Tigers.

Its good to see the eagles and saints doing well, both only won 2 or so games each last year and both will finish in the top 3 with 10+ wins. Looks like its viccy points to drop but stranger things have happened in finals.

Tips this weekend
Carrara by 6
Ipswich by 100+
Vic point by 80
Pine rivers by 40
Good luck everyone final 4 sorted but positions 2 and 3 and 4 very much up for grabs
Final 4 will look like
Vic point
Carrara
Ipswich
Redcliffe
Reserves will stay the same congrats to all clubs involved to have both seniors and reserves playing finals footy is a great achievement
Might look like a one horse race in both grades but anything can happen
Go Saints I know as a club we will be trying for that first ever flag
Only 5 years old lots of ups and downs but well done to all of those involved at the swamp

Interesting battle this weekend for the double chance. If Carrara lose, Ipswich just need to make up a point differential of about 80 points and they have it

Interesting battle this weekend for the double chance. If Carrara lose, Ipswich just need to make up a point differential of about 80 points and they have it
Will be a red hot game at Viccy point
Do Vic Point rest a few more players this week and just play out the last game aiming for a win or do they field a full strength side
Yep cards are stacked to fall ipswichs way this week and good on them they have been the one side that has really impressed me this year
I honestly think no matter who finishes third either cararra or Ipswich can make grand final and challenge vic point
Preliminary final could be game of year and should be both those teams fighting out the right to play in grand final
What's really good to see is earlier in year keyboard warriors absolutely shit canned both Carrara and ipswhich and both of those two sides have just gone and done what they need to and have played good footy to finish in top 3 unknown variable in all of this is Redcliffe when they are good they look good but when they are not switched on they are bad
Finals footy anything can happen

victoria point have named a strong team. some good players coming back from last week. 1 verse 2 in both grades tomorrow. how are the saints looking fat boy?

victoria point have named a strong team. some good players coming back from last week. 1 verse 2 in both grades tomorrow. how are the saints looking fat boy?
Haven't seen the sides yet but I'm looking forward to good game of football
I think it will be a game played with 3 variables
Can the Saints backline control Vicky points forwards
Can Vicky points backline hold the saints forwards either forward line gets on top early it could be game on
Saints midfield has been looking good this year
Heart says saints but results this year would say vic point
All I know is there will be no excuses from me whatever result
As for twos I think Saints will be strong again played in 2 grand finals in past 5 years and finals series this year with a few blokes who understand what finals footy is all about
I think the run into finals series this year will benefit the saints as they are hungry for success and want to be a respected team in competition
Vic point deserve to be minor premiers decent club who are coached extremely well
Hopefully the game tomorrow does not turn int a non event
As a supporter you could not ask any more of the top 4 teams in both seniors and reserves

Carrara hand viccy point their first loss. Winners by 20 in a hard contest.

Windle.... still dont rate us? 2 wins in 2016 to 12 in 2017.
Still 3 games to go till the big dance
Finals footy bring it on
What happened out at Pine Rivers today I for one would not have picked that result
As I keep saying funny things happen at this time of year
Well done Saints it's great to finish top two now it's time to keep the momentum building
One win doesn't make a season but today's result does show that maybe things can happen
Looking forward to next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracka jack's been talking up Carrara players for weeks, I'm still waiting to hear what happened to the 'best player in the comp' that was missing against Vic Point?

Pretty sure its a one-horse race.. if Vic Point haven't practiced posing for photos with the cup yet, then they probably should start. No-ones come close to beating them.
check them results?

Carrara hand viccy point their first loss. Winners by 20 in a hard contest.

Windle.... still dont rate us? 2 wins in 2016 to 12 in 2017.

Bit hard to compare this years competition to last years cracka jack but well done to saints on a good year.

Good luck to all the teams in finals and we look forward to welcoming a new competitor to Div 2 next year.

Be prepared as definitely big step up

windle..... gone in hiding?

blocker roach 100%. from what ive seen from viccy point/saints this year they have both recruited new sides. the game on saturday was as good as what the suns/kedron produced last year, even quicker. both teams have guys who have played vfl/neafl/qafl before. would match everyone bar aspley/moreten.

blocker roach 100%. from what ive seen from viccy point/saints this year they have both recruited new sides. the game on saturday was as good as what the suns/kedron produced last year, even quicker. both teams have guys who have played vfl/neafl/qafl before. would match everyone bar aspley/moreten.

I think the last part of that statement is a big call
Seen a couple of div 2 games this year and I think both Saints and Viccy point would have to really step up to consistently make it in Div 2
Blocker is on the money and going up a level means that it's not just footballers required to improve it's the behind scenes people that need to as well
Can't speak for vic point but I know the saints struggle at committee level at times and if committee is not strong or football orientated ( not just mums and dads watching kids play ) that if it's left only a few blokes that's when problems can happen
I'm in favour of promotion / relegation if a club ticks boxes committee wise
Blocker what are your thoughts on the differences required as a club to be successful in div 2

Haven't gone into hiding at all mate. Good win by Carrara but by the way you and your teammates are carrying on though, you'd think you'd won the premiership already. Makes for an interesting final next week... maybe save the "check them results" chat for when it really matters.

I think the last part of that statement is a big call
Seen a couple of div 2 games this year and I think both Saints and Viccy point would have to really step up to consistently make it in Div 2
Blocker is on the money and going up a level means that it's not just footballers required to improve it's the behind scenes people that need to as well
Can't speak for vic point but I know the saints struggle at committee level at times and if committee is not strong or football orientated ( not just mums and dads watching kids play ) that if it's left only a few blokes that's when problems can happen
I'm in favour of promotion / relegation if a club ticks boxes committee wise
Blocker what are your thoughts on the differences required as a club to be successful in div 2

Wouldn't say we are successful Div 2 club Fatboy but I think we ticking most boxes on the way. Like all clubs playing community footy it gets harder every year.

Think with having both seniors/ ressies biggest problem is water carriers, field and boundary umpires.

We have a pool to draw from youth and junior teams for support. Our leadership group made a decision this year to forego award monies to pay our youth/junior kids to ensure we had all the positions filled every week. They preferred to look more professional by having all volunteers in place was greater value than awards each week.

Not sure there is any easy formula apart from hard working committee and really well organised senior footy department.

We came across a lot of clubs this year that didn't have ressies field umpire, boundary umpires and even water carriers. That plus live scoring was another key area that clubs lacked.

At the end of day every club doing their best but reckon any club with no juniors or youth footy attached to their club is not sustainable for both players and support staff. Plus both seniors and juniors need to be aligned not working against each other.

Again only my opinion. But if you look at clubs that really struggling most don't have junior base. Bond and UQ probably different cases but all the strong teams in QAFL and Div 1 most have good junior base.

You sure about that?

Blocker
Wouldn't say we are successful Div 2 club Fatboy but I think we ticking most boxes on the way. Like all clubs playing community footy it gets harder every year
blocker roach I wouldn't even say you were a successful div 3 club! Along as Beenleigh, you muppets shouldn't have gone up.
Carrara to win seniors flag
Redcliffe to win ressies with a stacked side once again

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back